kofo

i really really need help about administrative processing after the interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

good day all

i need you guys in something

i just did an interview at the us embassy in Syria for visit visa

after the interview they give me a yallow paper and they said that they will call me back

and there is a mark on this paper on the section (administrative processing is required)

i need to know what that mean

do i get the visa or no ??

what is the chances for taking the visa ??

is it just routine security check or i its still mean that i didn't get it ??

please i really need to know now ...

because i would be the best man in my cousin wedding so if i cant get the visa and i cant go i need to tell him

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Administratrive processing means, that they need to do more background check on you, this can take some thing between 2 weeks up to 2 years or even more, no one ones.

they do it mostly on people from Iran, Syria, Turkey, Iraq, etc

it sucks but that this is the true!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Im sorry to hear that. There's nothing it seems that you can do but wait and keep in constant contact with the embassy, try to call or email every week and ask them what's going on with your case...sorry to hear that. I'm afraid that we will be in your shoes soon enough. :(

Hang in there,

enraptured

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

it doesn't matter if you are good or bad, they just do it on some people. there is no garantee that when you will get your visa. you may get it tomorrow or next week or next month or next year, no one knows and they wont tell you either. just watch your email, phone, mailbox for their letter.

waiting and not knowing is the wrost part of it.

Timeline

by the way, can you describe how your interview went? what did they ask etc?

Timeline:

TBC....

Filed: Timeline

oh my god

oh my god

JUST TODAY some one called me from the us embassy and told me to go to them on Monday with my passport at 9:00 AM

is that mean that they i will get it on Monday ??

and about the interview ... i take contracts for my job with me ... and the man asked me what i will do ... i told him that i will be the best man in my first cousin wedding ... and have invation letter from him with a scan of his passport ...

and he asked me if i want to work in us ... i said no ... coz i am happy with my job

i think if there is something make it more easy it was that i am ship captain and i have seaman passport ...

i think that was the main reason ....

everything was easy about the interview ... just take the needed papers and it will be all great ...

i think this time ... is the best time ever to try to get the visa ....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
oh my god

oh my god

JUST TODAY some one called me from the us embassy and told me to go to them on Monday with my passport at 9:00 AM

is that mean that they i will get it on Monday ??

and about the interview ... i take contracts for my job with me ... and the man asked me what i will do ... i told him that i will be the best man in my first cousin wedding ... and have invation letter from him with a scan of his passport ...

and he asked me if i want to work in us ... i said no ... coz i am happy with my job

i think if there is something make it more easy it was that i am ship captain and i have seaman passport ...

i think that was the main reason ....

everything was easy about the interview ... just take the needed papers and it will be all great ...

i think this time ... is the best time ever to try to get the visa ....

sounds good! Usually when they ask you to bring your passport, its because they want to put the visa in it :thumbs: good luck

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
hops soooooooo :)

to enraptured

if u r from syria ... and if u need anything ... just let me know ur mobile number ... or ur mail ... and i will try to tell u anything u want :)

kofo, my husband is from syria :) i was just there from may to july...actually, i was blown away. it's a beautiful country, great food, nice people, good times...hope to go back again one day...but we are doing the immigrant visa, very different from yours, but i still wanted to ask you what you went through to assess for myself what hubby will endure...Inshallah it will work out.

i'm glad that you got your visa, hope you have a wonderful time at your cousin's wedding!

best wishes,

enraptured

Timeline:

TBC....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.