unknown001

I-864 (AOS) Help

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just paid the AOS fee. And now i have a quick question.

I do have 3 tax returns - 2008 is single but the other two (2007 & 2006) are joint with my ex. So when i fill the form I-864 where it ask for the income as per my tax return do i need to put only my income from 2007 & 2008 tax return or W2 and not the total that includes my ex income also....am I right?

2008 tax return is single.............i will put my income from the W2

2007 was joint..............do i need to put only my income from the W2 or the tax return, excluding my ex??

2006 was joint..............do i need to put only my income from the W2 or the tax return, excluding my ex??

Please guide me....thanks a lot in advance.

Bye

Service Center....VSC

Send I-130.........................Dec 31, 2008

NOA1 Date.........................Jan 06, 2009

Called Congressman...........Aug 10, 2009

A# Assigned.......................Aug 19, 2009

Updated (Touched).............Aug 20, 2009

I-130 Approved..................Aug 20, 2009

NOA2 Recieved...................Aug 27, 2009

NVC Case Recieved.............Aug 28, 2009

NVC Case no assigned.........Aug 31, 2009

DS-3032 email recieved.......Sep 04, 2009

AOS Bill paid (Online)...........Sep 04, 2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

You need to put down the total for each of the three years on which you paid your taxes, as per your 1040s, not your W2. To do anything else will boomerang if they try to verify with the IRS. For AOS purposes, they are only interested in knowing that you have enough continuing income to support your spouse.

Timeline
You need to put down the total for each of the three years on which you paid your taxes, as per your 1040s, not your W2. To do anything else will boomerang if they try to verify with the IRS. For AOS purposes, they are only interested in knowing that you have enough continuing income to support your spouse.

Thanks for the reply....but why am I putting my ex spouse income when only its me supporting?? I think i should put only my income from the joint returns and exculde my ex's?...pls advise

Service Center....VSC

Timeline

I do have 3 tax returns - 2008 is single but the other two (2007 & 2006) are joint with my ex. So when i fill the form I-864 where it ask for the income as per my tax return do i need to put only my income from 2007 & 2008 tax return or W2 and not the total that includes my ex income also....am I right?

2007 was joint..............do i need to put only my income from the W2 or the tax return, excluding my ex??

2006 was joint..............do i need to put only my income from the W2 or the tax return, excluding my ex??

Service Center....VSC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would put all 3 tax returns, even tho you filed with someone, you still filed.

JNR

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

duplicate posts merged

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.