driver

How much extra documents to send?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey no one ever mentions this. But, baggage claim stickers with your name on it is good evidence as well. My stickers were attached on the envelope of my boarding passes. It even says the destination and the date.

Timeline
So I started to print out all the email I've sent to my fiancee and all of hers... I have already burned through an entire ream of paper - and I'm only about 75% done...

Do I really need to send all of these papers in? What is a good amount?

Also, for pictures, do they just need 1 or 2 from each "event" I reference in the "how you met, what circumstances" section (Part B #18 of I-129F)?

Hi Driver!

Honey believe me, u must to send all you can, don't even think about what are u sending is enough, I got a denial cuz qe didn't sen evidence (of course we got a denial for our huge mistake) but I have some other friends here who sent some evidence like pictures, the letters, etc... and they got a denial too or a RFE ...

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just telling you that send everything that be necesary to prove you 2 have been together, that your relationship is strong enough to USCIS give you the NOA1 and NOA2, you going to save a lot of time with this and headachache, stomachache, frustration, tears...a lot of people here know what I'm talking about...

I wish you the best of the lucks, that your journey be fast, you must be patient, if you feel you are loosing your mind or you get down, just come here, trust me VJ friends or family as I like to call them are the most supportive people and best friends... they are in the same or have been on this...

God bless you in this highway my dear Driver!

Linda :star:

Denials are usually rare, but RFE's are fairly common. From what I have seen the most people that have gotten denials are ones who just submitted the application without any of the primary evidence that Gary, Jim, and Stephen have mentioned, or in some cases they did not meet in person at all. This of course means you don't have the primary evidence for your petition. Letters and emails just proof ongoing relationship and at this stage they don't care about that. Just don't want the OP to be discouraged that is all.

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline
So I started to print out all the email I've sent to my fiancee and all of hers... I have already burned through an entire ream of paper - and I'm only about 75% done...

Do I really need to send all of these papers in? What is a good amount?

Also, for pictures, do they just need 1 or 2 from each "event" I reference in the "how you met, what circumstances" section (Part B #18 of I-129F)?

Hi Driver!

Honey believe me, u must to send all you can, don't even think about what are u sending is enough, I got a denial cuz qe didn't sen evidence (of course we got a denial for our huge mistake) but I have some other friends here who sent some evidence like pictures, the letters, etc... and they got a denial too or a RFE ...

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just telling you that send everything that be necesary to prove you 2 have been together, that your relationship is strong enough to USCIS give you the NOA1 and NOA2, you going to save a lot of time with this and headachache, stomachache, frustration, tears...a lot of people here know what I'm talking about...

I wish you the best of the lucks, that your journey be fast, you must be patient, if you feel you are loosing your mind or you get down, just come here, trust me VJ friends or family as I like to call them are the most supportive people and best friends... they are in the same or have been on this...

God bless you in this highway my dear Driver!

Linda :star:

Denials are usually rare, but RFE's are fairly common. From what I have seen the most people that have gotten denials are ones who just submitted the application without any of the primary evidence that Gary, Jim, and Stephen have mentioned, or in some cases they did not meet in person at all. This of course means you don't have the primary evidence for your petition that proves you have met in person. Letters and emails are just proof of ongoing relationship and at this stage they don't care about that. Just don't want the OP to be discouraged that is all.

Just don't overwhelm them with paper. Six photos printed on one sheet of paper is enough. Boarding passes, passport stamps. hotel receipts, etc. of the times you met, a month's phone bill, and a half-dozen recent e-mails...enough already!

I totally agree! If you look like you are trying too hard, you might even look suspicious! :blink:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Ever heard of "the kitchen sink"? Include that too! Our I-129F package was 109 pages.

Entirely appropriate for your case, as you're going to be dealing with the Guangzhou consulate. By reputation, Seoul is far more laid back (though Elisha tells me there's some talk on the Korean-language visa forums about a bitter lady consular officer who's been known to grill people).

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Just don't overwhelm them with paper. Six photos printed on one sheet of paper is enough. Boarding passes, passport stamps. hotel receipts, etc. of the times you met, a month's phone bill, and a half-dozen recent e-mails...enough already!

I totally agree! If you look like you are trying too hard, you might even look suspicious! :blink:

It all depends on the consulate you'll be dealing with. The kitchen sink is not necessarily at all for USCIS, but it may well make or break you at the consulate.

Moral of the story: When deciding how much relationship evidence to include in the initial I-129F submission, read up on your consulate and prepare accordingly.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
It all depends on the consulate you'll be dealing with. The kitchen sink is not necessarily at all for USCIS, but it may well make or break you at the consulate. Moral of the story: When deciding how much relationship evidence to include in the initial I-129F submission, read up on your consulate and prepare accordingly.
Stephen is very wise. Also, people should bear in mind that even at "easy" consulates, the Department of State can transfer in new Section Chiefs and consular personnel who have entirely different ideas about what is "approvable." These changes in personnel can happen at any time and without warning. If a visa interview will be conducted in any third-world country, the risk of tough consular standards is higher. Accordingly, err on the side of caution by enclosing MORE than what YOU think your consulate "requires." Do not EVER treat a consular interview casually, or you could find yourself hosed!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Let me tell you what I sent and you make your own conclusions:

1) Copy of my boarding pass to her country when I visited

2) Copies of the air ticket for a trip we made together

3) Copy of hotel voucher for such a trip

4) TWO photos together during that trip

5) Copies of telephone calls to her number

However, I took the time an effort to put a note on each copy clearly explaining what it was. One of those thing was not in English, so I had to explain.

With that, my application was approved within five months of submission. To the consulate she is going to show all that and a newer version of the telephone call details. No emails, just a two-page letter I wrote for the consulate and my financial information. If you want, I will tell you the results next month after her interview at the consulate.

