BN010809

K1 Visa Chronogical Timeline (vietnam) Please help

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Please can you give me advise on my timeline..

XXXXXXX

47 Reservoir Ave

Revere, MA 02151

U.S. Consulate General

Immigrant Visa Section

4 Le Duan st., Dist 1

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Re: Chronological timeline of our relationship with my fiancé, XXXXXX

DOB: 06/16/1984

HCM2009725121

I, XXXXXX, a citizen of the U.S., I am the fiancée of XXXXXXX. The following is a sworn affidavit document the chronological timeline of our relationship from December 26, 2005 to present.

Dec 22, 2005 – Jan 30, 2006 (Travel to Vietnam # 1)

o Dec 26-27, 2005 – The BEGINNING- It was winter break of my sophomore year in college. I met Huynh, XXXXX (at present my fiancé) at a photocopy shop in Vung Tau, Vietnam, where he worked. The photocopy shop included other services such as editing photos and color printings. I was working on a collection of orchids photograph. Huynh, a technician there, helped me edit my pictures and organized them into a portfolio. This project took about two days and since then we became friends.

o Dec 30, 2005 – FIRST DATE. He took me to Suoi Tien, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.

o Jan 1, 2006 – Our second date was at Long Hai Monkey temple, Vietnam.

o Jan 2-29, 2006 – We saw each other at our convenience for breakfast, coffee, dinner or just browsing the Vung Tau city, Vietnam.

o Jan 30,th 2006- I returned back to the United States for school. Due to both of our daily lives and busy schedules, we sustain a minimal relationship.

Dec 17, 2007 - Jan15, 2008 (Travel to Vietnam # 2)

o Dec 17, 2007 – REUNITED. After graduating from college and wanting to have fun before working, I travelled to Vietnam. As a result, I met up with Huynh again.

o Dec 20, 2007 - We went to a friend’s wedding in Ba Ria, Vietnam

o Christmas’s Eve and New Year’s Eve of 2008 – Celebrated in Ho Chi Minh city.

o Jan 5, 2008 - We went to my cousin’s wedding in Long Phuong, Ba Ria Vietnam.

o Jan 9, 2008 – DECLARATION OF RELATIONSHIP. This trip had brought us closer because we mainly spent our daily times together. Therefore, we official started our relationship. At Window Coffee Shop in Tx Ba Ria, I was looking at a Vietnamese Magazine. Wanting to hold my hand, Huynh politely asked for a magazine that I was holding. Since I couldn’t read Vietnamese, he would read it for me. After handing him the magazine, he held my hand instead of the magazine and would not let it go. It was so hot in Vietnam that I could feel his and mine hands sweating, and still, he would not let me go.

o Jan10, 2009- FIRST “MUAH”. Huynh still very shy. The next day, while we were driving to another coffee shop at Long Dien, Vietnam. I was sitting on the back of his scooter and we were talking. It was very windy and I could not hear him clearly. Therefore, my face was leaned over his left shoulder for better hearing; he turned his head and immediately locked his lips to my cheek, “Muah!”

o Jan 14, 2009 – FIRST LIPS to LIPS. At Tan Son Nhat Airport, Vietnam, we spent our last couple of hours together at the departure side walk looking down at the parking lot. He held me in his arms really tight. It was about thirty minutes to my departure time, I told him I have to go. He was looking at me with his teary eyes and slowly closed his eyes moving his lips closer to mine then he kisses my lips.

o January 15, 2008 - I returned to United States.

Jan 15, 2008-August 30, 2008

o DAYS AND NIGHTS with the PHONE. Missing me too much he spent a lot on his mobile card to call me. Each day we spent at least three to four hours talking to each other. He called every morning to wake me up and at night to wish good night. This is how we keep our long distance relationship strong. To save Huynh money, I signed up for Saving call, and many other prepaid phone card. We also keep our relationship going by yahoo chat, voice chat and web-cam.

August 30, 2008-Sept 14, 2008 (Travel to Vietnam # 3)

o “PETITE”. Missing Huynh, my boyfriend (at that time) so much, I returned to Vietnam. He spotted me before I saw him. He ran from the side to surprise me with a really tight hug that I could barely breathe. The first sentence he said after our long tight hug, “Wow you so petite!” We have our lovely fourteen days together; it was one of the most fun times of my life. We traveled under budget so we decided to stay locally. This trip brought us even closer.

Sept 15, 2008- Nov 28, 2008

o BACK to a MISERABLE LIFE. I was back in the United States. Sadly, he’s still in Vietnam. Missing him so much, I could not concentrate on my life. I want to leave everything that I studied hard for behind so I could return to Vietnam to be with him. I left Boston, Massachusetts on Nov 28, 2008 and landed to Vietnam on Nov 29 at 11:20pm.

Nov 29, 2008 – Feb 5, 2009 (Travel to Vietnam # 4)

o I was struggling with finding a decent job that related to my major of nursing in Vietnam. Therefore, I volunteered in Long Xien Kindergarden. I did not have a scooter’ driver license and Huynh thought it was too dangerous for me to drive. As a result, he was my designated driver. Every weekday morning and afternoon he drove about 20-25 minutes from Ba Ria, where he live to my parents’ retirement house, Long Hai to pick me up. Afterward, we drove to Long Xien Kindergarden about another 30 minutes ride.

o Jan 1, 2009- TWO BECOME ONE. He took me to Imperial Plaza for dinner. He asked for a candle to be lit at our table. Huynh was trying to be romantic but the candle did not work. The light kept flickering off because we were sitting outside close by the sea. Ignoring what was going on with the candle, he turned his attention to me and suggested that we should get engage. “I love you. I want to be with you and I want you to be mine.” He explained and I agreed with him. However, in respect to our parents, we need them to meet each other to talk first.

