61 posts in this topic

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Cankles are when you can't distinguish between your calf and your ankles, hehe. Since I've been on bedrest, my feet haven't had the opportunity to get swollen. I'm going to be going back to work a couple of afternoons a week, so I'm looking forward to some nice cankles in the near future.

I'm sure the next 6 weeks are going to seem painfully long...at least that's what everyone tells me!

I was so fortunate that I didn't have too many complications with my pregnancy. I did have gest. diabetes and I had to take the shots, but everything was kept under control and the shots weren't so bad.

Now the last few days, my blood pressure starting creeping up and since I was set for a scheduled induction, I was put on bed rest for a few days. By that time, my belly felt like it was going to burst and I couldn't get out of bed without rolling back in forth to gain enough momentum to prop myself up! I feel for ya being on bedrest. How long have you been on bedrest?

I had a placental abruption and cervical insufficiency at 25 weeks, so I've been on bedrest for 9 weeks now. Physically, it's obviously been very helpful - the baby is still in there! But mentally, it's been exhausting - feels like prison! (granted, a very nice prison with central A/C, but confinement nonetheless!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Good morning, everyone.

I officially have 6 weeks left till the baby comes. Yesterday I was on my feet a little bit for a doctor's appointment and now I finally understand what cankles are! Holy Moses!

Happy Wednesday MENA :energy: Wow Jenn, time is flying by! My sister in law is due Oct 15th with a boy, so shes got about 5 weeks left to go.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Im leavin' on a jet plane. Dont know when Ill be back again....

Bye Bye Texas!

Have a safe trip! Let us (me) know when you are there (home).

Morning Mena! not such a good morning for me. I am home for the second day in a row. My asthma is kicking my butt bad. Looks like i'm gonna have to go to doctor to get some predisone.

My youngest called me last night kind of late. He said he wanted to talk, I could tell something was bothering him. The first thing I thought is-is there something wrong with the baby? Well apparently he and his g/f witnessed a little boy 9 years old, getting hit by a car. He said the car was goin like 40-50 mph and when the boy was hit, he flew 10-15 feet in the air. He said he didn't know the extent of injuries other than that htey put oxygen on him.

Well low and behold, front page news this morning, there it is. The man who hit the boy-didn't get cited for anything except he had a suspended license. I feel sorry for the boy and his family cause that means no insurance and undo medical bills. We still have no idea how bad the boy is, they flight for lifed him up to Children's hospital in Milwaukee and said the injuries didn't appear to be life threatening. It really bugged my son, cause his 2 year old step son is just beginning to walk and all he could think about is, what if that were Alex? I told him welcome to parenthood! We are all just praying the little boy will be ok!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys have a great Wednesday.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I had a placental abruption and cervical insufficiency at 25 weeks, so I've been on bedrest for 9 weeks now. Physically, it's obviously been very helpful - the baby is still in there! But mentally, it's been exhausting - feels like prison! (granted, a very nice prison with central A/C, but confinement nonetheless!)

Holy pillow fritter!!!! 9 weeks!!!!! WOW!!! I know some people would say they would love to have bedrest for 9 weeks, but when you are so confined in your movement like that, I know it's got to be so frustrating. I'm glad for you that soon you will be able to get around.

Terrie, I think that the family could still pursue some type of civil damages if some kind of insurance wouldn't help cover the medical expenses. That is just so awful for the child. AND awful for your son. I've come upon TWO different accidents where a pedestrian was hit and DID NOT survive and I have never, ever been able to wipe those from my memory.

Alli...the marinade looks awesome! I'm totally swiping it! Kiss the cook for me. :)

GLADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:cry: my parents are picking hubby up to bring him to the airport in a couple of hours :cry: i wanna go home so bad and just snuggle but i work for satan. :(

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
:cry: my parents are picking hubby up to bring him to the airport in a couple of hours :cry: i wanna go home so bad and just snuggle but i work for satan. :(

Oh Bridget... :(

How long is he gone for? Can't you tell Satan to go stoke the furnace or something????

Timeline

Oh Bridget... :(

How long is he gone for? Can't you tell Satan to go stoke the furnace or something????

No to the furnace unfortunately. First two weeks of every month we are all held captive unless death is imminent. He's only going for two weeks. We were both bawling our eyes out last night and my oldest barges in our room, takes one look at us, shakes her head like we're whacked and walks out texting her friend. The reason we're sad is the unknown. I keep thinking of your husband you know? And your FIL!!!! And the movie Rendition!!!! UGH. I'm my own worst enemy!!!

Timeline

Dayum that Beelebub!!!!!!

Actually Hicham went home for four weeks this July to see his family and (knock on wood) Bridget, he did not have one single problem. (Knocking on some even harder wood) He didn't even get selected for the special screening process like usual.

Of course I was worried sick out of my mind about him going after all we've been through, and we had him loaded up with every single official document just in case, but he had no problems coming or going.

His POE coming back was JFK, so I was much relieved about that. I think as long as none of our SOs are going through the Charlotte Airport...you should be okay.

Keep your chin up girlie! Inshallah, time will go by and he will be home before you know it! :)

Timeline
Dayum that Beelebub!!!!!!

Actually Hicham went home for four weeks this July to see his family and (knock on wood) Bridget, he did not have one single problem. (Knocking on some even harder wood) He didn't even get selected for the special screening process like usual.

Of course I was worried sick out of my mind about him going after all we've been through, and we had him loaded up with every single official document just in case, but he had no problems coming or going.

His POE coming back was JFK, so I was much relieved about that. I think as long as none of our SOs are going through the Charlotte Airport...you should be okay.

Keep your chin up girlie! Inshallah, time will go by and he will be home before you know it! :)

Usama's going in and coming out of JFK so that's good to know that it's nice there. Boston was very easy but I was scared of the big city port. :blink::blink: He was just talking to me trying to figure out where to smoke in the airport. He swears there's a smoking section but there's not. There was one in Italy but that was Italy. He's gonna be DYIN by the time his plane hits the ground in Cairo!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Awwwww! I feel for you. (F) I dont think I can handle Medo leaveing after waiting so long for him to get here. It makes me tear up just thinking about it.

Untitled.jpg

Timeline

Awwwww! I feel for you. (F) I dont think I can handle Medo leaveing after waiting so long for him to get here. It makes me tear up just thinking about it.

he's in the car with my parents. A 20 minute ride in the backseat while listening to the Chairman of the Board on the radio and not being able to smoke. If he survives this ride he'll be ok. lol

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

2 weeks without a cig. And YESSSSSS I miss my smokes.

Last night Medo and I drove 2 hours to go to a mid east restaurant so we could get kabob and shawarma. And it wasn't that good :angry: Tomarrow were going and getting a full sheep. And will just make our own. :dance:

Untitled.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.