Ashley and Cuong

please help me

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Im so confused and i dont know what to do ...can anybody help me??

My fiance lives in vietnam, we have a baby girl together and i want him to be able to come and live here with us..whats the best visa to do? and how? right now im not working but i could...i just want to get him here fast..

Since you're not already married - the K-1 Visa is the only choice. Should you decide to get married, you could petition for either the K-3 or CR-1.

Keep in mind, HCM (U.S. Embassy in Vietnam) is one of the strictest in the world (very strict on meeting requirements, interviews, affidavits of support, etc). You will definitely want to make sure you have ALL your ducks in a row to be successful here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yep, K1 visa is only option if you're not married. Click the "Guides" link at the top of the page and read the K1 guides for general instructions on how to file. It will take 6 to 8 months, on average, before he'll interview for his visa.

HCM is definitely a tough consulate. You will probably need a job earning at least 125% of the poverty level for 3 people, which is currently $22,887 per year. You will need to sign a document and provide evidence that you have sufficient income to guarantee your new husband will not become a "public charge", meaning he won't be living off the taxpayers of the US. Some consulates allow you to provide a co-sponsor if your income is not enough, but the consulate in HCM rarely accepts co-sponsors. You're going to need to show sufficient income yourself.

I presume since you have a baby together that you've met within the past two years. You'll need to provide evidence of this in order to get the petition approved.

There are a lot of things that the consulate in HCM considers "red flags", and if not adequately addressed they can cause the visa to be denied. Spend some time (probably a LOT of time) reading the threads in this forum. There's a wealth of useful information, but you need to spend the time to read it.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

If you haven't already. Get you kid US citizenship. Proof you are the biological father will assist in proving you guys have a bonafide relationship.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

If you haven't already. Get you kid US citizenship. Proof you are the biological father will assist in proving you guys have a bonafide relationship.

:oops: I think the OP is the MOTHER - she should check USCIS.gov website and inquire about humanitarian option to expedite the K-1 process.

I don't know much about that, but maybe other members can jump in here. Also, I think they said that there are value-added FEES associated with that.

A DNA test will definitely be made.

Best of luck!

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Having a child together is not a reason for an expidited visa.

There is no "fast" visa going through HCMC.

You will need to be employed with annual income of at least $22,887. If you file for a fiance visa then you cannot use a co-sponsor for the visa. IF you marry him and then file for a CR1 visa you would be allowed to use a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support.

Do some reading in the guides here on VJ as well as in this forum. You will see lots of people petitioning for visas through HCMC. Learn from their experiences and prepare your petition properly.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Im so confused and i dont know what to do ...can anybody help me??

My fiance lives in vietnam, we have a baby girl together and i want him to be able to come and live here with us..whats the best visa to do? and how? right now im not working but i could...i just want to get him here fast..

K1 is the only way you can if unmarried. If married then CR1 or K3 can be considered.

JNR

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

They are all right you have to file for the K1 and it is not easy. Also you need to get to work NOW. No matter that you have a baby together they will not let you bring them over here if you can not prove that you can support them. You can get a co signer but I would make sure that you can afford them. Read the posts in this forum it will help, and good luck HCMC is not a good place to file for a K1 visa but just pray and it should all work out for you.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
They are all right you have to file for the K1 and it is not easy. Also you need to get to work NOW. No matter that you have a baby together they will not let you bring them over here if you can not prove that you can support them. You can get a co signer but I would make sure that you can afford them. Read the posts in this forum it will help, and good luck HCMC is not a good place to file for a K1 visa but just pray and it should all work out for you.

Jerome

US Consulate in HCMC does not accept SPONSORS for K1 or K3 visas. Everything else is correct. Find a job ASAP. It is not going to be fast.

Click the GUIDES link at the top of the page, and and look at the K1 flowchart and process. GOOD LUCK

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Timeline

Jerome

US Consulate in HCMC does not accept SPONSORS for K1 or K3 visas. Everything else is correct. Find a job ASAP. It is not going to be fast.

Click the GUIDES link at the top of the page, and and look at the K1 flowchart and process. GOOD LUCK

Very true. They do not accept sponsors...Even if your lawyer says they do.

K-1

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent :2006-06-23

I-129F NOA1 :2006-07-11

I-129F NOA2 :2006-10-11

NVC Left :2006-10-26

Consulate Received :2006-11-02

Packet 3 Received :2006-11-14

Packet 3 Sent :2006-11-15

Packet 4 Received :2007-01-22

Interview Date :2007-02-13 Submit Review

Visa Received :2007-02-14

US Entry :2007-02-20

Your interview took 235 days from filing.

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office :Seattle WA

Date Filed :2007-04-02

BioMetrics: 2007-05-03

Touched: 2007-05-04

Interview: 2007-07-19 PASSED!!!

Employment Authorization Document

Touched: 2007-05-04

Approved: 2007-6-18

Card Recieved: 2007-6-25

Removing Conditions

I-715 Sent California: 2009-4-23

I-715 recieved: 2009-4-24

I-797C NOA recieved 2009-5-16

Biometrics letter recieved: 2009-06-22

Biometrics: 2009-07-10

Approved: 2009-08-13

10 Year Card Arrived: 2009-08-18

Timeline

Ummm.... they don't accept joint sponsors, or co-sponsors as they are called here on VJ. They do accept sponsors - the petitioner is the sponsor. :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

The USCIS website says that you canm have a co sponser if you do not make enough money. If HCMC does not accept this then it is something they only do at their embassy. I think it is best for anyone regardless of where they file to make enough to support the person they are petioning for on their own. There are a lot of things at HCMC that do not go by the rules. I do still say to get to work asap, the problem is that they will want to see this years or last years tax return, so this means you might not want to file until you have a w2 form that shows you make the required amount. It is sad, but it is also probably true about HCMC not accepting a co sponser, so at this point you might have to face another year and this also might make it where you will have to go back and visit him once more to meet the 2 year requirement. Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Having a child together is not a reason for an expidited visa.

There is no "fast" visa going through HCMC.

You will need to be employed with annual income of at least $22,887. If you file for a fiance visa then you cannot use a co-sponsor for the visa. IF you marry him and then file for a CR1 visa you would be allowed to use a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support.

Do some reading in the guides here on VJ as well as in this forum. You will see lots of people petitioning for visas through HCMC. Learn from their experiences and prepare your petition properly.

I agree with AM on second view. The fact that the kid is already in the US

and US citizenship is not an issue may have little or no bearing on the

father's K-1 process. Balancing a well-paying job & a young child won't

be easy, but that seems to be the best option.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.