Gone4good

Yardie is currently unemployed- Is this ok??

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He worked for a while and just got layed off his job the end of July... Is this looked down upon at the embassy when it comes time for his interview?? He is worried that if he can't get another job (Y'all know it's not that easy in JA), they will not approve his visa... I, myself didn't think it mattered..

Anyone know the answer? ...thanks.. My fiance worries so much it worries me!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

my man has no job with an 'official paycheck'

he watches his cousins houses while his cousin lives a farrin- ie: he collects rent, yardwork, dog care etc

and it had NO NEGATIVE impact on our petition

i just put 'unemployed' on the forms wherever necessary

good luck!

:star:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No, it doesn't. Just be honest.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
He worked for a while and just got layed off his job the end of July... Is this looked down upon at the embassy when it comes time for his interview?? He is worried that if he can't get another job (Y'all know it's not that easy in JA), they will not approve his visa... I, myself didn't think it mattered..

they don't care..ur the one they care about being able to afford to have him here in the US

I don't think it effects the approval at all. You (the petitioner) will need to show income though.

exactly

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

they don't care..ur the one they care about being able to afford to have him here in the US

I don't think it effects the approval at all. You (the petitioner) will need to show income though.

exactly

Thank you All!! He is currently looking for a job- Besides, it passes the time! But now I think he will be more at ease! Good luck to all and God Bless always!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ur welsome Spanglas...BTW wey yuh from Spanglas...

I'm done with my process but can't leave VJ :) good luck to u as well

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ha.....Kimmy. I can't leave either. What is wrong with us??????

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
ur welsome Spanglas...BTW wey yuh from Spanglas...

I'm done with my process but can't leave VJ :) good luck to u as well

Hello, sorry i was away for a couple of days... Some lady drove her car right into my brother's little take-out sandwich shop, and then a few days later my best friend and her boyfriend's apartment caught on fire... it's been a hell of a week...

I am originally from Italy- been in Rhode Island since i was 3... my state is so small, everyone forgets about us enoh! I'm glad you're all here though- nobody would ever understand this whole process except for you all... I am blessed. i probably won't leave VJ either! lol I love it here.

BTW, I am leaving for JA (my fiance is in Duncans Trelawny) on the 11th of Sept. for about 3 weeks.. Was wondering... Anyone else gonna be in JA around that time..? ...just curious. Be Well and Happiness always sistas (F)

Timeline
Bwoy Spanglas i can relate to ur tragedy..sorry to hear

No worries baby doll... everyone is ok, praise God, it's just stuff that needs to be replaced, you know what i mean? Thanks for the concern.. so sweet.. i'm loving VJ more and more every day! Praise God for all of you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.