83 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
age was an issue and because you only made one trip...

I only made one trip....

maybe combined with other "issues" the CO saw, but one trip alone does not constitute an issue or red flag.

My fiance has three friends that are here through a k-1, and with all of them, their fiances only visited once...so I don't think that is a big issue, but I do hear that the woman being much older is a huge deal....not sure why though...Good luck guys!!

Edited by tany1157

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Wow that is terrible! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not the CO! There is 20 years difference between my husband and I. Our interview is next week and I will be there with him. They better not in any way try to tell me that they are denying us based on our age difference or because they think one of us is better looking than the other! :angry:

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline

I only made one trip....

maybe combined with other "issues" the CO saw, but one trip alone does not constitute an issue or red flag.

I don't see why it wouldn't be an issue or a flag in itself. I mean I am sorry it happened to you guys but I am just being realistic and honest.

I love my husband with all my heart and I trust him with my life, but there were moments when I had to take a step back and evaluate our choices because I see the man once a year!!!! And mind you, we have been together for 6 years.

So if I had my doubts from time to time being "actively involved in that relationship" and I know the man inside out and he knows me the same, then I don't see how you can be so convinced that a singular meeting between two people before they take the plunge right away, why wouldn't that raise eyebrows for outsiders ( embassy)?

They have every right to be doubtful of that, it is their job to be suspicious and it is your job to prove you genuinely love one another, so in my humble opinion, your comment is a little naive.

Best of luck to all of you guys, I hope you are united with your loved ones soon!

I appreciate your honesty, but I do not totally agree with you. Now I do agree that the person doing the interview has to be very stringent in looking for these frauds, but I do not think that one visit should be a red flag. Many people can not take multiple trips in the year due to work and finances, and I am sure the people at the embassy can understand that. I know 3 people who all had 1 visit with their fiances, and they were all approved. For myself, I was able to have a three week trip in april to visit my fiance and his family, but am unable to book another trip for another year. That should not be held against me. Any doubts I had before I met him were dashed after I met his entire family, and him. Slept in his family's home, and lived everyday with them for three weeks. We both knew for sure that we would wait however long it took to be together. I would move there, but I have a son from my previous marriage, so that is not possible. We are only 4 years apart, so I don't think age will be a problem for us. Either way, I am sorry to hear about your denial, I am worried about the same thing, because even though we sent a lot of evidence, you just never know. Good luck with everything, and make sure your package does NOT leave the embassy....If it does, your journey will lengthen almost 6 months or more....I pray for all of us going through this process, and I am glad to have a place like this to connect!! :thumbs:

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Timeline

I only made one trip....

I don't see why it wouldn't be an issue or a flag in itself. I mean I am sorry it happened to you guys but I am just being realistic and honest.

I love my husband with all my heart and I trust him with my life, but there were moments when I had to take a step back and evaluate our choices because I see the man once a year!!!! And mind you, we have been together for 6 years.

So if I had my doubts from time to time being "actively involved in that relationship" and I know the man inside out and he knows me the same, then I don't see how you can be so convinced that a singular meeting between two people before they take the plunge right away, why wouldn't that raise eyebrows for outsiders ( embassy)?

They have every right to be doubtful of that, it is their job to be suspicious and it is your job to prove you genuinely love one another, so in my humble opinion, your comment is a little naive.

Best of luck to all of you guys, I hope you are united with your loved ones soon!

I appreciate your honesty, but I do not totally agree with you. Now I do agree that the person doing the interview has to be very stringent in looking for these frauds, but I do not think that one visit should be a red flag. Many people can not take multiple trips in the year due to work and finances, and I am sure the people at the embassy can understand that. I know 3 people who all had 1 visit with their fiances, and they were all approved. For myself, I was able to have a three week trip in april to visit my fiance and his family, but am unable to book another trip for another year. That should not be held against me. Any doubts I had before I met him were dashed after I met his entire family, and him. Slept in his family's home, and lived everyday with them for three weeks. We both knew for sure that we would wait however long it took to be together. I would move there, but I have a son from my previous marriage, so that is not possible. We are only 4 years apart, so I don't think age will be a problem for us. Either way, I am sorry to hear about your denial, I am worried about the same thing, because even though we sent a lot of evidence, you just never know. Good luck with everything, and make sure your package does NOT leave the embassy....If it does, your journey will lengthen almost 6 months or more....I pray for all of us going through this process, and I am glad to have a place like this to connect!! :thumbs:

LOL forgot he had a birthday....we are 3 years apart! :whistle:

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm confused, you submitted a picture of you and him where you weren't wearing your false teeth? Why didn't he make a stink about this? That's kind of discriminatory against people with dental problems.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Why did you give those pictures knowing the age difference is so great?

I only made 1 trip. Its all we have together. And no one has ever said anything bad about us before. Only how happy we look and theres no way you could tell the age difference is what everyone says. Its crazy

You do look very happy and in love!!!!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Going to be completely honest with OP, looking at the pic from your profile you do not look your age at all. I am 40 also and you look older than my mom. That DOES NOT give the CO the right to deny based on age though - NOT AT ALL. As others have said, contact Mark Ellis.

uncalled for...

Agreed!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OMG.... my fiance just had his interview in Jordan... things were going fine and suddenly when the CO saw our pics, she decided he was only marrying me for the visa because of our age difference! I am 15 years older, and i was not wearing my false plate in the picture, so he was only marrying me for the visa, according to her. She kept telling him "she has no teeth" He was so upset, he is not even sure if we are denied or what. What can we do? I am soooooo upset. I don't know what to do.

