MARM

What are our options?

3 posts in this topic

Currently, my fiance is undergoing Administrative Processing at the US Embassy in London. He interviewed there on May 12, 2009 and as we all know, there is no set time limit for when it will be over. The problem is that my fiance's UK resident permit (he is a student in the UK) will expire on Nov 30, 2009. He does not qualify to extend his stay in the UK as a resident any longer after that based on the fact that he will no longer be a student in the UK. We don't know how long the AP will take, but he cannot extend his stay after Nov 30, 2009 based on his status as a student either. So we were wondering what options we have if his AP is not over by mid-November. He will be leaving the UK back to his home country of Pakistan before his residency expires in the UK (Nov 30, 09), so I am not sure whether we can request for his case to be transferred over to the embassy in Islamabad? Or are we better of canceling the K-1, getting married in Pakistan and going the CR-1/IR-1 route? We just want to be prepared before hand because he cannot stay longer in the UK after Nov 30, 2009, yet his case is under AP at the US Embassy in London since May 12, 2009.

We have notified the US Embassy in London about his residency expiring in Nov 2009, but I don't think they care, we got the standard response: Case is under AP without a set time frame and it cannot be expedited, we will contact you once the AP is over, blah blah blah...

We don't know what options we are looking at... :help:

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have you got ahold of your senator?

My Fiance: GuardianAngel

K-1 Visa Timeline:

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent: July 23, 2009

Check Cashed: July 29, 2009

NOA1: July 28, 2009

NOA2: October 21, 2009

Left NVC: October 28, 2009

Medical Passed: December 15/16, 2009

Interview Passed: January 19th, 2010

Air21 Confirmation: January 25, 2010

Visa received: January 26, 2010

CFO Completed: January 27th, 2010

Flight to US: Febuary 3rd, 2010

MARRIED!: March 20th, 2010

AOS Timeline:

AOS, EAD, AP Filed: April 29, 2010

AOS, EAD, AP NOA1: May 6th, 2010

EAD, AP Biometrics: May 25th, 2010

Have you got ahold of your senator?

Yes, we got a hold of both our senators and congressman, all three have made more than one inquiry each, yet all they get is the same standard response we know: his case is in AP and there is no max/min, he will be notified once it is over.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.