southern belle

Fiance lost his immunization records

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are making sure we have all our ducks in a row and he has all his paperwork even though I have not sent in the I-129 yet.

Well.... he has lost his immunization records. He currently lives in Calgary, but was born in and grew up in Winnipeg. He called Manitoba Immunization Records from a number he found on the internet and was pretty much told "Sorry we destroy records after 27 years". His family doctor he had while growing up has since retired and he can't even remember her name. He checked his high school transcripts and nothing is on there resembling a shot record. (My transcripts and my birth certificate have my shot records) I can't believe there is no record anywhere that shows he had immunizations.

I heard he could have blood Titers drawn and a certified letter from a doctor saying he has the antibody immunity to what he had vaccines for and would only have to take the Hep-B and Hep-A shots.

Yesterday he calls up Alberta Health to see about getting titers and the shots and was told "Sorry you're not from Alberta we can't do ANYTHING for you" But he's lived in Alberta for 5 years!

He does not have a regular physician, so he doesn't know who to call for help with this. Even if he has to take all the vaccines over again, Alberta Health refuses to do it period.

Any ideas? lol besides making a copy of one of his brothers records and changing the name :whistle:

April 2006 met playing Final Fantasy XI online.

September 2006 Met in person for the first time in Hagerstown, MD

July 2007 He traveled to West Virginia

August 2007 I moved from West Virginia to Tennessee

December 2007 I drove 1567 miles from Knoxville, Tennessee to Winnipeg Manitoba Best New Year's EVER!

July 2008 He Traveled to Knoxville

November 2008 Traveled to Knoxville, and West Virginia to spend Thanksgiving with me and my family

May 2008 I traveled to Calgary for his brother's wedding.

August 21st, 2009 He proposed!

August 2009 gathering all the paperwork to be sent for his K-1 Visa

We are making sure we have all our ducks in a row and he has all his paperwork even though I have not sent in the I-129 yet.

Well.... he has lost his immunization records. He currently lives in Calgary, but was born in and grew up in Winnipeg. He called Manitoba Immunization Records from a number he found on the internet and was pretty much told "Sorry we destroy records after 27 years". His family doctor he had while growing up has since retired and he can't even remember her name. He checked his high school transcripts and nothing is on there resembling a shot record. (My transcripts and my birth certificate have my shot records) I can't believe there is no record anywhere that shows he had immunizations.

I heard he could have blood Titers drawn and a certified letter from a doctor saying he has the antibody immunity to what he had vaccines for and would only have to take the Hep-B and Hep-A shots.

Yesterday he calls up Alberta Health to see about getting titers and the shots and was told "Sorry you're not from Alberta we can't do ANYTHING for you" But he's lived in Alberta for 5 years!

He does not have a regular physician, so he doesn't know who to call for help with this. Even if he has to take all the vaccines over again, Alberta Health refuses to do it period.

Any ideas? lol besides making a copy of one of his brothers records and changing the name :whistle:

Maybe someone from Manitoba can give you another link or idea where they got their immunization records from. Barring that, he can get a titre test done, at some kind of clinic in Alberta, try a travel clinic where they do immunizations. It doesn't matter where the person grew up, he can have a titre test done anywhere. Alberta Health wouldn't be able to get any immunization records from Manitoba, so in telling the story to Alberta Health, they may have just misunderstood.

While he can't have his "medical" for the visa at Medisys in Calgary they do provide this service as well as vaccinations that he'll need once he knows what he's lacking. I'm sure there are other locations and other services in Calgary.

Have him call (403) 232-6244 and ask them about it.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You could try calling Public Health in the area that he went to school in, they should have a record of the immunizations required to attend school - that's what I did and they faxed it same day.

Alternatively, he could find a doctor (even a walk in clinic) to do the titre test. And even if he can't get them done right then and there at the clinic, they can certainly advise him on where to get it done.

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My Husband had the titer test in Calgary. Basically he just went to a walk in clinic, told the guy what he needed and 2 weeks later he had the papers in his hand (so do allow 10 days to 2 weeks).

