rockhouse

Question about my Transcript of Records...

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I'm RH's fiancee, I'm gonna be flyin to Texas soon if i pass the interview this 2nd of September (this is giving me weird feelings in my guts these days..hehe).. If i do pass, I plan on bringing my Transcripts with me, and I'm wondering if there are stuffs i need to do with it (TOR).. like maybe have it stamped by somebody to be credible. I really don't have any idea.. I dont want to bring my TOR to America then later find out its useless, because i didn't have this done and that.. Any advice or information would be appreciated. Thanks :)

29ngqhd.jpg

Timeline

Sorry everybody. Evidently someone with horrible English grammar hacked into my account and made this thread. Probably a little kid that barely knows English and never had any school...

LOL, just giving my girl a hard time. She had first time thread posting fright! Luv u baby!

29ngqhd.jpg

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I brought ALL my credentials too just in case my employers would like to see it.

And it will be less hassle for my family in PI to send my credentials to me so that's why I brought it with me.

But I think it's not really necessary. After all, they would still send you to an agency to have your credentials evaluated to see if it matches the US curriculum.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. :D

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

Timeline
I brought ALL my credentials too just in case my employers would like to see it.

And it will be less hassle for my family in PI to send my credentials to me so that's why I brought it with me.

But I think it's not really necessary. After all, they would still send you to an agency to have your credentials evaluated to see if it matches the US curriculum.

What's not necessary? My transcripts?? or having it internationalized??.. What does 'having it internationalized' mean anyway..hehe.. I'm sorry, I'm a lil confused. :help:

29ngqhd.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

as far as I know , you can have it authenticated at DEP-ED ; you need to bring school records , be it may secondary or collegiate for employment or whatever purpose it may deem necessary .

Edited by forestrose

Timeline

What's not necessary? My transcripts?? or having it internationalized??.. What does 'having it internationalized' mean anyway..hehe.. I'm sorry, I'm a lil confused. :help:

Bring your transcripts but that's all (several copies). The employer will have your transcripts evaluated by an agency here in the US for equivalency. Dont have it internationalized or have that red ribbon from Dep Ed, Malacanang or what have you. Ive worked in the US for 4 years and those red ribbons wont help you.

Forgiveness is not saying what someone did to us is right. It is saying, "I'll let God straighten this out"..

Good luck and God bless to both of you on the interview :) must be so exciting already ^_^ finally, after the long wait, right? heheh well I'm happy for both of you ^_^

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

excuse me, but the purpose of the "red ribbon " is for authenticity as the word implies ; it means that your credentials are authentic , it did not come from C.M. Recto , as you can get it easily for a fee , if you know what I mean?

it would mean more work to be done but then , it is better to be sure .

and oh btw, there are agencies that will really do the credentials evaluation for you. try googlign some; i had mine by CGFNS.. and they do the evaluation for nursing graduates, I also read at one time there were other agencies who did that for other courses.. hopefully you find a good one ^_^

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

That's good. If you have an extra time to take an assessment test in an eligible training center that is recognized by TESDA on the course you have finished in College , it will be a plus. I have attended a Culinary school after finishing the course, I took the National Competency Test and thank God I passed. That training Center from where I underwent my assessment test for Culinary knowledge, forwarded my result to TESDA Main and they released me a NATIONAL CERTIFICATE II. This certificate is huge one since if you have plan on working in the states, you can show the certificate to your employer. It shows that you are a skilled worker and is recognized. :D

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Timeline
excuse me, but the purpose of the "red ribbon " is for authenticity as the word implies ; it means that your credentials are authentic , it did not come from C.M. Recto , as you can get it easily for a fee , if you know what I mean?

Nope, that wont really help. As I have said just bring your original transcripts and the accredited agency will evaluate it for you, sometimes they will send a form to your university and have it filled out and the university will send it back to the agency. As I have told you, I have been through this so I can tell you the red ribbons wont help you at all. even at the USEM when I have my BC authenticated with that red ribbon, they said it is NOT necessary.

Forgiveness is not saying what someone did to us is right. It is saying, "I'll let God straighten this out"..

Hi I'm RH's fiancee, I'm gonna be flyin to Texas soon if i pass the interview this 2nd of September (this is giving me weird feelings in my guts these days..hehe).. If i do pass, I plan on bringing my Transcripts with me, and I'm wondering if there are stuffs i need to do with it (TOR).. like maybe have it stamped by somebody to be credible. I really don't have any idea.. I dont want to bring my TOR to America then later find out its useless, because i didn't have this done and that.. Any advice or information would be appreciated. Thanks :)

well, yes u bring ur tor... but i think its more good if u will have a red ribbon..... i did it already 3yrs. ago.. so glad don't have problems with my school docs.

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Timeline

well, yes u bring ur tor... but i think its more good if u will have a red ribbon..... i did it already 3yrs. ago.. so glad don't have problems with my school docs.

DId you get a chance to work in the US and have your credentials evaluated? I have worked in the US as a teacher for 4 years and they told us it is not necessary to have it with red ribbons. It is up to you but this is based on my own experience and that's what they told me in the US embassy too. Im just trying to help but it seems a lot of people here would still want to have that red ribbon. Maybe when you get to the US you would agree that it is NOT necessary.

Nope, that wont really help. As I have said just bring your original transcripts and the accredited agency will evaluate it for you, sometimes they will send a form to your university and have it filled out and the university will send it back to the agency. As I have told you, I have been through this so I can tell you the red ribbons wont help you at all. even at the USEM when I have my BC authenticated with that red ribbon, they said it is NOT necessary.

yes the BC we are submitting to US embassy think dont need a red ribbon.. but need to be printed in a NSO Security paper and i think they have a scanner for identifying if the the docu. is real or fake.... pls. correct me if i am wrong... thank's....

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.