IloveTofu

will i get an RFE?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I'm hitting myself as I typed this. i double and tripled check my I-129F form on the 4th, and I forgot to check the box where it says if you have commited any crimes?

Am i almost certain i will get an RFE for this?

a few questions.

1. should i resend another application checking the box and writing them a letter, or will that mess things up more

2. should i just wait for them to process and likley send out an RFE? if so, how long does it take them to process RFE after they get the docs back?

thanks alot for the help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I'm hitting myself as I typed this. i double and tripled check my I-129F form on the 4th, and I forgot to check the box where it says if you have commited any crimes?

a few questions.

1. should i resend another application checking the box and writing them a letter, or will that mess things up more

2. should i just wait for them to process and likley send out an RFE? if so, how long does it take them to process RFE after they get the docs back?

I would wait until they issue a RFE. Sometimes, they might not even notice this. It really depends on the officer. If you respond to your RFE through a private courier like Fed-Ex they can approve your case in a matter of 5 days or so. I am going to use Fed-Ex to respond to my RFE as it will ge to the service center and not the PO Box.

Edited by Starlight95

My fiance forgot to check off the no box in Section C question.. wherever the no box was.

We were RFE'd for that.

You think they'd call instead of wasting paper.

Just wait for the RFE, in my opinion.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

a few questions.

We all screw up some way or the other.

But:

That's not a good question to have missed.!! :bonk:

Just wait and see what happens.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

a few questions.

You probably will get an RFE for this.

No guarantee that this will work, but if you want to try to head off the RFE, here's what I'd suggest:

Wait 'til you get NOA1 or at least until you get your receipt number by viewing the cashed check through your online banking website (presuming you wrote a check and use online banking, of course).

Once you have the receipt number, copy out the text of Part C, Question 2 on page 3 of the I-129F (the part you forgot to answer) and check the appropriate answer. Be sure to include the receipt number and the full names of the petitioner and beneficiary. The document attached to this message is a sample including all the necessary elements. It couldn't hurt to have your signature notarized, but it's probably not necessary.

Send this with a cover letter containing all the same identifying information—receipt number, petitioner's name, beneficiary's name—and stating that you realized after submitting the form that you neglected to answer Part C, Question 2 on page 3 and that you've included a supplement answering that question.

Again, this may or may not work, but if I were you, I'd give it a try. Good luck!

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

a few questions.

We all screw up some way or the other.

But:

That's not a good question to have missed.!! :bonk:

Just wait and see what happens.

I noticed a LOT of mistakes in my package after I sent it out. I was about as careful as I'm able to be, but it's hard to scrutinize 86 pages of stuff. :blush:

When the IMBRA was first passed, USCIS sent out a LOT of RFE's to have the new IMBRA form signed. I think this is one of those things they won't overlook. I think an RFE is almost certain.

IloveTofu, don't send anything before you get the RFE. It will only fall into the infamous USCIS "black hole".

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

a few questions.

Out of all the questions to miss out... I'd say you couldn't have missed out a worse one :o( - within reason. I'd personally wait for the RFE and deal with it then. It just goes to show that no matter how careful you are, it's easy to miss the most basic things. I wouldn't worry about it, it'll just mean a short delay. But learn from your mistake.

In future, I think it's always a good idea to get someone else to look over any form before sending it off. A 'fresh' pair of eyes is always a good thing. They spot things you might have missed.

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

We got a RFE for it. Not a big deal. Try not to worry too much about it.

The paper you receive from them is not the same as the page where the unanswered question was. They retype it and put it in slightly different format and you have to sign it again.

SO if I were you, I'd wait until you get it as they cannot and quite honestly, should not, let that one go without questioning it. Wait for it, fill it in, sent it off and you'll get your NOA2 soon afterwards. We were in VSC and it too them almost 2 months from the receipt of RFE to issue the NOA2. But I believe the CSC works faster on them. It was almost intolerable waiting for it, knowing that had it not been for this omission, stupid mistake, we would have been approved so much earlier and would have been together sooner. I took it as a deserved punishment for not noticing the omission prior to sending the petition off.

Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

a few questions.

Anything you send now will go into the USCIS black hole. Wait for an RFE, if any

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

wait for the NOA1 then wait for the RFE and dont send anything unless they ask u for it, good luck, abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

a few questions.

Just wait.

JNR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.