Although I dont have any advice to help you in your situation I do truly feel sorry for you and I hope you get justice......im praying for you!!!

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I only made one trip....

So if I had my doubts from time to time being "actively involved in that relationship" and I know the man inside out and he knows me the same, then I don't see how you can be so convinced that a singular meeting between two people before they take the plunge right away, why wouldn't that raise eyebrows for outsiders ( embassy)? They have every right to be doubtful of that, it is their job to be suspicious and it is your job to prove you genuinely love one another, so in my humble opinion, your comment is a little naive.

I see your point, but nothing "happened" to us.... my point was it WASNT a problem for us and it ISNT a problem for many others. My husband got his visa and they didnt even want proof..just pics together. :)

Only meeting once after a very short courtship combined with a big age gap..ya, i can see that being a big issue to a CO, it would raise my eyebrows too.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Other Timeline

Good people,

I haven't seen the photo, and, frankly, I don't believe it matters much how pretty or how young the OP looks. Try to put yourselves in the shoes of the IO who had the file on his or her desk. A 25 year-old guy from a poor country meets a 40 year-old woman from a rich country . . . ONCE . . . then on the spot proposes to marry her?

If YOU, yes YOU, were a 25 year old guy, go out to a bar, meet a 40 year-old woman you really like (you can't really love someone after a meeting of a few hours), and immediately propose to her . . . don't you think that's a red flag the size of a circus tent? I do.

Let's play devil's advocate once more, and switch genders. An American gentleman travels to Asia and meets this mesmerizing, 20 year younger woman. Would he propose to her, right on the spot? Perhaps he would. But assume the girl says "yes" to him, right then and there, don't you think that an IO reviewing the case would assume the girl's reason for wanting to marry this older guy she has only met once is to get a ticket to the US of A? I do.

Of course, there are cases were true and lasting relationships between couples with huge age differences exist, but viewed through the eyes of an IO, they are the exceptions. And, of course there is such a thing as love at first sight, but viewed through the eyes of an IO, they are exceptions as well. Now combine age difference, plus having met only once, and you have a case as rare as a lottery win. I can't really blame the IO for his/her decision, even if it's not "fair" and hurts the OP.

My advise to the OP: show that you have a real relationship, by keeping it alive for a year or two, meeting a few times, sending each other "love letters" and so on. Do what couples who are in love and want to marry usually do. People usually don't marry someone they met only once without having a heck of a reason to do so.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Now combine age difference, plus having met only once, and you have a case as rare as a lottery win.

This is really the rule more than the exception in certain countries. And cases with these characteristics make it through the interview all the time.

Not disagreeing with the gist of your post, just pointing out that I think IO's must go by more than just age difference and number of times meeting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I finally got home from work!

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive. I have more information now.

Moh did get the 221g stating our relationship is a sham solely for a visa. And it is being sent to uscis for reconsideration. I am in shock!

WHAT DOWE NOW???

Does this woman realize how much time we have spent together? That during the winter, before I started a second job, there were days when we spent 14 hours together? We know each other. We love each other. Its hard to make a trip over there when I am working 2 jobs to save enough money to start a new life togther here. And he works 6 days a week trying to save too. We are not rich. We cannot just fly off to see each other every other weekend, but we talk every day and we text every hour almost. And I am sure she would be surprised by how many nights we have even slept with the computer headsets on just to feel close to each other (even with the crazy time difference). We have only been together a year, but we know this is real... very real. And we want to be together for the rest of our lives. And it isn't fair that one person should be able to stop that.

Should I head back to Jordan the end of this month to visit?

HELP!

Get in touch with Marc Ellis. He is the bet when it comes to this kind of thing. Call him asap.

marcellislaw@gmail.com He has a offie in New Orleans and Houston, best damn immigration attorney around!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super great guy, easy to talk to.

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I finally got home from work!

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive. I have more information now.

Moh did get the 221g stating our relationship is a sham solely for a visa. And it is being sent to uscis for reconsideration. I am in shock!

WHAT DOWE NOW???

Does this woman realize how much time we have spent together? That during the winter, before I started a second job, there were days when we spent 14 hours together? We know each other. We love each other. Its hard to make a trip over there when I am working 2 jobs to save enough money to start a new life togther here. And he works 6 days a week trying to save too. We are not rich. We cannot just fly off to see each other every other weekend, but we talk every day and we text every hour almost. And I am sure she would be surprised by how many nights we have even slept with the computer headsets on just to feel close to each other (even with the crazy time difference). We have only been together a year, but we know this is real... very real. And we want to be together for the rest of our lives. And it isn't fair that one person should be able to stop that.

Should I head back to Jordan the end of this month to visit?

HELP!

Ally,

I think you should take a trip just to see him, regardless of the "benefits" it might have on your case. Im sorry to say, but it might be a long time before you see eachother again and if you can...GO

(F)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear that. But I'd like to see the pic... it's hard to believe that they'd base their decision on a picture. How many pics did you send? Did she comment on only one pic, or did she comment on all of them?

I agree, hard to believe because so many people here say that pics are only secondary evidence and not important. So how come a pic suddenly can become so important if it is only secondary evidence. Did you tell the CO that?

Best wishes to you, and hope you can stop them before they return your packet. Call Mark Ellis like previously recommended.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.