Yea, I'd like to hear how your interview goes. From what I read about Korea - they pretty much say hi and send you on your way. But I'm sure I'd be the one person to get jacked.

According to most people here, my fiancee's application lacked evidence (total package, including all forms - 325G five pages each - had only 30 pages), but she just got out of the interview very happy. Now comes the difficult part. This part has no guide :rofl:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hey no one ever mentions this. But, baggage claim stickers with your name on it is good evidence as well. My stickers were attached on the envelope of my boarding passes. It even says the destination and the date.

Ah, good to see I'm not the only person who's noticed this!! :thumbs: I think it's good evidence that most people don't think of. It backs up the boarding pass

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I have been wondering about this myself... I have a list of the 500+ phone calls we have made to each other, and I also have over 700 pages of chatlog. I debating bringing the entire chat log (with some redaction) to the interview just to remove all doubt. But that seems like over kill and may be interpreted as trying to hard.

My problem is that my fiancee and I are not picture people. In the year we have been together there are probably less than 10 pictures of us together. We also don't email each other that often. However, we talk every single day using skype chat and voice.

So overkill in one to make up for a lack in another?

No

As stated many times above and about 30 times daily.... SKYPE, emails, letters, phone calls are NOT evidence you met in person. They are of NO VALUE for the petition. NONE. Overkill of valueless information will not make up for lack of needed information.

What you need for the petition is proof of meeting in person within the last two years. THAT IS ALL. 10 photos is more than enough provided you have travel documentation to support those photos. I sent ONE phot and my petition was approved in 58 days and no RFEs. The rest of the information can be presented to the state department at the interview as proof of legitimate relationship. USCIS DOES NOT CARE if you have a legitimate relationship because they are not issuing a visa. They ONLY carew that the petitioner meest the requirements to petition a visa application for his fiance.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
It all depends on the consulate you'll be dealing with. The kitchen sink is not necessarily at all for USCIS, but it may well make or break you at the consulate. Moral of the story: When deciding how much relationship evidence to include in the initial I-129F submission, read up on your consulate and prepare accordingly.
Stephen is very wise. Also, people should bear in mind that even at "easy" consulates, the Department of State can transfer in new Section Chiefs and consular personnel who have entirely different ideas about what is "approvable." These changes in personnel can happen at any time and without warning. If a visa interview will be conducted in any third-world country, the risk of tough consular standards is higher. Accordingly, err on the side of caution by enclosing MORE than what YOU think your consulate "requires." Do not EVER treat a consular interview casually, or you could find yourself hosed!

TboneTX, this is a common response from you and ignores a major fact. You could have sent a truckload of information and your case would have been denied because you chose not to go to the interview and the consulate you used has a de facto requirement for that (though they don't tell you that) Not saying it is your fault at all...but it would not have mattered WHAT you included in the petition filing. You were destined to be denied because you did not go to the interview

Also, for many people they do not have a lot of proof of ongoing relationship when they file the petition, a lot of that comes after and what comes after petition is filed is generally more relevent. They do not have to have enough evidence of relationship to satisfy a difficult consulate before they file a petition

Also, we cannot all worry and lose sleep over who may get transferred where and when as it is not something in our control and I will take my chances. The OP can do what they will, and I never discourage people from sending over and above the required amount...what do I care how long they satnd at a copy machine for or how much they pay in postage? I WILL point out, as above, that NO amount of facetious paper hurled in the direction of USCIS will make up for a lack of needed documentation, and they do not care if someone is a "photo person" or not. You best BECOME a "photo person" at least for the next two years. The OP can follow your advice as a person that had a lot of difficulty or they can follow the advice of someone who had "no questions asked" visa AND AoS interviews for K-1 and K-2 visas. It is their choice.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
TboneTX, this is a common response from you and ignores a major fact. You could have sent a truckload of information and your case would have been denied because you chose not to go to the interview and the consulate you used has a de facto requirement for that (though they don't tell you that) Not saying it is your fault at all...but it would not have mattered WHAT you included in the petition filing. You were destined to be denied because you did not go to the interview
And, extra information up front may have turned the tide. Neither of us will ever know that.
Also, for many people they do not have a lot of proof of ongoing relationship when they file the petition, a lot of that comes after and what comes after petition is filed is generally more relevent.
Granted.
They do not have to have enough evidence of relationship to satisfy a difficult consulate before they file a petition
You cannot say this with authority.
Also, we cannot all worry and lose sleep over who may get transferred where and when as it is not something in our control
The (shudder! gasp!) several immigration attorneys (three of whom had consular experience themselves) whom I consulted after the fact said never to take chances, and in fact front-loading can NEVER hurt. We can prepare for the unthinkable as best we can, remote though the "worst-case scenario" might be.
and I will take my chances.
Fine, but please quit offering cavalier advice when people who may buy what you're saying might end up suffering greatly and having to apply "disaster control." It is always prudent to anticipate and prepare for the worst conceivable scenario.
I WILL point out, as above, that NO amount of facetious paper hurled in the direction of USCIS will make up for a lack of needed documentation, and they do not care if someone is a "photo person" or not.
And here is the point that many people miss. USCIS does not care about "evidence of relationship," but the consulates do. Read and chew on post #19 in this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...15&start=15

It is not written by me, Gary, and it still recommends being prudent, so perhaps you will not be as automatically dismissive when I advise considering the big, long-term picture.

The OP can follow your advice as a person that had a lot of difficulty or they can follow the advice of someone who had "no questions asked" visa AND AoS interviews for K-1 and K-2 visas. It is their choice.
If "an ounce of prevention" is indeed "worth a pound of cure," would the OP (and others with the same question) be happier later thanking the person who advised caution, or cursing the one who advocated throwing caution to the wind?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.