viknkam

Fiance Received K1 Visa....

57 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Chill out! He's leaving his family, friends, job and home. They might not be up to your high standards, but that is all he knows. Grow up - running around like a chicken with it's head cut off is not gonna make get there any quicker. If it were me I would not be coming at all.

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
You are still at a point when you can move on. Just because he has his visa does not mean you have to go through with marriage.

You also have 90 days in the US to decide whether you want to marry him. Once you do marry, you have to accept his behavior on a permanent basis pretty much. Your getting mad is not going to change much. You both have to talk it out on the issues. Tell him that his getting into debt upsets you, see what he says.

I agree with this answer completely. You do have 90 days. In 90 days alot of information about a person can be obtained when you live together.

I think the requirement should be changed to 180 days as 90 is not really long enough for a test of living together..Then deciding to Marry. But it has been this way for a very long time now. It really should be changed to more than 90 days.............But....This is just my personal opinion..........

that ninety days is not to see if u want to marry the person u are suppose to have already decided before going the k1 route that this it the person that u want to spend the rest of ur life with.

some of us are waiting years to get the ability to marry the person we have decided we want to live with forever....

if people start using the system to just see if they want to marry the person sure makes it hard on the rest of us that are already sure of what we want and have to wait so long while people that are just testing the waters fly thru the process.

just my own opinion

sara

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

He wants 2 weeks, it's not 2 years.

K-1 TIMELINE:

05-11-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: called the Military Help Line and requested for expedite

06-04-2009: NOA2

06-14-2009: NVC letter received in the mail

07-02-2009: Packet 4 received

08-27-2009: Interview - Visa approved!

09-03-2009: visa in hands.

09-20-2009: POE - Miami

09-21-2009: we got married!

AOS TIMELINE:

05-12-2010: NOA1

06-08-2010: Case transferred to CSC

06-21-2010: Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I understand the OP. If he promised you that as soon as he gets his visa he will be there with you and then tells you that you are going to have to wait 2wks is a bunch of #######. He wants to max his credit there in the UK then skip the country without paying his debt is horrible. It might come back to bite him in the rump. Best wishes with your future husband.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
You are still at a point when you can move on. Just because he has his visa does not mean you have to go through with marriage.

You also have 90 days in the US to decide whether you want to marry him. Once you do marry, you have to accept his behavior on a permanent basis pretty much. Your getting mad is not going to change much. You both have to talk it out on the issues. Tell him that his getting into debt upsets you, see what he says.

I agree with this answer completely. You do have 90 days. In 90 days alot of information about a person can be obtained when you live together.

I think the requirement should be changed to 180 days as 90 is not really long enough for a test of living together..Then deciding to Marry. But it has been this way for a very long time now. It really should be changed to more than 90 days.............But....This is just my personal opinion..........

Um...it is not a "maybe fiancee visa". It is not a "shack up visa" It is a fiancee visa. This means you intend to marry within 90 days and have already made that decision. I don't understand. People say it takes too long to get the visa then want more time to "decide"??????????? :wacko: Personally I wouldn't have a problem if they shortened the requirement to 10 days and made you deposit the AOS fee UP FRONT.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Um...it is not a "maybe fiancee visa". It is not a "shack up visa" It is a fiancee visa. This means you intend to marry within 90 days and have already made that decision. I don't understand. People say it takes too long to get the visa then want more time to "decide"??????????? :wacko: Personally I wouldn't have a problem if they shortened the requirement to 10 days and made you deposit the AOS fee UP FRONT.

:thumbs:

sara

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
typical lame indian, I know them :dance:

Please explain...

Are you saying you are intending to marry a foreign man and are not familiar with his customs and traditions and character traits? This thread gets more disturbing all the time. You are surprised than man you will marry is capable of intentional credit fraud? You knew this right? You are surprised he doesn't keep a promise to you? You knew this about him? One would expect less suprises in a relationship just weeks away from marriage. Be careful

(though I think it is reasonable to wait to leave for two weeks or even more, my wife waited more than a month, this was always clear and up front with us, it was part of our plan. No surprises and she notified her company she was leaving the minute she had her visa in hand, just as promised, and she completed her prior committments with her company, just as promised...she keeps promises)

Having transistioned from a long distance relationship, I can honestly say that the number one quality of such a relationship has to be TRUST. Absolute, unconditional trust. That means ALWAYS doing what you promise the other, from making a phone call committment, a promised visit, anything. There has to be absolute trust.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I agree also. Corina and I already discussed this kind of issue a long time ago and we agreed in that we will take about a month after the visa (God help us here) so that we can have all things ready for her to move here. Is normal I think. Moving from one side of the world to another is no easy feat. But TRUST has to be always there.

PEACE...............

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have always told my so... "be there is % minutes", or "I'd be on the next plane"... etc etc... But I know if I was traveling there to live forever with him, I would be making my mental and written list of "EVERYTHING I COULD POSSIBLY NEED AND MORE". Have you ever gone on a trip and wished you would have brought something, or 'hey maybe this will be handy", or "dang! I'll definitely need this!!!" Hes coming and not going back! He thinking of all the things he may need. And in thinking of all this, and getting all these things in a row this is how he's handling the situation which may be to him 'as calmly as he can'. You plan for sooo many month being together, wanting to be together, worrying if they'll say a big fat NO to your visa,... thenone day, you get the YES! When you get that yes, then you start thinking "wow I cant believe it actually happened!!!" And then you go into plan/survival mode.

I have read alot of comments saying 'maybe he's shopping for you, and maybe he's buying gift for your family," etc etc... Dont get stars in your eyes expecting great and wonderful things and when he comes here, he has nothing to present you. In other words, dont set your self up for a big downfall. The big present that you'll get is him coming into your arms and thats present enough. Do dont kill the poor guy if he doesnt bring you anything.

Be thankful that you have something that many ppl are waiting for, dont have, or have not been able to gotten. You got the gold mine in your hands, and you have in soon! Think of it as winning the lottery but having to wait to get the check... "after uscis take out all theyre taxes of course..!!" :jest: Jk!

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

:thumbs:

sara

I completely agree with Sara and Gary. It is VERY annoying to wait in line for the visa with people who barely know each other, and have yet to figure out if they actually really want to get married. This is not what this visa is for. Unfortunately, it seems to be used that way rather often.

And while I think the OP should just calm down regarding the two weeks he's taking, I think she should be seriously alarmed by his plans of 'maxing out' his credit lines. I would NEVER marry someone who does something like that. Trust, as Gary said, is essential in a relationship, and how can you trust someone who doesn't see anything wrong with theft?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.