ally and moh

pictures and the interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I hope this is a good place for this question. And I am a bit early in the planning to ask, well maybe not. We were just sent back for further processing at the interview stage on our fiance visa. So we are going to abandon it and get married in Jordan in about 3 weeks.

But there are issues.... his family doesn't really approve.

There will be no wedding, no pics with them, etc. We will marry at the court house and his friend will take pics for us. I don't know that I will see any of his family while I am there.

Could the embassy refuse a visa based on his family's non acceaptance of us? Have ther been any cases of this? Is this a valid reason for denial?

This is sacrey for us.

I hope this is a good place for this question. And I am a bit early in the planning to ask, well maybe not. We were just sent back for further processing at the interview stage on our fiance visa. So we are going to abandon it and get married in Jordan in about 3 weeks.

There will be no wedding, no pics with them, etc. We will marry at the court house and his friend will take pics for us. I don't know that I will see any of his family while I am there.

Could the embassy refuse a visa based on his family's non acceaptance of us? Have ther been any cases of this? Is this a valid reason for denial?

This is sacrey for us.

So you've had your interview and your petition is at the processing stage? What are they looking at for further processing? Do you think you're going to be denied? For what reasons? You should overcome the reasons why you think you're going to be denied, address those, before getting married and refiling.

Why aren't you waiting for the processing? Did his family's refusal to acknowledge the relationship (fiance) have anything to do with the "further processing"? As in, did they do a home visit or something?

If you're both adults, I highly doubt if the family's non-acceptance of you two being together will have an impact, unless it's something specific to that Consulate. Perhaps it's not an issue of their non-acceptance, but that they have said, written, or been interviewed by Consulate or Embassy personnel and won't confirm a relationship at all?

Again, you REALLY need to see and ask why the petition is awaiting further processing at this time before continuing.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This is sacrey for us.

The short answer is yes. Consulates in many countries do consider the cultural "norms" of the beneficiary's country and religion when determining if they believe a relationship is genuine, or a sham for immigration purposes. There have been plenty of cases where a visa was ultimately denied, and the petition sent back to USCIS, because the consular officer did not believe the relationship met the cultural standards of the beneficiary's home country. US immigration law gives the consulate the right to make this call, and USCIS does not often reaffirm petitions if the consulate provides adequate evidence with the denial.

I've read cases on this forum where visas were denied in Egypt after the Fraud Investigation Unit of the consulate made visits to the homes of the beneficiary's family and discovered they were either not aware or did not approve of the relationship. I've also read cases where visas were denied in Morocco because the US petitioner was a female who was much older than the male beneficiary. I've also read a LOT of cases where visas were denied in Southeast Asia because the couple did not have a traditional engagement ceremony and celebration that involved a hundred or more family and friends of the beneficiary.

In short, any relationship that would seem suspicious to a local living in the beneficiary's country is going to seem suspicious to the consulate.

This is a difficult to hurdle to overcome. Marriage may help, in addition to having a longer relationship. Carlawarla is correct, though. If the consulate is intending to deny the K1 then you need to know why and address it with any subsequent CR1 filing. Otherwise, the CR1 will also be denied. You might want to wait it out a little and see if the consulate ultimately denies the K1, and what reason they provide.

Do you mind if I ask why, specifically, his family does not approve? Is he a Muslim and you a non-Muslim?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

If I am not mistaken, the visa was denied for the OP due to a picture that was shown at the interview which emphasized the age difference between them. They were given 221(g) because of it. Based on another thread started by the OP.

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
If I am not mistaken, the visa was denied for the OP due to a picture that was shown at the interview which emphasized the age difference between them. They were given 221(g) because of it. Based on another thread started by the OP.

Getting married will usually not affect the reasons a denial was made. You should probably take care of why they denied your first petition; getting married will not make them change their minds or make them take pity on your case.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Getting married will usually not affect the reasons a denial was made. You should probably take care of why they denied your first petition; getting married will not make them change their minds or make them take pity on your case.

Totally agreed. They denied you because they don't believe you have a legit relationship; they think he is using you for a visa. Getting married won't change that. Why is his family so against this relationship? Maybe you should consider moving to Jordan for a while, get to know his family, get married, and make a stronger case. Then refile and get approved. I think you should give us more information on his family as to why they disagreee. Have you talked to them ever? What do they even know about you? Have you ever even met your fiance in person? You have too many red flags in your case and you need to reconsider how your going to go about this, otherwise you may waste alot of time, money and energy all for nothing. We all wish you the best of luck, and we would hate to see this turn out so poorly for you. Please give us more information about your situation and maybe then we could give you some other advise. Good luck....

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ah, ok. Now I remember this one. :blush:

This is a tough nut to crack, since there isn't really much a person can do about their age. It might help a lot of she can establish a relationship with her fiance's family and get their approval.

Just a little friendly advice: If the 15 year age difference is also the reason the family doesn't approve, her fiance might point out that Khadija, the first wife of the Prophet Muhammed, was ALSO 15 years older than her husband. Their marriage was so happy that he didn't take another wife until after she died. :thumbs:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.