Kaahlonice

A few questions if I may

6 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and have some questionsabout the whole citizenship process. A little background first. I first came in the US in 28 Sept 2004, after I got maried to an american national. On 15 Sep 2005 I returned to my country for 2 weeks to visit my family. The reason I am mentioning this is because I dont know whether or not these 2 weeks before completing a full year will work against me when I will try to get my citizenship...will they?- THIS WAS THE FIRST QUESTION-

In January 2006 me and my husband had to move out of US in England because he is military and had orders. The period of time to be in England is not definite...may be 3 or 4 years, depending on when he will get his next orders. Here comes the second question. Will this whole situation again, work against me when filling for citizenship?

Another thing...because we have been stationed pretty much in really bad locations I could not get a job with an employer and all (I worked as freelance photographer) so I didnt filled anything with the IRS because I didnt earned anything, basically. I understand that either with the N-400 or at the interview we are supposed to come with some IRS paperwork...should I come with the paperwork that my husband does for the IRS or what am I supposed to do?

Another thing is..since I got my GC through marriage I believe I am eligible to apply for citizenship after 3 years of marriage. Right now I filled paperwork to get my conditions lifted off my CG and they said I should get it approved or whatever in about 6 months. My 3 years of marriage and being in the US(I contacted the USCIS customer service and they said that since my husband is on Government orders no matter where we are it is considered US soil...but again they say many things-

) will be in Sept 2007, does anyone have any idea when I can send the N-400? Is it 3 months prior to the month you CG expires? I am very anxious to start this process but I know I still have 1 year to wait...please let me know when I can start the whole process.

One more thing...I read in the naturalization guide that at the oath you have to give up any nobility titles you might have...does this mean only during the oath (they wont address with Lady or Baroness or whatever) or you have to give it up completly?

And the last question is: Can I still keep my citizenship?

Thank you so much and hope to hear from you soon

Kaahlonice

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/English.pdf.

you can read this for more information regarding naturalization. check page 24 tells you about applying naturalization if you are a spouse of USC who is member of armed forces.

11-1999---Meet in Taiwan

08-2002---Wedding in Philippines

10-2003---Enter U.S.A.

07-2006---10 yrs Green Card

11-2010---Proud to be U.S. Citizen :joy:

12 Yrs Married and counting (L) (L) (L)

IR5 (Mother)

01-16-2014---I130 Sent

01-21-2014---NOA1 Recv

02-22-2014---RFE Recv

02-27-2014---RFE Docs Sent

03-14-2014---I130 Approved

03-20-2013---Case Shipped to NVC

03-21-2014---NOA2 Approval Recv

04-01-2014---NVC Recv Approved Papers

04-30-2014---Sent email request to NVC for expedited process

04-30-2014---Case # and Invoice ID # assigned

05-02-2014---Recv NVC email asking for foreign contact # to complete expedited request

05-05-2014---DS 261 available and completed

05-07-2014---AOS show up payable and paid

05-09-2014---AOS Paid (shows processed 5/08/2014)

05-09-2014---Case Sent To US Embassy, Manila

05-11-2014---DS-260 Completed Online

05-12-2014---Case is READY!

06-25-2014---Medical Exam done in one day but ask to come back for Sputum test

07-07-2014---Interview Schedule @ 6:30AM Cancelled due to sputum test

07-08-2014---to 7-10-2014 (3 days Sputum Test) Negative result

09-09-2014---Sputum Final Result: (PASSED!!! 9-08-14 )

09-16-2014---Interview (221(g) for NBI a.k.a. name, I864 Orig. Signature & NSO verification)

09-25-2014---Documents sent via 2go

09-29-2014---221g documents delivered. & signed by L. Bernardino

09-30-2014---and 10-01-2014,Touched but still on AP

10-07-2014---Email sent to USEM

10-15-2014---Called USEM

10-16-2014---Sent Fax to USEM of approved expedited letter from U.S. Embassy General

10-21-2014---Touched but still on AP

10-22-2014---Visa Issued :joy:

"It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy."

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
One more thing...I read in the naturalization guide that at the oath you have to give up any nobility titles you might have...does this mean only during the oath (they wont address with Lady or Baroness or whatever) or you have to give it up completly?

Do you have a title of nobility? What is it?

I don't know the answer to your question, but it made me curious that you pick that one out! :) See how easily impressed Americans are? :D

For keeping your citizenship, you have to find out what Romania says about it. The US will always see you as a USC once you naturalize.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Timeline
Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and have some questionsabout the whole citizenship process. A little background first. I first came in the US in 28 Sept 2004, after I got maried to an american national. On 15 Sep 2005 I returned to my country for 2 weeks to visit my family. The reason I am mentioning this is because I dont know whether or not these 2 weeks before completing a full year will work against me when I will try to get my citizenship...will they?- THIS WAS THE FIRST QUESTION-

In January 2006 me and my husband had to move out of US in England because he is military and had orders. The period of time to be in England is not definite...may be 3 or 4 years, depending on when he will get his next orders. Here comes the second question. Will this whole situation again, work against me when filling for citizenship?

Another thing...because we have been stationed pretty much in really bad locations I could not get a job with an employer and all (I worked as freelance photographer) so I didnt filled anything with the IRS because I didnt earned anything, basically. I understand that either with the N-400 or at the interview we are supposed to come with some IRS paperwork...should I come with the paperwork that my husband does for the IRS or what am I supposed to do?

Another thing is..since I got my GC through marriage I believe I am eligible to apply for citizenship after 3 years of marriage. Right now I filled paperwork to get my conditions lifted off my CG and they said I should get it approved or whatever in about 6 months. My 3 years of marriage and being in the US(I contacted the USCIS customer service and they said that since my husband is on Government orders no matter where we are it is considered US soil...but again they say many things-

) will be in Sept 2007, does anyone have any idea when I can send the N-400? Is it 3 months prior to the month you CG expires? I am very anxious to start this process but I know I still have 1 year to wait...please let me know when I can start the whole process.

And the last question is: Can I still keep my citizenship?

Thank you so much and hope to hear from you soon

Kaahlonice

HI! You can have a dual Citizenship. Its absloutely not forbidden. When you become a U.S Ctitizen you will make and American passport and still be able to keep the Romanian passport as well.

You will be able to enter the Romania and show your Romanian passport upon the arrival to Romania.

When you are going to leave the Romania you will need to show the American passport in the custom.

The dissandvanrge fo the Dual Citizenship is that in the United Sates you are going to be treated as an American ,BUT in Romania you are going to be treated as a Romanian.So, in case if something unplesant gonna happenen while you are in Romania the American Embassy is not gonna come up for to help you there. Thats pretty much it.

Best Wishes.

Sincerely.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I don't know the answer to your question, but it made me curious that you pick that one out! :) See how easily impressed Americans are? :D

For keeping your citizenship, you have to find out what Romania says about it. The US will always see you as a USC once you naturalize.

I am called Sir in the US, even though I have never been Knighted. Perhaps they just assume by my lack of American accent and general demenour that I must be?

Anyway there are Americans who have been so honoured, as you mentioned not recognised by US Government. I think it is because it does not come with air miles.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I am a Princess, and yes I know Americans can be easily impressed :P

Thank you for your answer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.