elishav

Paranoid Question (Maybe)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

I read the guide and the document checklist and I still wonder; do you have to send in a fingerprinting form with the citizenship application like you do the other applications? They still haven't cashed my check yet and I am trying to figure out if I did anything wrong to make them send it back.

November 8, 2004-Submitted AOS application

December 10, 2004-Application returned

December 31, 2004-Resubmitted application

February 28, 2005-Notice of Reciept

March 28, 2005-Appointment to pick up EAD

April 16, 2005-Fingerprinting

April 27, 2005-Interview in Sacramento-A Success!!

August 20, 2009 Mailed application for citizenship to Phoenix

August 25, 2009 Recd package in Phoenix

August 28, 2009 Date of NOA

September 1, 2009 Check Cashed

September 22, 2009 Appointment for fingerprinting

October 9, 2009 NOA of Interview

November 23, 2009 Interview date-A success

December 16, 2009-Oath at 8:30AM Merry Christmas!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
I read the guide and the document checklist and I still wonder; do you have to send in a fingerprinting form with the citizenship application like you do the other applications? They still haven't cashed my check yet and I am trying to figure out if I did anything wrong to make them send it back.

I'm not sure I got it right. Did they send your application back? or you're just worried because check wasn't cashed? There's no FP form to be sent in with the application. You will receive a FP notice approximately 1 month after you receive the initial NOA (notice of action). They can just just be very slow in cashing the check, mine took more than 2 weeks after they had received the application. I checked your timeline, you'll be fine, give it another week!!!!

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 TIMELINE / NYC District Office

03/10/09--------SENT

03/16/09--------NOA priority date

03/24/09--------NOA DATE

04/01/09--------FP notice date

04/14/09--------FP DATE

06/01/09--------IL notice date

07/23/09--------IL DATE -----APPROVED

08/04/09--------Oath --------US CITIZEN

08/04/09--------Applied for passport

08/14/09--------Received passport

Timeline

I'm not sure I got it right. Did they send your application back? or you're just worried because check wasn't cashed? There's no FP form to be sent in with the application. You will receive a FP notice approximately 1 month after you receive the initial NOA (notice of action). They can just just be very slow in cashing the check, mine took more than 2 weeks after they had received the application. I checked your timeline, you'll be fine, give it another week!!!!

LOL Thank you! I knew I was being paranoid. I just wanted to make sure that I sent in all I needed to. Both my applications in the past were sent back for some reason and I tried to be so careful, but the other times there was a special biometrics form you had to send in with the application and though I read through everything, I still felt like I was missing something. OK I will be patient. Thanks again!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Would be nice if we could send in our fingerprints, would have saved yet another 450 mile trip, or least let our local police department do it and have them send it to the USCIS. They also have one of those new fangled digital fingerprint scanners, and could e-mail it to them saving 43 cents for a postage stamp. But the USCIS must be paranoid, as they want to do it themselves, not only once, but three times. But they can't be too paranoid, they seem to trust the FBI to check them out.

And it's just fingerprints this time, no photos, that you have to provide for yourself, two of them with your application, but while you are there, hit them for a copy of that civics test booklet and CD and anything you can find. I couldn't find anything else, but wondered what they did with that portrait of GWB, that would be nice to have.

Timeline
Would be nice if we could send in our fingerprints, would have saved yet another 450 mile trip, or least let our local police department do it and have them send it to the USCIS. They also have one of those new fangled digital fingerprint scanners, and could e-mail it to them saving 43 cents for a postage stamp. But the USCIS must be paranoid, as they want to do it themselves, not only once, but three times. But they can't be too paranoid, they seem to trust the FBI to check them out.

And it's just fingerprints this time, no photos, that you have to provide for yourself, two of them with your application, but while you are there, hit them for a copy of that civics test booklet and CD and anything you can find. I couldn't find anything else, but wondered what they did with that portrait of GWB, that would be nice to have.

I guess they assume we are up to no good unless we prove otherwise with our money and out time. Ugh! I will ask out office what they did with the GWB pic. My guess is, sell it on EBAY!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

It's my understanding that they allowed you to send in a fingerprint card many years ago. Obviously, there were problems with this so they changed it :star: . I don't see why we have to provide photographs, why don't they just take photos at the biometrics appointment? :angry: .

The above is not legal advice.

It is either from research or merely my opinion.

smiley-6061.png

vjsig.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I see your application reached Phoenix on the 25th same day as mine did. My check was cashed on the 28th so looked for it to be cashed very soon.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Timeline
I see your application reached Phoenix on the 25th same day as mine did. My check was cashed on the 28th so looked for it to be cashed very soon.

I think I may have nothing to distract me today (I should be doing homework but whatever) because I am so anxious on this. After I read your posting, now I am sure I did something wrong because my check is not cashed. This is what this process does to me. It makes me nuts. I think every time we have had to file paperwork, I have lost years off my life from stress. Even though I double checked everything, the only thing I can think of is that I wrote out the check to department of homeland instead of homeland security. I wrote too big and did not bring another check with me to Fex Ex Kinkos. I know this sounds insane....I think I will go read a book or do some homework. LOL! But thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't worry about your cheque yet - it is early days:-). Mine took 10 days to be cashed. Sometimes they are slow and sometimes they are fast.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

You did nothing wrong and sent the same paperwork as I did. You check is filled in correctly. Mine was cashed very quickly, yours can't be far behind.

I sent my packet direct to the office by UPS and not to the Lockbox by USPS so that might have speeded it up a bit.

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-28 NOA

Timeline
You did nothing wrong and sent the same paperwork as I did. You check is filled in correctly. Mine was cashed very quickly, yours can't be far behind.

I sent my packet direct to the office by UPS and not to the Lockbox by USPS so that might have speeded it up a bit.

They cashed my check today. I am officially embarrassed......and overjoyed! :blush:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Don't be embarrassed! :star: You'll probably be on pins and needles until you are sworn in as a citizen and this is how it is for all of us :blush: . I wish you the best!!

The above is not legal advice.

It is either from research or merely my opinion.

smiley-6061.png

vjsig.jpg

Timeline
They cashed my check today. I am officially embarrassed......and overjoyed! :blush:

Don't worry about it. You are in the US the citizenship process will finish when it finishes doesn't really matter if it takes 4 months or 10 isn't going to effect your day to day life is it. :thumbs:

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-28 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.