pdcvcc

England Trip

68 posts in this topic

England is great, isn't it?

In the wake of the "you lie!!" fiasco, my fiance sent me a video of what it's typically like in the UK parliament (equivalent to Congress):

I nearly died laughing!!

Do you think you'll go again before the visa process is over with? John&Camie, I've been following your story too since my VJ stalker days, congrats!!

Paul is planning on coming to the US in about 5 weeks and then I will be back for Christmas to New Years. My family tends to always celebrate Thanksgiving together so I shared with Paul's parents that we will always go back for Christmas. Can't wait to see England at Christmas time. :)

I can't wait to see it in the summer! :) Christmas was too cold for a Phoenician, and not even the novelty of snow to make it more interesting. :(

I was mostly there to visit people which can easily be done inside, and spent all my time with Nik though. New Years under Big Ben and across from the Eye was a lot of fun! :)

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going back to England in October for 2 months....

Looking forward to seeing my daughter... friends... a nice curry and some REAL chocolate....

NOT looking forward to the grey weather!!

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

John&Camie, I've been following your story too since my VJ stalker days, congrats!!

Thanks so much! We're putting our AOS together at the mo ... good times. LOL! But at least we're together now, so I can't complain. :)

THE JOHN (UK) AND CAMIE (US) SHOW

K-1

[*]I-129F Sent : 2009-02-19 [*]I-129F NOA1: 2009-02-23 [*]I-129F NOA2: 2009-03-23 [*]John's Medical: 2009-05-11 [*]John's INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!: 2009-06-08 [*]VISA ARRIVES!!: 2009-06-12 [*]Camie Goes to England : 2009-06-18 [*]Our POE : 2009-06-24 [*]Got married and went to Jack-in-the-Box : 2009-07-07

AOS

[*]AOS Package Sent: 2010-02-13 [*]AOS Package Delivered (per USPS): 2010-02-15 [*]USCIS Email Confirmation (WOO HOO!!): 2010-02-23 [*]AOS Fee Check Cashed: 2010-02-23 [*]USCIS Status Check Available Online: 2010-02-24 [*]I-485 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]I-765 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]Biometrics: 2010-03-18 (letter received 2010-03-08) [*]EAD CARD RECEIVED: 2010-05-06 [*]INTERVIEW: 2010-05-21 - APPROVED [*]RECEIVED GREEN CARD: 2010-06-17 - Lakers FTW, then off to Disneyland to celebrate!

ROC

[*]I-751 Package Sent: 2012-05-18 [*]I-751 Package Delivered (per USPS): 2012-05-19 [*]CSC Fee Check Cashed: 2012-06-06
[*]I-751 NOA1: 2012-06-07 (dated 2012-05-21)
[*]Biometrics: 2012-07-16 (letter received 2012-06-25) [*]RFE: 2013-01-18 (responded on 2013-04-08)
[*]I-751 APPROVED: 2013-04-25 (dated 2013-04-19)

[*]10-Year GC Received: 2013-06-17

Christopher Midian Chance - 7lbs., 5oz., born 11-19-14 :wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I genuinely think it was the bacon sandwich that I made for the now Mrs PG which sealed our relationship.

For me, it was the fact that she was bowled over by some bacon and brown sauce in french bread.

For her, it was my culinary genius.

In summary: All the best relationships are founded upon bacon sarnies and cups of tea.

In summary: All the best relationships are founded upon bacon sarnies and cups of tea.

WORD :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Interesting to see how you're all missing Blighty so much. Is it just me that, after living in the States for the last 6 months, and enjoying everything it has to offer, wouldn't go back home in a hurry if you paid me?

Serious question.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Interesting to see how you're all missing Blighty so much. Is it just me that, after living in the States for the last 6 months, and enjoying everything it has to offer, wouldn't go back home in a hurry if you paid me?

Serious question.

I would go home tomorrow. Serious question answered :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Serious question.

And there was me thinking you were "falling in love" with Alabama. ;)

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Serious question.

And there was me thinking you were "falling in love" with Alabama. ;)

:lol: :lol: I did try :P

I don't miss it enough to call myself "homesick" - I miss my loved ones back there but don't actively have a gaping hole where England used to be or often pine after it. If I think about it, I realise that I do miss it.

But yeah, I would like to go back there tomorrow if I could. Have a stock up of my favourite foods, see my loved ones, walk around my favourite places, hear the accent in person.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Serious question.

Maybe it's too soon yet, but i'm not missing England especially.

I'm assuming that the feeling of being on an extended vacation will end as soon as I can work, so maybe it'll all seem a bit more real then - but for now i'm not missing it at all! In fact, I would go as far as to say that Mrs PG is missing the times we spent in England more than me.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

WORD :thumbs:EXACTLY

I second that! The deli near where I work knows EXACTLY who it's for when an order comes in for a bacon roll (with butter) :innocent:

Serious question.

The other half often asks me why I don't get homesick. The answers simple, my home is here. My family is here. What would I be going back to?

It helps that there is a British Goods store not 10 miles from here, which satisfies every food craving I might have. :P

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

I'm not in too much of a hurry to go back. We have a gorgeous home here on the Lake in Michigan. My friends & family are all keen to come here for holidays so I'll get to see them that way. :star:

I do miss having a Friday night chicken tikka balti from the takeaway though!

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Serious question.

Kris would go back immediately if we could. Bad thing is we can't till my oldest (at the very least) graduates. We are seriously looking at trying to do it once that comes about but it will depend on our financial situation and the legalities of getting approval from the court to move with my youngest son. I personally am looking forward to going and I know he is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Was very excited to find some crumpets at one of the big chains "Central Market" but I must say a sorry excuse after having such delish ones in Chatburn. These were very flat but at least something. Going to the "British Emporium" this week, their website states specifically that they have proper bacon. :) Can't wait. :luv:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.