Coco&Kitten

Change of address not updated by USCIS?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Maybe it is a silly question but has anyone experienced that their change of address was not updated? We filed AR-11 electronically and the other form that had to be mailed in about a year ago and I just received in the old address (belongs to my brother in law) the notification for removal of conditions. Didn't they update it?? will this mean that after we send the I-751 the NOA will go again to the old address? what can I do to make them update the address, any suggestions?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Coco& Kitten,

I am also worried about it. But I saw in other topics some people who complained about the same thing. They filed the AR-11 but it seems USCIS doesn't update it.

But those same people mailed their I-751 with the NEW address as the return address, and the NOA arrived at their NEW address.

I am concerned especially because when I got my green card I lived in address A. 2 months later my husband and I moved to address B. And few months ago we moved to another state, so it means an address C. I have a feeling the notification to remove conditionals might have arrived for me at the address A, even though I filed an AR-11 both times. Oh well, I am just praying and hoping my do fix and update the address now.

At least your old address is someone you know, and can still receive your mail. But don't worry. Just send your package with the mailing address as your current one.

And good luck to us :-)

02/2001 - Met in Europe

08/2004 - Moved to USA

08/2007 - Married in Brazil

09/2007 - Submitted AOS to VSC

12/2007 - AOS approved

09/2009 - Submitted I-751 to CSC

10/2009 - ROC approved (1 month 2 days from receipt date)

12/2010 - Submitted N400

01/2011 - Biometrics (twice)

02/2011 - Citizenship Interview and Civics Test

04/2011 - Oath Ceremony/American Citizen

Maybe it is a silly question but has anyone experienced that their change of address was not updated? We filed AR-11 electronically and the other form that had to be mailed in about a year ago and I just received in the old address (belongs to my brother in law) the notification for removal of conditions. Didn't they update it?? will this mean that after we send the I-751 the NOA will go again to the old address? what can I do to make them update the address, any suggestions?

Call USCIS and follow the prompts for address change.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

When you file the I-751, you can include the confirmation you received from your AR-11 and the NOA for I-865. Doing this, coupled with providing the right address on the form itself, should be more than sufficient. Sometimes people still have mailing issues though those people seem to be in the minority.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Timeline
When you file the I-751, you can include the confirmation you received from your AR-11 and the NOA for I-865.

I never received a confirmation from my 2 AR-11. Do you mean the post office delivery receipt??

Funny that the first AR-11 I sent was on July 2008. I typed my name instead of hand signing and they returned my request. I signed it and send it back (but this time I didn't pay for the return receipt/proof of delivery).

Then, on april 2009 I sent a new AR-11 (since we moved again) and never got any confirmation back that my address was updated.

02/2001 - Met in Europe

08/2004 - Moved to USA

12/2007 - AOS approved

12/2010 - Submitted N400

Timeline

Never mind my last post. I just realized my confirmation number appears on the bottom of my saved AR-11 (I always keep a copy for my records).

02/2001 - Met in Europe

08/2004 - Moved to USA

12/2007 - AOS approved

12/2010 - Submitted N400

When I said confirmation, I meant a copy of the whole confirmation receipt/report that you can download. Sorry if I confused you.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.