I assume, since he has been in AB for 5 years that he has his AB Health Care card - that is all he will need to get it.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
My Husband had the titer test in Calgary. Basically he just went to a walk in clinic, told the guy what he needed and 2 weeks later he had the papers in his hand (so do allow 10 days to 2 weeks).

I assume, since he has been in AB for 5 years that he has his AB Health Care card - that is all he will need to get it.

Winnipeg schools said that they do not keep immunizations in the permanent school record. He does have an Alberta Health Card and insurance through his employer. The clinic he went to said they do not do Titers, and she could not give him any immunizations with out his records, since he has no records in Alberta they won't help him.

He is going to Medisys in Calgary if he can get off work soon enough to get there, they close at 3:30.

I'll find out more when he gets home and calls me.

December 2007 I drove 1567 miles from Knoxville, Tennessee to Winnipeg Manitoba Best New Year's EVER!

November 2008 Traveled to Knoxville, and West Virginia to spend Thanksgiving with me and my family

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you're going to need the immunization record for the AOS I-693.

You will need a civil surgeon the review the shot records and provide the I-693.

My suggestion is to have it. Probably save you more time, money and effort trying to relocate them.

When my fiancee arrived, the civil surgeon said she still needed more shots in order to pass the AOS and for him to sign the I-693.

Seems just easier to take the shots, there aren't that many anyhow.

Good luck

comicirsaudit.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Winnipeg schools said that they do not keep immunizations in the permanent school record. He does have an Alberta Health Card and insurance through his employer. The clinic he went to said they do not do Titers, and she could not give him any immunizations with out his records, since he has no records in Alberta they won't help him.

He is going to Medisys in Calgary if he can get off work soon enough to get there, they close at 3:30.

I'll find out more when he gets home and calls me.

Yes that's true, they were not willing to give my Husband any immunizations either - they won't just give people shots on a whim, when they are pretty certain they have already had them - and I think that is a good thing.

He actually went to a Medicentre - there are locations all over Calgary.

Oh and my Husband had no records here either - he is from Australia.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline

Holy, youtube. I can't quite see that cartoon in your signature. :blink: Can you make it bigger?

Okay, I wasn't going to respond to this because I sometimes get bored of writing the same thing over and over again but what the heck. LOL. I never had an immunization record, either. I took the list of required immunizations to my GP. He wrote down what I would have had (on his prescription pad) as the recipient of a regular immunization program. He then gave me a couple of booster shots and wrote those down as well. I took that to my medical and they accepted it.

iagree.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Completely OT Southernbelle, but saw your siggy... Dave and I met playing FFXI too :)

Sara

Immigrating the other way around... from US to Canada

March 07 - Met playing Final Fantasy XI, and were friends for a while

Sept 08 - We knew things were going somewhere

Nov 08 - He was home from his mid-tour leave from the USAF for a month, I visited for 5 days in Florida

Nov 08 - A week later, I flew back to Florida for another almost 2 weeks before he had to go back oversea's

Dec 08 - We knew we wanted to marry eachother =)

April 09 - I flew to Utah when he flew in from oversea's and he was seperating from the USAF and drove back with him to FL till July 09

and began his passport application so he can come visit me in Canada too

May 09 - Ooops! Birth Control in April didnt work very well..... Baby Girl on the way =D

July 09 - Had to say our goodbyes , yet again :( Hoping to see eachother again Sept 09

Filed: Timeline

Don't worry too much. When he goes for his medical exam, they will give him any immunizations that he doesn't have a record for (at a cost). I was lucky enough to find my immunization record in my Baby Book that my mom sent, but it didn't have a record of any Polio or Diptheria. They simply gave it to me at MediSys when I went for my immigration exam. It cost me $40. He can get an immunization for Tetnes at no cost at any doctor before he goes. It's one of the shots that they insist on. They will only give him the immunizations for what he needs at his age. I was exempted for a few because of age.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Try contacting these people they can probably help you.

http://www.wrha.mb.ca/contact/index.php

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline

Thanks a bunch for the info and advice.

He was getting no where on the phone, so today he walked into a health clinic. He's getting his blood drawn right now for his titers. They told him once his titer results are back they will give him the shots he needs for immigration!

YAY!

I sent him today the things he needs to fill out and sign for the I-129, once I get his stuff back, I'll be filing!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.