maiahoneyager

21 Young, and Lost

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey all there,

i am 21 years old. starting at age 18, in 2006, I have been living alone and never was a student. I went to Egypt in 2008, off and on. Met my Husband there in 2009. We lived together and got a religious marriage at age 20... because i was not allowed to marry (without guardian consent) until my 21st b-day, which was June 15, 2009. We got married June 16, 2009. At the end of July, i returned back to US inorder to bring my husband here.... I lived there for a lil over 6 months... but i didn't think it possible to do a Direct Counselar Filling, bring him to USA cuz we barely had 1,800 dollars... he only makes 250-300 USD a month...

So, it's like this.... since 18 years old, my income was never enough to have to file taxes (i made less than 5,000 *off the top of my head) I have never held a job over-seas... and i was my "foriegn" husband's dependent while living in Egypt.

--How do i obtain this proof of not needing to file for ITR, in order to submit that in my affidavit of support?

--How do i use my mom as a co-sign? (what amount of money does she have to have saved?)

My "foreign" Husband is a Doctor and is studying now so that he can register for the USMLE step 1... but we are not sure how that can help or hurt us in getting him "home" to USA

--Since our marriage is on file with the state of Oklahoma... if he has to travel for step 2 of USMLE will he be denied a visa since we are married(and i filed our marriage in the month of August..*a.k.a not over 6 months thing?)

Basically, i am now working inorder to save money to file.... but we have only been living together 7 months... and married "officially" for 3 months... after i save up the money and start k-3 process is there a way i can visit him???

Or do i have to wait here in USA until all is finished???

If anyone can explain in simple english to me: how to get this BIG ball rolling, i would REALLY APPRECIATE!

Edited by maiahoneyager

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i can try to explain:

first ur mother has to count the amount of people she supports with her income then look at the income to see if she exceeds the amount that is considered poverty level ( that link is in the example forms i believe), if she does then she can do the support documents but u have to fill them out even if u have never had an income.

just call the IRS and request last three years of tax records, if you have not worked then it will show that on the transcripts thats ur proof that you have no income.

your husband being a doctor really does not have anything to do with the immigration they might look at it to see if he is educated but from my own experience didnt help us a bit with the k1

you can go to see ur husband anytime in the process that u wish to.......he just will not be able to get a visa to come and see u while the process is going on.

im sure someone will come a long that has better information than i have but at least its a start

good luck on ur visa journey

sara

Hey all there,

i am 21 years old. starting at age 18, in 2006, I have been living alone and never was a student. I went to Egypt in 2008, off and on. Met my Husband there in 2009. We lived together and got a religious marriage at age 20... because i was not allowed to marry (without guardian consent) until my 21st b-day, which was June 15, 2009. We got married June 16, 2009. At the end of July, i returned back to US inorder to bring my husband here.... I lived there for a lil over 6 months... but i didn't think it possible to do a Direct Counselar Filling, bring him to USA cuz we barely had 1,800 dollars... he only makes 250-300 USD a month...

So, it's like this.... since 18 years old, my income was never enough to have to file taxes (i made less than 5,000 *off the top of my head) I have never held a job over-seas... and i was my "foriegn" husband's dependent while living in Egypt.

--How do i obtain this proof of not needing to file for ITR, in order to submit that in my affidavit of support?

--How do i use my mom as a co-sign? (what amount of money does she have to have saved?)

My "foreign" Husband is a Doctor and is studying now so that he can register for the USMLE step 1... but we are not sure how that can help or hurt us in getting him "home" to USA

--Since our marriage is on file with the state of Oklahoma... if he has to travel for step 2 of USMLE will he be denied a visa since we are married(and i filed our marriage in the month of August..*a.k.a not over 6 months thing?)

Basically, i am now working inorder to save money to file.... but we have only been living together 7 months... and married "officially" for 3 months... after i save up the money and start k-3 process is there a way i can visit him???

If anyone can explain in simple english to me: how to get this BIG ball rolling, i would REALLY APPRECIATE!

