scotlyn

police clearance from other country does it necessary?

7 posts in this topic

hello evryone,

im a newbie in this site i decide to join her in hoping that someon will help me and give a tips of some documnts needed.. my main concern is that i been working on overseas before in malaysia since 2001-2003 do the USCIS will ask me to get a police clearance ? its been 6 years now since i went there? does anyone had a idea? they not yet ask me on that but i just want to be prepared .. and if the former employer doesnt want to give a employement certificate does it mean the malaysian embassy will not release or give the police clearance? and last question does anyone knows what is the phone number of malaysian embassy in manila philippines?

by the way mine is CR-1

thank you for takiong time to read my question.

scotlyn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Youn will definitely need a police clearance if you have been there 6 months or longer, they don't care how long ago it was.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello evryone,

im a newbie in this site i decide to join her in hoping that someon will help me and give a tips of some documnts needed.. my main concern is that i been working on overseas before in malaysia since 2001-2003 do the USCIS will ask me to get a police clearance ? its been 6 years now since i went there? does anyone had a idea? they not yet ask me on that but i just want to be prepared .. and if the former employer doesnt want to give a employement certificate does it mean the malaysian embassy will not release or give the police clearance? and last question does anyone knows what is the phone number of malaysian embassy in manila philippines?

by the way mine is CR-1

thank you for takiong time to read my question.

scotlyn

Hi,I had the same concern before so I sent an email to US embassy Manila to clarify. This is the reply:

A K nonimmigrant visa applicant is required to present a police certificate, if available, from any place or places of residence for at least six months since attaining the age of 16. There is no waiver of this requirement.

If the country u had lived before issues police clearance then yes,you have to get a police clearance from

there.

Edited by honey bear

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Has life been good?Let God hear your Thank you!

Has it been bad? Let Him hear your "I trust in you"

Has it been unfair? Sshhh...just have FAITH in Him."

AOS Timeline:

05/24/11 - Sent AOS package

06/04/11 - Received 3 Notices and Biometrics Appointment

06/17/11 - Walk-in Biometrics(for June 23rd)

06/23/11 - Transferred to CSC

07/20/11 - EAD card production;AP approved

07/28/11 - Received combo card EAD/AP in the mail

10/18/11 - Green card/document production

10/24/11 - Green Card in hand! to God be the glory!

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

07/17/2013 - Sent I-751 package

07/22/2013 - NOA1

08/09/2013 - Walk-in biometrics (for August 23rd)

10/31/2013 - Card production

11/07/2013 - Green card in hand! to God be the glory!

Yes, you need one. Here is the link on how to get it.

hi everyone ,

thank you for the quick reply i really apreciate it now my main concen that its stated in that link that need a intrudction letter from former employer what if they dont give ? does any one had a idea how to had a alternative because its been 6 years then its way too far from where i am now... does anyone had any idea?

thanks for taking time to answer my post..

god bless all

scotlyn

Filed: Timeline
Yes, you need one. Here is the link on how to get it.

hi everyone ,

thank you for the quick reply i really apreciate it now my main concen that its stated in that link that need a intrudction letter from former employer what if they dont give ? does any one had a idea how to had a alternative because its been 6 years then its way too far from where i am now... does anyone had any idea?

thanks for taking time to answer my post..

god bless all

scotlyn

I do not believe there are alternatives. Contact your former employer and ask for the letter.

Unfortunately, YES, you have to get a police clearance from Malaysia.

If you are looking for the contact numbers, visit this website.

http://www.kln.gov.my/perwakilan/manila

05102007121106.JPG

Welcome To The Official Website of

Embassy of Malaysia, Manila

Address :10th - 11th Floor

The World Center Building

No. 330, Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue

Makati City 1200

Republic of Philippines

Telephone :(632) 864 0761 To 68

Fax :(632) 8640727 (Ambassador)

(632) 8640724 (Admin)

Email : malmanila@kln.gov.myGMT :+8 hours (No time difference with Malaysia)Work day :Monday to Friday

8.00 am - 4.00 pmHoliday :Saturday & Sunday

Address :10th - 11th Floor

The World Center Building

No. 330, Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue

Makati City 1200

Republic of Philippines

Telephone :(632) 864 0761 To 68

Fax :(632) 8640727 (Ambassador)

(632) 8640724 (Admin)

Email : malmanila@kln.gov.myGMT :+8 hours (No time difference with Malaysia)Work day :Monday to Friday

8.00 am - 4.00 pmHoliday :Saturday & Sunday

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.