37 posts in this topic

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Happy Sunday all

IHQ your posts cracked me up. I would be pretty excited to be coming home too. Sparklers would make a nice touch.

Hope everyone else is good!

Her first line question really got me thinking,... Is She Serious???! :lol:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

IHQ, love the background music, kudos for being physically able to do cartwheels but I have to say that sparklers may be a security issue so why not substitute a fake torch and the spiked hat that our lady of liberty wears on her head? And if you don't do the cartwheels you can fit a Chinese menu in the other hand so you can salivate over it during the flight.

For some reason my oldest daughter started cleaning her sister's room after coming home from a sleepover. I'm not going near the general area lest I impede upon their progress. :devil: When I'm ready we're all going to the mall. This year they ordered most of their back to school clothes via the internet but for some reason there was a problem with my little one's order and it got cancelled so we're old skoolin' it and actually going to the store. lol. My oldest is very good at coordinating outfits so I want her to find me something I can throw on and off in a pinch to cart them all over creation. I usually wear a coat over my jammie pants and one of these days I just know I'll be pulled over and will be caught in my jammies and fuzzy slippers on my way to pick them up from a friends' house or the mall. :P Actually my husband and I thought up two rockin' businesses if anyone wants to steal the idea and go with it.

The first is a teen center. We have nothing in our town for the teens to do after dark. Just need a big enough space for ping pong and pool tables, video game area, movie area, snack area and dancing area. Second idea is a shop for moms on the go complete with travel beverage cups, scheduler with alarm telling you to stop what you're doing and pick the kids up, full clothing line for those times you're still in bed but you have to jump out immediately and take them to a game or a friend's house, etc.

Have a good one!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Morocco vs. Togo WC qualifying now.

GO MOROCCO!

Edited by caybee

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

I think I need to use Mom's espresso machine and have a latte to wake up! My friend is coming to get me in an hour and I still feel :sleepy: . We're making cookies and watching movies today! :dance: I am glad I came home for this break.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

My honey met me at the club after he got off work and we danced a few songs thenwent to Denny's with my drunk boss and co-worker. It was fun, I go out with them on special occasions and this is the first time Hasan got to go as they usually go out on Friday nights and he is at work. Since the band is a mellow band it was great. Although I came home and went straight to bed as I am not used to being up that late.

Today we are going to go for a ride not sure where yet since we have fires in the mountains and don't realy want to drive the 2 hours to the coast, I guess we will figure something out. Guess I should get ready and go to the gymand get my workout over before Hasan gets up so I can be ready when he is.

Take care and have a wonderful day

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

I apologize for not having more suggestions the other day for your celebration...I had one foot out the door and a co-worker yappin' at me. Can you get your hands on some sparklers? Maybe wave those whilst cartwheeling wearing your patriotic outfit with the Detroit or bust sign on your back? I think that would be quite a spectacle. OH and you have to either have accompanying music or perhaps tip the bawab a little extra to come sing for you? The Uncle Cracker song sounds good but my fave is cheezy ol Neil and his classic, "America".

Usual circumstances would demand a little more than that to get out of the Bad Wife Club, but I'll let you slide and give you credit for effort.

Dinner went well. My favorite auntie cooked (I accidently haven't learned how to cook Egyptian food) and sort of cleaned up after herself but that's a loose description considering food preparation is a flat-wide event - on the veranda, in the salon, everywhere - and if it hits the floor, that's where it stays. I'm not complaining because 1.) I'm happy to have someone cook for me and 2.) She's a truly lovely woman and she's shown me nothing but big love. It's just kindof funny because I've never seen anyone cook like that before.

The kitchen is still a disaster and when I went in there to clean I discovered, woopsie!, we're out of dish soap.

Lady Liberty Crown ... check

Glo Stick (in lieu of sparklers) ... check

Chinese take-out menu ... check

Red, white, blue outfit ... check

Face-paints ... check

"Detroit or Bust" sign ... check

Neil Diamond AND Uncle Kracker MP3s on my American mobile ... check

Baweb AND security guard chorus (I hope they learn fast) ... check

Assorted flower petals ... check

Cartwheeling practice ... check

Paid-in-full ticket ... check

Passport ... check

Allz I gotz to do is throw these suit cases and the carry on together and make it to the plane on time.

Really, don't get me wrong. Egypt can be lovely. It has it's good points. However, there's enough about daily life that makes it absolutely insane to try and live here for any length of time. I just want some freedom - the same freedom I will NEVER take for granted again.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I apologize for not having more suggestions the other day for your celebration...I had one foot out the door and a co-worker yappin' at me. Can you get your hands on some sparklers? Maybe wave those whilst cartwheeling wearing your patriotic outfit with the Detroit or bust sign on your back? I think that would be quite a spectacle. OH and you have to either have accompanying music or perhaps tip the bawab a little extra to come sing for you? The Uncle Cracker song sounds good but my fave is cheezy ol Neil and his classic, "America".

