darkangel1215

confused of what else to send for K3

6 posts in this topic

hi there,

I am filipina and got married with american. now we are starting to gather all the documents that we need to send to the USCIS. I am quite confused about the evidence of a bonafide marriage.. I told my husband that just gather all the money transactions( western union), phone calls and text messages, and pics.. so how many pics do we have to send and how many biographic information do we nned to send in filing the I-130?

Do we really need to send a photocopies of supporting evidence?

Please help us..

thanks

Mariane

Hi angel4life.

The VisaJourney Guides are a very useful resource when you are trying to prepare your petitions on your own. You may want to consult them, they are so helpful. :) The list of documents and how many pictures are found on the K3 Guide.

USCIS only requires photocopies of your documents unless they give instructions for you to submit originals.

You don't have to prepare a lot of pictures.

For our petition, because we decided to include sworn affidavits from people who were at our wedding, so we included pictures of them in the ceremony and reception. (They were also kind enough to provide a photocopy of the bio page of their passports for us to attach to our affidavits, so it was easy for USCIS to identify them in the pictures we sent :) )

G-325A is 4 copies each for the Petitioner (your husband) and another 4 copies for the Beneficiary (you). Just fill out one G-325A and print it 4 times. :)

If you send them originals, they might lose them or not return them to you...you need them later when you have your Embassy interview.

hi there,

I am filipina and got married with american. now we are starting to gather all the documents that we need to send to the USCIS. I am quite confused about the evidence of a bonafide marriage.. I told my husband that just gather all the money transactions( western union), phone calls and text messages, and pics.. so how many pics do we have to send and how many biographic information do we nned to send in filing the I-130?

Please help us..

thanks

Mariane

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

By the way, have you looked into applying for CR1 or IR1? It's a permanent resident application (meaning you get a green card at the end of the process). You get CR1 (conditional 2-year green card) if you have been married to your US Citizen (USC) husband for less than 2 years, and an IR1 (10-year green card) if you have been married for 2 years or more.

It's worth checking out. Just read the Guides. :)

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

hi there,

Please help us..

thanks

Mariane

the main objective for your application is to prove that you marred in good faith (that you were not coerced or just marrying for a greencard etc) so gather all docs that proves this, aside from just western union receipts

click on this link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k3guide

good luck and god bless!

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

I just sent in a few pics maybe 10.. few of the wedding and a few before the wedding and an affidavit from a relative that stated they knew of the relationship and subsequent marriage. I think with the I130 submission you more need to prove you met and got married,,, for the interview you need more substantial documentation as to the continued bonafide relationship.

My two centavos,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I sent in alot of supporting evidence but there are some people who send none and get approved. There is a benefit of front loading the petition with evidence as it gives the CO a chance to see all of that before they even interview you :)

we sent affidavits,email and chat screenshots copies of letters received and sent and about 6 pics.

Good luck on your journey, I hope its fast and easy

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.