Teacher Mark

Vietnam to Open Consulate General in Houston

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

A Vietnamese mission, led by Le Dung, former spokesman of the Foreign Ministry, has arrived in Houston city of Texas state, the US, to prepare for the opening of another Vietnamese general consulate in the country.

Dung, who has been appointed as the head of the Vietnamese General Consulate in Houston city, met with the US Department of State representative in Houston, Betty Mc Cutchan, shortly after his arrival to ask for the representative’s coordination in the preparations.

Dung said the Vietnamese General Consulate in Houston is likely to be inaugurated no later than September.

The new general consulate in Houston, Vietnam second after another in San Francisco in California, will mark a new step forward in Vietnam-US relations. It is expected to boost the economic, trade, investment, cultural and education relations between Vietnamese and US partners.

The opening of a general consulate in the biggest city of Texas, home to many Vietnamese-American people, will also create a direct link between the overseas Vietnamese community in the US with the homeland, as well as provide more favourable conditions for dealing with issues related to overseas Vietnamese in Texas and the US

http://www.isria.com/pages/24_August_2009_107.php

Timeline
Lucky us.

I had you in mind when I posted it.

How's the road? Am I missing anything? A fellow teacher of mine met the road last night. Evidently someone cut him off and he did a face plant. He got off easy though, no teeth or major areas of skin missing. Just a place the size of a quarter.

Lucky us.

How's the road? Am I missing anything? A fellow teacher of mine met the road last night. Evidently someone cut him off and he did a face plant. He got off easy though, no teeth or major areas of skin missing. Just a place the size of a quarter.

Will be another protests soon in Houston, TX. Thanks God, there isn't any Vietnamese consulate in OC, california.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Filed: Timeline

On Little Saigon radio 1520AM today, they talked to Congressman Al Green about this issue. A whole bunch of people (the same old folks who are unemployed, on SSI and Gold Card (a type of free gov't hand-out health care)) called in and voiced their protest against this consulate plan.

Some people just have too much free time on their hands. They (the Southerners) lost the war in 1975 and still refused to accept the truth. And that same gov't (the US) turned against their back the second time when they shook hands with the VC in 1997 when the 2 countries normalized relations.

Sigh, some day someone will wake up and realize the reality.

Just remember, life over there in VN is NOT real! Your money will be worth a LOT less once you get back over here. Back to reality, cowboy!

Timeline
Lucky us.

Still off the road. That 3 week leave of absence has turned into over 4 months. I plan on start looking at companies soon and heading back out in about 4-6 weeks. Been nice spending much time with my babe. She just got her green card last week and she am teaching her all about being a good Texan. She can "yeehaw" with the best of us now.

Hope Saigon is treating you good. I have a friend I introduced to my wifes friend coming back to get engaged on the 4th. He loved it the last time there and I told him he was nuts.

On Little Saigon radio 1520AM today, they talked to Congressman Al Green about this issue. A whole bunch of people (the same old folks who are unemployed, on SSI and Gold Card (a type of free gov't hand-out health care)) called in and voiced their protest against this consulate plan.

Some people just have too much free time on their hands. They (the Southerners) lost the war in 1975 and still refused to accept the truth. And that same gov't (the US) turned against their back the second time when they shook hands with the VC in 1997 when the 2 countries normalized relations.

I actually have no probs with them opening a consulate anywhere let alone here where I live.

Timeline

This place is a trip, that's for sure. I had a deranged lunatic come up to me today while I was buying a soda. I wish I could have got a video of this guy, but I didn't want to provoke him. He was wearing an Osama Bin Laden t shirt, was filthy and had a gash on his shoulder that had to have been done with a wire. It looked like someone tried to garrote him, but just got the shoulder. Anyway, I was on my bike and he started babbling something in Vn. Finally I pointed to his shirt and told him I didn't like it. That's when a couple of the locals decided to usher him off. I'd like to know what he was saying, but I'm probably better off not.

Your buddy has Vietnam fever. I've seen it grab a few guys (including myself) since I've been here.

Timeline
This place is a trip, that's for sure. I had a deranged lunatic come up to me today while I was buying a soda. I wish I could have got a video of this guy, but I didn't want to provoke him. He was wearing an Osama Bin Laden t shirt, was filthy and had a gash on his shoulder that had to have been done with a wire. It looked like someone tried to garrote him, but just got the shoulder. Anyway, I was on my bike and he started babbling something in Vn. Finally I pointed to his shirt and told him I didn't like it. That's when a couple of the locals decided to usher him off. I'd like to know what he was saying, but I'm probably better off not.

Your buddy has Vietnam fever. I've seen it grab a few guys (including myself) since I've been here.

Yes it was a trip there and I loved it anyway. Yeah my friend really likes my wifes friend a lot and has registered here on VJ and I told him I will help him do his paperwork. I was worried about him going there the last time as he had never been out of the country before and it is a hell of a way to start by going to Vietnam but he loved it and his new babe protected him I heard pretty well and took care of him.

I remember seeing a couple of babbling loners while there myself.

Dau Que, your comments are really hateful, disrespectful, arrogant and I must add, full of ignorance. The Vietnamese Goverment has their valid reasons to open a consulate here in Houston and in return, some Vietnamese in Houston have their own rights to protest. I am not going to take any side and I am not going to engage into any politic debates. I am just saddened to see a fellow Viet brother like you could make such a heartless statement. Everyone, including you and I, lives for our "ideals" (Ly' Tu*o*?ng in Vietnamese if you will) ... The same with these old folks. They were young once like you and I and they have fought a useless war for 20 plus years, then being imprisoned under the most harsh conditions you can imagine in the so call "Re-Education Camps" for another decade. When they got out? Most are old, sick and become outcast to this society. What do they have left? Nothing. Family shattered. Wife moved on and remarried. Sons and daughters are now strangers. So, they have to cling on to their "glorious" pasts, and live with their "ideals" to ease the pain of life they have endured ... Their "pasts" and "ideals" might not as liberal and fresh like yours but you must respects them. They lost the war twice, like you said, one in 75 and one in 97, because the US turned their backs on them. Now, they have to loose again for people like you, their own blood and flesh ... You give them no sympathy or understanding. That's gotta hurt.

Have you at least ever stop, collect your thoughts and think about how you and I ever end up in the US? Either by boats, ODP or HO ... And if there was not a Vietnam War in the first place that resulted in a mass Vietnamese immigration since 1954, you and I are probably still in Vietnam, doing manual labor work trying to make end meets. We would be too preocupie woth the thoughts of how tomorrow turn out, we would never have time to sit around mocking the our own people like you just did.

Also, not everyone who protests are unemployed, wellfare receipients like you have generalized. In Houston, I know some of them are sucessfull business owners, laywers, doctors, engineers and even younger people like you and I. Don't speak too soon, my friend, you never know one day, you will end up on a welfare office and being laughed on by your own people. Then, maybe then, you will finally understand ...

Peace ...

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Glad you're having a good time in Vietnam. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.