Bebe

ASKING FOR EVIDENCE

6 posts in this topic

HELLO ...I SENT MY PAPERS OUT ON JULY 13TH . I GOT A NOTICE ASKING ME TO TAKE MY FINGERPRINTS DATED 5TH OF AUGUST. HOWEVER ON 13TH AUGUST I GOT AN EMAIL FROM USCIS TELLING ME THAT ON THE 4TH OF AUGUST THEY HAD SENT A LETTER FOR EVIDENCE OR ADITIONAL INFORMATION. I CALLED INMIGRATION AND ONE OF THE OPERATOR TOLD ME THAT IT COULD BE THE LETTER FOR FINGERPRINTS BUT I SAID I DIDN'T THINK THAT IT WAS THE SAME LETTER. ANYWAY I CALLED THEM AGAIN TWO DAYS AGO AND ANOTHER OPERATOR TOLD ME THAT LETTER IS ABOUT AN ADITIONAL INFORMATION IT WAS NO RELATED WITH MY FINGERPRINTS WITH THE SAME DATE OF NOTICE.

I NEVER GOT THAT LETTER FOR ADITIONAL INFORMATION SO THEY GAVE ME A REFERENCE NUMBER FOR MY THIS REQUEST AND SENT IT OUT TO THE OFFICER FROM MY CITY . I NEVER CHECKED THAT THERE WAS A CHECK LIST FOR N400 I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FORM AND I REALESED AFTER READING IT I MISSED COPY OF MY TAX RETURNS, MY HUSBAND'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND OUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE.

I HOPE THEY SEND THIS LETTER AGAIN OTHERWISE MY CASE WILL BE SUSPENDED IF I DON'T SEND IT OUT THEY GAVE ME UNTIL SEPT 18 TO SEND IT OUT. I ASKED HER IF I COULD MAKE AN APPOITMENT IN MY INMIGRATION OFFICE AND BRING MY PAPERS IN PERSON AND THEY ASKED ME TO SEND IT BY MAIL.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
HELLO ...I SENT MY PAPERS OUT ON JULY 13TH . I GOT A NOTICE ASKING ME TO TAKE MY FINGERPRINTS DATED 5TH OF AUGUST. HOWEVER ON 13TH AUGUST I GOT AN EMAIL FROM USCIS TELLING ME THAT ON THE 4TH OF AUGUST THEY HAD SENT A LETTER FOR EVIDENCE OR ADITIONAL INFORMATION. I CALLED INMIGRATION AND ONE OF THE OPERATOR TOLD ME THAT IT COULD BE THE LETTER FOR FINGERPRINTS BUT I SAID I DIDN'T THINK THAT IT WAS THE SAME LETTER. ANYWAY I CALLED THEM AGAIN TWO DAYS AGO AND ANOTHER OPERATOR TOLD ME THAT LETTER IS ABOUT AN ADITIONAL INFORMATION IT WAS NO RELATED WITH MY FINGERPRINTS WITH THE SAME DATE OF NOTICE.

I NEVER GOT THAT LETTER FOR ADITIONAL INFORMATION SO THEY GAVE ME A REFERENCE NUMBER FOR MY THIS REQUEST AND SENT IT OUT TO THE OFFICER FROM MY CITY . I NEVER CHECKED THAT THERE WAS A CHECK LIST FOR N400 I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FORM AND I REALESED AFTER READING IT I MISSED COPY OF MY TAX RETURNS, MY HUSBAND'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND OUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE.

I HOPE THEY SEND THIS LETTER AGAIN OTHERWISE MY CASE WILL BE SUSPENDED IF I DON'T SEND IT OUT THEY GAVE ME UNTIL SEPT 18 TO SEND IT OUT. I ASKED HER IF I COULD MAKE AN APPOITMENT IN MY INMIGRATION OFFICE AND BRING MY PAPERS IN PERSON AND THEY ASKED ME TO SEND IT BY MAIL.

