MouadsWife

Do the Research... and whatever else!

302 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
The bottom line is that there is a "clique" here on VJ. You either belong or you don't.

There is a clique here? :unsure: How come nobody told me? :angry:

you mean it didn't click? :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Haven't you learned that if you deny the existence of a clique, that you've just admitted to being a part of it?

:whistle:

Ohhhhh....yes there is a clique. :whistle: I would hate to be accused of belonging to any specific group.....it's not my style. :thumbs:

The bottom line is that there is a "clique" here on VJ. You either belong or you don't.

you mean it didn't click? :P

I don't click with cliques. :P

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
WELCOME TO VJ!!!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Didn't hit my husband right away either. First week I was like, oh wow I'm in like Flynn. WRONG!!!! Three months later and I'm wondering if I can have a do over. :D About 2.5 years later and he's just now getting it (to a point).

Really there's a clique? I'm thinking more of some ppl just get along more with some than others. Some ppl post asinine threads with asinine comments and get blasted for it. It's not cliqueish.

My husband has been here almost 4 months. I could not be happier. The adjustment phase lasted for a couple of weeks, but the "hassle" was worth it.

The adjustment phase was only the first two weeks? :unsure: I don't know about anyone else, but it didn't hit my husband until he had been here for 6 months. And it certainly took longer than 2 weeks.

My husband has been here almost 4 months. I could not be happier. The adjustment phase lasted for a couple of weeks, but the "hassle" was worth it.

The adjustment phase was only the first two weeks? :unsure: I don't know about anyone else, but it didn't hit my husband until he had been here for 6 months. And it certainly took longer than 2 weeks.

Well my marriage is doomed...our adjustment is taking 15 months so far! :P Sh!t...I want a refund... :yes:

As for the clique, I think it has a lot to do with reaching out to others and getting to know them. It made a difference when I made an effort to reach out. Still doesn't mean I'm best buds with everyone that only happens in movies.

My grandma use to say: No one is going to "toot" your horn for you, you need to do it yourself to be recognized. (No comments from the peanut gallery! :devil: ) In other words, you are responsible for your own actions in life...you either try or you don't. Just my 2 cents.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Man oh man, our adjustment period/phase/a.k.a daily-fvcking-life is still ongoing and it's been almost five years. Sheesh, just wait till you maybe throw a child in there and then you'll really find out what a multi-cultural adjustment phase is like. Furthermore, until you've adjusted status, removed conditions or anything else, the adjustment phase keeps on going because you're still in the phase of "what do I have to prove to USCIS so that my spouse can continue to stay in the country" mode. That's a fun one...that adds quite a bit to the adjustment of it all - or at least it did in my case. :thumbs:

ok I think this thread is a real warning to really get involved with this site..WOW I cant beleve some people have that much free time on their hands to insult one another..seeesh...wow...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I dont think I will ever be eating a puffy taco in my lifetime now due to the MENA threads! I will never look at lampshades the same due to MENA avatars. :devil: My eyes and sense has been de-virginized! :innocent:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

What's the difference between spending free time insulting or being "supportive"? They're both time wasters. Wow I can't believe you have that much free time to come and make this comment. :D

ok I think this thread is a real warning to really get involved with this site..WOW I cant beleve some people have that much free time on their hands to insult one another..seeesh...wow...

I think there is a difference...When your supporting or offering useful information that is not really wasting time..Insulting someone is...Well thats just my opinion and Im not going to drag it out...Im so greatful for the people that did help me on here and their time wasnt wasted by helping me..I guess my journey is finished on here..

PS the ones that contact me by pm I will continue to check up and answer your questions!!! I guess I could waste my time elsewhere..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

This reminds me of the terrible teachers I have had in my lifetime. They enter the classroom forgetting what it was like when they were a student and knew nothing. They teach from their present knowledge and not from the present knowledge of the class, leaving most students behind and very confused. People should remember that those posting questions are not on the same level of knowledge and experience that you may be. Heck, they might not even know that much about how to use the Internet or computers (yes those people still exist!). So screaming "fill in your timeline" does nothing to help the pour lost souls who manage to find their way here in hopes of finding an oasis to fulfill their thirst for knowledge and wisdom. :P

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Nope, I can honestly say that we're smooth sailing right now. Alot of it has to do with the fact that I don't really fight my husband on any issues. The "it's my way or the highway" approach won't work with him. Compromise, as we know it, is something that is not part of his culture either. So I've learned to avoid arguments for things that are not of great importance. Things that really matter, well, we spent alot of time discussing and figuring out what those things were before marriage. This approach works because when something is important enough to me, and he is in disagreement, he remembers all the times I let him have his way and will almost always cave in to my suggestion. What happens in the future is anyone's guess. USCIS may cause us problems, they may not. Not going to worry about it until the time comes. In the mean time, I think I will be appreciating my life a little more, and the fact that I'm happy and we have peace in our home - something that doesn't seem too common place around here :unsure:

Edited by CnT4ever

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I think there is a difference...When your supporting or offering useful information that is not really wasting time..Insulting someone is...Well thats just my opinion and Im not going to drag it out...Im so greatful for the people that did help me on here and their time wasnt wasted by helping me..I guess my journey is finished on here..

PS the ones that contact me by pm I will continue to check up and answer your questions!!! I guess I could waste my time elsewhere..

Does it matter who does the insulting? I took the time to answer that woman's question and reminded her that one post does the trick. I was insulted by the OP. Does that count or is it all dependent upon who does the insulting? Do you know how many people have been helped by many in this thread? A LOT.

Nope, I can honestly say that we're smooth sailing right now. Alot of it has to do with the fact that I don't really fight my husband on any issues. The "it's my way or the highway" approach won't work with him. Compromise, as we know it, is something that is not part of his culture either. So I've learned to avoid arguments for things that are not of great importance. Things that really matter, well, we spent alot of time discussing and figuring out what those things were before marriage. This approach works because when something is important enough to me, and he is in disagreement, he remembers all the times I let him have his way and will almost always cave in to my suggestion. What happens in the future is anyone's guess. USCIS may cause us problems, they may not. Not going to worry about it until the time comes. In the mean time, I think I will be appreciating my life a little more, and the fact that I'm happy and we have peace in our home - something that doesn't seem too common place around here :unsure:

You know we have had a very easy adjustment period but I"d never smush it in people's face like that. As a matter of fact I try not to talk about how happy we are all the time because I feel bad that others are having a bad time of it.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Asking / answering questions via personal PM's in not exactly accepted here on VJ. Guess it's time to waste your time' elsewhere' .

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.