5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

HI GUYS ... I AM WAITING ON APPROVAL ON IR1 PETITION FOR MY SPOUSE . I AM TRYING TO GET READY THE AOS AND DS230

DOCUMENTS READY .AS I WAS GOING THROUGH THAT ... I HAVE SOME DOUBTS ...I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUTS ..

1. WHAT KIND OF FORM THAT YOU USE FOR AOS ?? I AM THE SPONSER .AND I AM USING THE INCOME FROM MY EMPLOYMENT FOR AOS . DO I USE I 864OR I 864EZ . I THOUGHT I 864EZ ,BUT I COULDNOT DONLOAD THAT FORM ...SAYS AN ERROR /NOT REPAIRED ..

2. WAT DOES IT MEAN BY CURRENT INCOME ON I 864 . IS THAT MY INCOME SO FAR FOR 2009 ?? OR DOES IT MEAN THE GROSS INCOME FROM THE LAST TAX REURN ???

3. I DO NOT HAVE A FULLTIME JOB ,BUT I MAKE ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO FILE AOS BY MYSELF ?? WILL THAT BE AN ISSUE ?? DO I NEED A LETTER FROM MY EMPLOYER TO GO WITH AOS ??

4. WHEN I SEND DS 230 ,DO I NEED TO HAVE THE ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF MY SPOUSE AND ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE ?? IT SAYS CERTIFIED COPIES .AN I AM NOT SURE THEY ISSUE CERTIFIED COPIED BACK IN INDIA ?? IF I SEND THOSE ORIGINALS ,DO THEY RETURN IT BACK TO ME ONCE ITS DONE ??

APPRECIATE YOUR SUGGESSTIONS ....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

1. WHAT KIND OF FORM THAT YOU USE FOR AOS ?? I AM THE SPONSER .AND I AM USING THE INCOME FROM MY EMPLOYMENT FOR AOS . DO I USE I 864OR I 864EZ . I THOUGHT I 864EZ ,BUT I COULDNOT DONLOAD THAT FORM ...SAYS AN ERROR /NOT REPAIRED ..

I-864EZ is fine it you only have employment income. See if you can open the one here - it works, I just tried it. If you keep getting an error, try downloading the latest version of adobe reader.

2. WAT DOES IT MEAN BY CURRENT INCOME ON I 864 . IS THAT MY INCOME SO FAR FOR 2009 ?? OR DOES IT MEAN THE GROSS INCOME FROM THE LAST TAX REURN ???

Your current annual income - how much money you anticipate you will make this year.

3. I DO NOT HAVE A FULLTIME JOB ,BUT I MAKE ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO FILE AOS BY MYSELF ?? WILL THAT BE AN ISSUE ?? DO I NEED A LETTER FROM MY EMPLOYER TO GO WITH AOS ??

Doesn't matter if it's full time or not. If you make the $ 18,212 specified on the I-864P (I assume it's just you and your spouse) - then it shouldn't be a problem.

No you don't necessarily need a letter, that is optional. If you think it will help to prove your income, then include one.

4. WHEN I SEND DS 230 ,DO I NEED TO HAVE THE ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF MY SPOUSE AND ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE ?? IT SAYS CERTIFIED COPIES .AN I AM NOT SURE THEY ISSUE CERTIFIED COPIED BACK IN INDIA ?? IF I SEND THOSE ORIGINALS ,DO THEY RETURN IT BACK TO ME ONCE ITS DONE ??

You need to either send the original or a certified copy from whomever issues these documents in your country (government office, police department etc) Check here for specifics about the country involved and what they will accept. Just choose the country from the drop down menu:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_3272.html

Oh and just so you know, it's bad form to use all upper case letters when posting a message :)

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.