Usual circumstances would demand a little more than that to get out of the Bad Wife Club, but I'll let you slide and give you credit for effort.

Dinner went well. My favorite auntie cooked (I accidently haven't learned how to cook Egyptian food) and sort of cleaned up after herself but that's a loose description considering food preparation is a flat-wide event - on the veranda, in the salon, everywhere - and if it hits the floor, that's where it stays. I'm not complaining because 1.) I'm happy to have someone cook for me and 2.) She's a truly lovely woman and she's shown me nothing but big love. It's just kindof funny because I've never seen anyone cook like that before.

The kitchen is still a disaster and when I went in there to clean I discovered, woopsie!, we're out of dish soap.

Lady Liberty Crown ... check

Glo Stick (in lieu of sparklers) ... check

Chinese take-out menu ... check

Red, white, blue outfit ... check

Face-paints ... check

"Detroit or Bust" sign ... check

Neil Diamond AND Uncle Kracker MP3s on my American mobile ... check

Baweb AND security guard chorus (I hope they learn fast) ... check

Assorted flower petals ... check

Cartwheeling practice ... check

Paid-in-full ticket ... check

Passport ... check

Allz I gotz to do is throw these suit cases and the carry on together and make it to the plane on time.

Really, don't get me wrong. Egypt can be lovely. It has it's good points. However, there's enough about daily life that makes it absolutely insane to try and live here for any length of time. I just want some freedom - the same freedom I will NEVER take for granted again.

When my husband came home tonight he told me that they were drilling to extend the subway system or something like that and apparently three buildings collapsed and the whole area where his sisters live went without water and electricity for a long while. I don't get it. How does something like that happen??? Don't they have engineers over there??? Blueprints?? Something similar to digsafe?? I can't imagine no water and no electricity in the heat of Cairo. That means no fans and no way to cool yourself off with water. :blink:

The girls and I watched the Sound of Music, my favorite movie ever tonight. I loved watching them watch it since they didn't know what would happen from one minute to the next. It really made me happy inside that they loved it just as much as I do. :wub: I remember as a young girl singing the "I am sixteen going on seventeen" song in my room dreaming that I was as pretty as Leisel. *sigh*

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Evening! Ah, 2 more minutes to go EST before it is Monday!

My computer is still on the blitz... argh. no webcam/voice for almost a week now! I miss my honey!

Ihavequestions- I remember being glad to get back to the states from Syria- and I was only gone a week! Went right to McD's and got me a juicy Big Mac... that was the best.... of course, i was not glad to leave my honey- just glad that I lived in a country where I had choices of what to eat and I could go where I wanted to go without other people putting their nose in my business!

Have a great Labor Day!

ah. the longing....

Timeline
When my husband came home tonight he told me that they were drilling to extend the subway system or something like that and apparently three buildings collapsed and the whole area where his sisters live went without water and electricity for a long while. I don't get it. How does something like that happen??? Don't they have engineers over there??? Blueprints?? Something similar to digsafe??

I remember when I was there visiting my husband, a few guys were digging a trench in the the street, laying some kind of electrical wires or pipeline or something and I noticed that they were wearing sandals, there were puddles on the ground (dangerous if it was electrical work) and some children were jumping back and forth over the trench. OSHA would have had a field day! However, I'm sure they didn't work for any kind of utility company and I suppose Cairo doesn't require permits like they do in the US. You need a building permit to put a nail in the wall to hang a picture here. So, I laughed and stopped watching before I, as a mother, had a cardiac arrest due to the children.

My dad and my brother are Mason Contractors here, so I HAD to take pictures of the "scaffolding" and brick work there. Makes me wonder what would happen if a building inspector from the US go there and assess some of these buildings. How many code violations do you suppose they'd have?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I remember when I was there visiting my husband, a few guys were digging a trench in the the street, laying some kind of electrical wires or pipeline or something and I noticed that they were wearing sandals, there were puddles on the ground (dangerous if it was electrical work) and some children were jumping back and forth over the trench. OSHA would have had a field day! However, I'm sure they didn't work for any kind of utility company and I suppose Cairo doesn't require permits like they do in the US. You need a building permit to put a nail in the wall to hang a picture here. So, I laughed and stopped watching before I, as a mother, had a cardiac arrest due to the children.

My dad and my brother are Mason Contractors here, so I HAD to take pictures of the "scaffolding" and brick work there. Makes me wonder what would happen if a building inspector from the US go there and assess some of these buildings. How many code violations do you suppose they'd have?

I was out yesterday and some guys were doing something similar, they had a hole opened in the street and were down inside it, but they hadn't put up any traffic cones or anything so cars kept almost driving over/into the hole. :blink: Every now and then a guy would pop his head up and check for cars, but didn't really seem that concerned.

Complete sidenote: Today's my daughter's birthday, I have a cake mix, but I need to make frosting. How do you make frosting without vanilla extract? Does that vanillin powder actually taste good enough to use?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.