Teacher Mark

Vietnamese Visas

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am thinking about going back to Vietnam this month. I found a flight for 756$ that leaves in 2 weeks and I will leave the 15th of October to come home. Will the crack down affect the online visa application (Visa on arrival)? I am not sure if I will have the time or not going through some things with work over my shoulder so if I can swing it, it will be last minute. Please let me know if I may or may not have problems.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
I am thinking about going back to Vietnam this month. I found a flight for 756$ that leaves in 2 weeks and I will leave the 15th of October to come home. Will the crack down affect the online visa application (Visa on arrival)? I am not sure if I will have the time or not going through some things with work over my shoulder so if I can swing it, it will be last minute. Please let me know if I may or may not have problems.

Jerome

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Jerome

Visa on Arrival? I am usually able to get my visa by overnight USPS in 10 days or less. I have always been required to present the visa before boarding the filght to show that I wont be turned away at poe.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I've heard of visa on arrival, but I'm Vietnamese. It's $25-30 bucks + side money...

To be on the safe side, I highly recommend getting one before going over there. Go to a Vietnamese travel agent and they can sometimes get one QUICK!

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Jerome

Visa on Arrival? I am usually able to get my visa by overnight USPS in 10 days or less. I have always been required to present the visa before boarding the filght to show that I wont be turned away at poe.

I did a visa on arrival when I came. It worked like it was supposed to. When I boarded in San Francisco I gave them a number. The women started chattering to each other and called over a superior, who showed them how to process it.

Timeline

Yeah Visa on arrival. It only cost 20$ here in the us then when you land you pay $25 at the airport and they put the visa in your passport. Very easy and quick. I did that last time. It usually takes 3 days for them to get you the approval letter, you bring that letter with you through the airports and give it to them when you land. About 20 minutes later you are out front of the airport waiting for a taxi. You do not have to send your passport or anything to anyone. Here is a link to the site. http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-cost.html

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline
I've heard of visa on arrival, but I'm Vietnamese. It's $25-30 bucks + side money...

To be on the safe side, I highly recommend getting one before going over there. Go to a Vietnamese travel agent and they can sometimes get one QUICK!

I did it last time I came it was no problems at all. The people I went through were Vietnamese people over in Vietnam. They put the names through and get the approval letter and then you print it off and take it with you through the airports and when you land you just pay the stamping fee. It usually only takes 3 days. And if you need it faster you can pay a little more to get it done over night.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

With all of the ####### that they pull at the HCMC POE I just dont have the stones to risk it with that system. I need a visa in hand before I leave to be comfortable on arrival.. I have my 6 month visa and that allows me reentry if I buy another ticket down the road...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline
With all of the ####### that they pull at the HCMC POE I just dont have the stones to risk it with that system. I need a visa in hand before I leave to be comfortable on arrival.. I have my 6 month visa and that allows me reentry if I buy another ticket down the road...

I know the feeling. The entire way there I was worried that I might forget something or that they forgot to tell me something. But it worked out great, and I think on spur of the moment trips it is my choice now for sure.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.