Edited by estadia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

YOU need to get a job( which i see u have) and get your affairs in order...it is very hard and expensive when they get here and him being a dr there will prob not go far here for some while. Jobs here are hard to find and unless your mom is fairly rich it will be a struggle depending on the other family she supports, its not just a piece of paper, its room board, foods, cigarettes, clothes entertainment etc so gear up and do your part

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

first of all he can take his step 1 and 2 overseas and can wait until he gets here for the second part of step 2 which cost around $1200. these USMLE tests are not cheap so start saving for them now. he needs to do really well on the tests or landing a job quickly wont happen. most hospital require you to have a score of 80 to have them even concider you.

there is no reason you cant go visit him but remember the cost of immigration is not cheap and its probably best you stay home and save up the money for the exams and everything else. once he passes all his tests then there is applications you have to buy in order to apply for the residency programs. your going to run into alot of costs until he gets a job and even after.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hey all there,

Start by carefully studying the guides.

K3 is obsolete, so follow the CR1 visa path.

Financial papers are not filed with the initial petition. They come later.

This is a free country, so your travel decisions are your own, but it sounds like your practical concerns will make travel a very hard choice.

You've got a lot of reading to do. Have fun, and we'll be here for remaining questions after you've studied the guides.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline
Hey all there,

This is a free country, so your travel decisions are your own, but it sounds like your practical concerns will make travel a very hard choice.

You've got a lot of reading to do. Have fun, and we'll be here for remaining questions after you've studied the guides.

its not a requirement to study the guides before asking questions. if you cant be bothered by people who dont study first then just dont answer them. there are people out there that will!!!

Timeline
Hey all there,

its not a requirement to study the guides before asking questions. if you cant be bothered by people who dont study first then just dont answer them. there are people out there that will!!!

No idea where you get the idea I'm "bothered". I'm giving what I think is the most beneficial advice to efficiently learn what needs to be learned. It's also the policy and advice every poster sees when they read the following just above the window in which they post.

Please consider reading the FAQ's and Guides before posting.

People who rely on asking questions without studying the guides are likely to fail to learn valuable information they would never have thought to ask about. Suggesting an alternative course of action is not an indication one is bothered by the current course.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Timeline

Jeez.

I studied the guides here for several weeks before I posted my first question.

Being 'young' isn't an excuse for being rude.

Timeline
Hey all there,

No idea where you get the idea I'm "bothered". I'm giving what I think is the most beneficial advice to efficiently learn what needs to be learned. It's also the policy and advice every poster sees when they read the following just above the window in which they post.

People who rely on asking questions without studying the guides are likely to fail to learn valuable information they would never have thought to ask about. Suggesting an alternative course of action is not an indication one is bothered by the current course.

After posting this, I was enjoying some fine green tea with my wife and it occurred to me, you would use a textbook and lectures for a class in astrophysics. You're not going to show up in a big room with the Professor saying, "Ok, this is astrophysics. Anybody have any questions?" To do it yourself, you must "learn" the process. The guides are your textbook and lecturer.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

The guides are the best way to gain an understanding of the process. It's simple, clear and accessible.

Like pushbrk and rebeccajo I am happy to answer individual questions once a poster has read the guides.

As a participant on this website you need to take responsibility for making an effort to understand the process before you ask people on this website to nutshell things. It doesn't work that way.

100's of successful petitions have been submitted as a result of the information contained in the guides and although you are well meaning DonnaA, by failing to point people in that direction first you could be assisting them in the compilation of a petition that is littered with mistakes and missing information.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
Hey all there,

Well said!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
Hey all there,

Hi, to my opinion pushbrk was quite polite with his answer to the fellow VJ'er, and he is 100% right. READ UP as much as you can and educate yourself before asking questions and then ASK, if the answer for the question is nowhere to be found.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

The process is complicated and confusing only if you try to wing it by failing to read all of the guides and instructions. There are really no short-cuts to take, not even by hiring a lawyer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If your going on a trip, dont u usually look at a map and make a plan and even earlier wouldnt you start by picking the destination, then save the money, learn the best time to travel, learn what you will need, etc etc no different in this journey. If you have questions on some item read other articles, ask a friend thats been there, If your old enough to marry your old enough to do these steps. Its a hard journey for most

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.