o Jan 7, 2009- MEET THE PARENTS. My fiancé’s dad (my father in-law) arrived to my house in Long Hai around 9:00am from Gia Lai to talk to my parents about our engagement ceremony. Both parents decided that it was still the year of the Rat (our birth Zodiac Animal), thus, both parents believe it was a bad luck year for us to celebrate. Furthermore, all of my siblings are back in the U.S. and all of his relatives are still in Gia Lai, Vietnam. This decision had arrived upon them and our parents fairly quickly to arrange travel plans. Tet, a Vietnamese New Year, also in 3 weeks, everyone was busy getting ready to celebrate it. Therefore, my fiancé and I decided to postpone our engagement ceremony to be at a more convenient time. Nonetheless, our parents concluded to have our engagement celebration on November 28, 2009. (After the parents agreed, we officially engaged.)

o Jan20, 2009- My fiancé’s sisters visits him at his Lam Son’s photocopy shop, I went to greet them.

o Jan 25, 2009- Dem Dau Thua, he took me to Vung Tau to see the fireworks.

o Jan 26, 2009- Tet, at 2:00am he drove my mom and I to the temple in Ba Ria, Vietnam for blessings.

o Jan 27, 2009 – The first day of Tet, my fiancé came to my grandma’s house in Long Phuoc to meet and greet.

o Jan 30-Feb 3, 2009- K1 VISA. In Vietnam, we researched for ways that we can travel to the United States together. We found that K1 Visa is the fastest methods and it also fit our situation.

o Feb 5, 2009 - Could not find job in Vietnam, I went back to United States for I have a job offer. Furthermore, I need to return to the USA to file for the K-1. If I filed it early by the time we have our ceremony on Nov 28, 2009, my fiancé could accompany me to the United States.

Feb 6, 2009-November 21, 2009

o HOPING FOR the Happy Ever After. During the summer I planned to visit my fiancé; however, if I was taken vacation in the summer, I would not have enough days to request off of work for my engagement. As a result, I postponed my trip and we planned our ceremony over the phone and web-cam. Also, my parents will return to Vietnam 7-8 weeks prior to prepare for it.

o Feb 7, 2009- Back in the United States, I continued working on my I-129F.

o June 24, 2009- We decided on a big engagement ceremony in Vietnam since all of my fiancé’s relatives and friends are in Vietnam. My family’s relatives are also in Vietnam. A small wedding party will be celebrated in the United States after he landed for I only have a couple of friends and colleagues.

o August 29, 2009- Myself and my oldest brother’s family of four bought air tickets flying to Vietnam on November 21, 2009.

o Oct15, 2009-My parents will return to Vietnam to get ready for our ceremony.

o Nov 21, 2009- My brothers and their wives and children will fly to Vietnam with me for my engagement ceremony on November 25, 2009.

UNTIL NOW WE STILL TALK AT LEAST 2 – 3 HOURS 7 DAYS A WEEK.

I, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, a citizen of U.S and currently reside at 47 Reservoir Ave, Revere, MA, 02151., do hereby state that the above is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Name (print) Date

Sign Date

it's going....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I replied to your PM today. I would have replied sooner but just got back to the states a few days ago, so Thuan and I have been unpacking, resting, and adjusting. It looks like you worked very hard on your timeline. I would fix the typos on entry dates: Jan 30th 2006 (remove the comma and th), Jan 10 2009 and Jan 14 2009 (should be 2008 for both). Some of the other dates need to be corrected because of lack of spacing or need to be abbreviated, so there's consistency. Minor things but looks better. It's good that you made plenty of trips to VN; just make sure you write entries for what you did on all trips; for example, trip 3 should be more than a summary. Perhaps you are afraid that your timeline will be too long, but get the information in there first, then you can refine it. Also, some of the entries need a little more detail; mabye a sentence or two more of what you did together. The entry for Jan 30 to Feb 3 2009 I would maybe leave out; saying that you researched the fastest method to get your fiance to the states might arouse suspicion. The entry on meeting the parents is really good; it shows that both families are involved and emphasizes VN custom. One more thing, try to make your timeline flow from one event to the next; don't leave gaps in your timeline. Other questions, I will answer by PM.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I replied to your PM today. I would have replied sooner but just got back to the states a few days ago, so Thuan and I have been unpacking, resting, and adjusting. It looks like you worked very hard on your timeline. I would fix the typos on entry dates: Jan 30th 2006 (remove the comma and th), Jan 10 2009 and Jan 14 2009 (should be 2008 for both). Some of the other dates need to be corrected because of lack of spacing or need to be abbreviated, so there's consistency. Minor things but looks better. It's good that you made plenty of trips to VN; just make sure you write entries for what you did on all trips; for example, trip 3 should be more than a summary. Perhaps you are afraid that your timeline will be too long, but get the information in there first, then you can refine it. Also, some of the entries need a little more detail; mabye a sentence or two more of what you did together. The entry for Jan 30 to Feb 3 2009 I would maybe leave out; saying that you researched the fastest method to get your fiance to the states might arouse suspicion. The entry on meeting the parents is really good; it shows that both families are involved and emphasizes VN custom. One more thing, try to make your timeline flow from one event to the next; don't leave gaps in your timeline. Other questions, I will answer by PM.

I agree it does look good. I would recommend doing spell check and fixing all the errors. I would also try to add more fine detail to some of the entries. I would not add lots of details to all, just to a few of the more important moments. This way it might focus the Co on those dates more so that you and your Fiancee can go over them and he can answer the co easily. But it really does look great. Lots of trips is always a plus.

Good luck!! Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.