AlanYen

SHOULD I TURN IN TIMELINE A COUPLE DAY BEFORE MY WIFE INTERVIEW

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Not sure if this is a good Idea or not.... I was wonder should I turn our time line to the CO at HCM a couple day before the actual interview. :blush::P

Have her slip it in with the rest of the stuff when she goes for the interview... and the word is, to be nice if the dont take it at first.... have he explain that everyone is being required to submit it so here it is...

Technically I guess one could drop off the paperwork at anytime before the interview at the specified time and days... I dont know how a CO would react to that...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As long as you have the case number it is worth a try. Make sure that you keep a copy in case it doesn't make it to the file.

Also, give enough time for review. I would not assume that your document would be instantly added to the file and reviewed. If possible a week or two before would be wiser.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
As long as you have the case number it is worth a try. Make sure that you keep a copy in case it doesn't make it to the file.

Also, give enough time for review. I would not assume that your document would be instantly added to the file and reviewed. If possible a week or two before would be wiser.

Thats the worry that I had, handing it in and them not getting it to the file... as soon as they get PKT 3 they should have the case #... one has to wonder if they would look at the material dropped off before the interview.. before the interview... or if they would actually accept it or say no bring it back.... I can see the person asking WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? but a simple response of, so the CO has time to look everything over before the interview. It could be a good strategy if they accept it, but if too many people do it, they would likely put an end to it... the next question is.. just the timeline or everything from pkt 4 before the interview?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Thats the worry that I had, handing it in and them not getting it to the file... as soon as they get PKT 3 they should have the case #... one has to wonder if they would look at the material dropped off before the interview.. before the interview... or if they would actually accept it or say no bring it back.... I can see the person asking WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? but a simple response of, so the CO has time to look everything over before the interview. It could be a good strategy if they accept it, but if too many people do it, they would likely put an end to it... the next question is.. just the timeline or everything from pkt 4 before the interview?

Thanks for the input you all... I was thinking of everything including the timeline...

This might not be so good to proactive in away.... I guess just best to go through the motion.... Did any one use a certain method to organize the paper work for the interview... Of course what ever they request for the interviews goes that order.... What about the prove paper works should it be in some kind of logic order....

;)

Timeline

I think that it is definitely worth the effort if a timeline has not been submitted. That seems to be a sticking point lately. And the list of family members in the US.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
Thanks for the input you all... I was thinking of everything including the timeline...

This might not be so good to proactive in away.... I guess just best to go through the motion.... Did any one use a certain method to organize the paper work for the interview... Of course what ever they request for the interviews goes that order.... What about the prove paper works should it be in some kind of logic order....

;)

Go to asia discussions and read Bee712 post from last week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

;)

Per packet 4 instructions: 1. Appointment letter to present to the guard and staff once inside

2. Visa photo (4)

3. Duplicate receipt of MRV fee issued by Citibank

4. DS-156 in duplicate, DS-156k single copy, DS-230 part 1 single copy

5. Identification card (copy and original)

6. Household Registration book (copy and original)

7. Applicant's birth cert (copy and original)

8. Petitioner's birth cert (copy and original)

9. Marital status documents (marriage cert for K3 applicants, divorce decree,death cert, if applicable--copy and original)

10. Signed quit claim for all minor children (original certified)

11. Original Justice record check

12. Original foreign police certificate

13. Court and prison records if any (copy and original)

14. Military records if any (copy and original)

15. Medical exam results

16. Passport valid for at least 8 months past date of issuance (copy and original)

17. Evidence of support (I 134, tax documents, bank statement,etc.)(I had original and copy)

18. Evidence of relationship (email, chat, pics, etc.)

Place everything in order from items 1-17 (one stack original and one stack copies) to hand to the Vietnamese staff when she is called. We also put our timeline underneath the original stack. Evidence of relationship you will prepare separately and keep to provide to the CO for the actual interview. We organized our evidence by category of evidence and in chronological order. One stack email, one stack chat, one stack trip receipts labeled first trip and second trip (plane tickets, boarding passes, etc.), one stack call records and so on. We placed each stack in a large clear plastic envelope with a button that she can buy in Vietnam. Label each envelope, so she knows which one is which to quickly pull out for the CO. For the chat, we printed about 10 or 12 pages from each month with webcam screen capture for each day on top; labeled each month and placed in order. Don't need to bring 15 lbs of chat because CO won't have time to read it; just be killing trees. Hope this helps. Any questions let me know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

;)

Per packet 4 instructions: 1. Appointment letter to present to the guard and staff once inside

2. Visa photo (4)

3. Duplicate receipt of MRV fee issued by Citibank

4. DS-156 in duplicate, DS-156k single copy, DS-230 part 1 single copy

5. Identification card (copy and original)

6. Household Registration book (copy and original)

7. Applicant's birth cert (copy and original)

8. Petitioner's birth cert (copy and original)

9. Marital status documents (marriage cert for K3 applicants, divorce decree,death cert, if applicable--copy and original)

10. Signed quit claim for all minor children (original certified)

11. Original Justice record check

12. Original foreign police certificate

13. Court and prison records if any (copy and original)

14. Military records if any (copy and original)

15. Medical exam results

16. Passport valid for at least 8 months past date of issuance (copy and original)

17. Evidence of support (I 134, tax documents, bank statement,etc.)(I had original and copy)

18. Evidence of relationship (email, chat, pics, etc.)

Place everything in order from items 1-17 (one stack original and one stack copies) to hand to the Vietnamese staff when she is called. We also put our timeline underneath the original stack. Evidence of relationship you will prepare separately and keep to provide to the CO for the actual interview. We organized our evidence by category of evidence and in chronological order. One stack email, one stack chat, one stack trip receipts labeled first trip and second trip (plane tickets, boarding passes, etc.), one stack call records and so on. We placed each stack in a large clear plastic envelope with a button that she can buy in Vietnam. Label each envelope, so she knows which one is which to quickly pull out for the CO. For the chat, we printed about 10 or 12 pages from each month with webcam screen capture for each day on top; labeled each month and placed in order. Don't need to bring 15 lbs of chat because CO won't have time to read it; just be killing trees. Hope this helps. Any questions let me know.

Sorry AlanYen. This info is for K1 visa; I just realized that your filing status is different, so the documents will be different. I hope it still gives you some ideas on organizing evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.