drchouinard

Fiance address on I-129F and G325A

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Who is moving, the beneficiary or petitioner?

If the beneficiary is moving (which I think is inferred from the mention of consulate papers), it should be fine since it will likely take 4-6 months until the interview and correspondence from the embassy, during which they will already be settled in the new place since you mentioned 'a few months'

If its the petitioner, it's advised to have a permanent address although you can always update your address with USCIS on their website or via phone after moving. And as an added precaution, set up mail forwarding with USPS.

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Who is moving, the beneficiary or petitioner?

If the beneficiary is moving (which I think is inferred from the mention of consulate papers), it should be fine since it will likely take 4-6 months until the interview and correspondence from the embassy, during which they will already be settled in the new place since you mentioned 'a few months'

If its the petitioner, it's advised to have a permanent address although you can always update your address with USCIS on their website or via phone after moving. And as an added precaution, set up mail forwarding with USPS.

It is the beneficiary that is moving. I don't see how it will be fine if I list his current address if he plans on moving in a few months, since the contact from the consulate will come later (like you said probably 4-6 months.) That is why I am worried. Should I give a permenant mailing address for him? Like his parents' house? Or would that look like it was controdicting his G325A list of addresses if his present address doesn't match the one listed on the I-129F?

Timeline

Here is something to try.

Once you get your NOA2/Approval notice - your case will be forwarded to NVC. NVC will assign it a case number - you can call NVC to obtain this new number (may take a few tries since they may not receive the file right away from USCIS).

Once you have this case number I would suggest you (or your fiancé) contact the Embassy (check Embassy Section for best method to contact them). Using the new NVC case number and other identification (name, DOB, etc), let the Embassy/Consulate know about the change. They should respond and confirm they've updated their records so the Packet(s) go to the correct address.

Or you could list his parent's home address for the mail to go to like you suggested to circumvent all possible problems of lost mail. I am unsure if this will be a problem but I have read that some have done it this way.

You could try searching on this site 'beneficiary change of address". A whole bunch of different threads come up with some suggestions and experience.

N-400 Stuff:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Use an address where you're confident he'll be able to receive mail 4 to 6 months from now.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Here is something to try.

Once you get your NOA2/Approval notice - your case will be forwarded to NVC. NVC will assign it a case number - you can call NVC to obtain this new number (may take a few tries since they may not receive the file right away from USCIS).

Once you have this case number I would suggest you (or your fiancé) contact the Embassy (check Embassy Section for best method to contact them). Using the new NVC case number and other identification (name, DOB, etc), let the Embassy/Consulate know about the change. They should respond and confirm they've updated their records so the Packet(s) go to the correct address.

Or you could list his parent's home address for the mail to go to like you suggested to circumvent all possible problems of lost mail. I am unsure if this will be a problem but I have read that some have done it this way.

You could try searching on this site 'beneficiary change of address". A whole bunch of different threads come up with some suggestions and experience.

You've been so helpful! :content: Thank you so much for everything.

Timeline

Most welcome :)

N-400 Stuff:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.