Please avoid to type all in capitals:

"In electronics communications, it is often considered very poor to type in all capitals, because it can be harder to read and because it is seen as tantamount to shouting. Indeed, this is the oft-used name for the practice."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_letters

Now about your post:

Don't worry, try to make an Infopass ASAP and if you know where is your case then try to send all the documents with a letter explaining that you forgot to send all those documents with the first package plus the NOA1 of the N-400. Add in that letter your Alien # in the top of the page. Thats the way to send more evidence to a case without having your RFE letter. Also print the email from USCIS with the RFE and add that to the new package.

I don't think that they will send a RFE letter again so you need to act promptly.

But you should be fine.

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

When you get into the USCIS form site you see this:

"Please note: A Guide to Naturalization (Form M-476) provides important information about citizenship eligibility requirements and processing procedures. The Form N-400 application instructions often refer to information in the Guide. Therefore you should read the Guide carefully before filing this form. You may view and print the Guide from the Related Link on this page."

You can almost see the face of the guy at the service center, here is another application where the sender did not follow the instructions, stacks your application in a separate file and has to send you a letter to tell you so, can bet this tends to tee them off. Then when you make the corrections, they have to find your file and make those additional changes, you are making even more work for them.

Certainly, this is not the first time you dealt with the USCIS, especially in the final stage, what were you thinking? Many of us have broken our backs in an attempt to please the USCIS and make their job as easy as possible. But even at that, some jerk there will misplace your application. But at least, they can't claim it was because you didn't follow ALL the instructions.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

"Please note: A Guide to Naturalization (Form M-476) provides important information about citizenship eligibility requirements and processing procedures. The Form N-400 application instructions often refer to information in the Guide. Therefore you should read the Guide carefully before filing this form. You may view and print the Guide from the Related Link on this page."

You can almost see the face of the guy at the service center, here is another application where the sender did not follow the instructions, stacks your application in a separate file and has to send you a letter to tell you so, can bet this tends to tee them off. Then when you make the corrections, they have to find your file and make those additional changes, you are making even more work for them.

Certainly, this is not the first time you dealt with the USCIS, especially in the final stage, what were you thinking? Many of us have broken our backs in an attempt to please the USCIS and make their job as easy as possible. But even at that, some jerk there will misplace your application. But at least, they can't claim it was because you didn't follow ALL the instructions.

And how is this all helpful to the OP?? If you have nothing to offer except to point out that the OP made a mistake then better to not post.

To the OP, make an infopass appointment and take the missing info with you. Explain to the officer that you got a email but have never received the letter telling you what the RFE was about. The officer will be able to check exactly what is needed and give you the information needed to send the evidence to the correct person.

You need to act quickly on this as you are only given a very limited timeframe to respond.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

And how is this all helpful to the OP?? If you have nothing to offer except to point out that the OP made a mistake then better to not post.

To the OP, make an infopass appointment and take the missing info with you. Explain to the officer that you got a email but have never received the letter telling you what the RFE was about. The officer will be able to check exactly what is needed and give you the information needed to send the evidence to the correct person.

You need to act quickly on this as you are only given a very limited timeframe to respond.

May not help the OP, but would help others. If lack of evidence or an improperly filled out N-400 is preventing the USCIS service center from sending your application to the field office where your interview appointment is made, you have to rectify that. But the final showdown is at your interview where lack of evidence will further delay your application, so you still have to read and follow all the instructions, no getting around that.

Hello! I called USCIS last morning and i was transfered to an officer so he told me that my case was in National Benefit Center no in my inmigration office and it might take 30 days to get the letter that i never got , but if they told me that i have until 18th September to send the papers out so if the letter takes more than 30 days or 30 days how i can send all the papers out on time.

I am very upsted because this is the first time that it happens to me i am so carefull with my inmigration or comunications staff. Anyway I already have my package with all the things that now i can see that i didn't send out the way i won't waste time in gathering them.

thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.