MouadsWife

Not able to look up info on USCIS... STILL!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:crying: Its been 3 months today that I sent off my k1 petitions. I got my first NOA in the mail with a receipt number given on it. For 3 months I have been trying to log onto uscis.gov and enter my receipt number and each time I get a message stating "ERRORRRRRRRR" you are trying to enter a number that does not exist..." etc etc etc, blah blah blah... At what point with this number that they gave me work? Will it be when I am approved in "hopefully" 3 months or less? I have called them 3 times on this, and each time they say they will forward to the appropriate person and handle it and each time it still does not work when I try back in 24-48 hours. I wont be happy until I exist in theyre system. But anyhooo.... anyone know??? What is the average time to be able to look up information on uscis???? :wacko:

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

why not try just calling them and verifying the status via telephone?

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

:crying: Its been 3 months today that I sent off my k1 petitions. I got my first NOA in the mail with a receipt number given on it. For 3 months I have been trying to log onto uscis.gov and enter my receipt number and each time I get a message stating "ERRORRRRRRRR" you are trying to enter a number that does not exist..." etc etc etc, blah blah blah... At what point with this number that they gave me work? Will it be when I am approved in "hopefully" 3 months or less? I have called them 3 times on this, and each time they say they will forward to the appropriate person and handle it and each time it still does not work when I try back in 24-48 hours. I wont be happy until I exist in theyre system. But anyhooo.... anyone know??? What is the average time to be able to look up information on uscis???? :wacko:

HI - I mailed our K1 on July 28, 2009, I got our case number from the cashed check (viewable online) and input it into the USCIS system on July 30th and I was able to see our case without problems.

Obviously there is something not right with the number you are using or maybe USCIS has miskeyed something in their system.

I'm sure you have checked 100000 times, but are you sure you have the correct number from the check?

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

The CRIS system is unreliable (as you can see) - it doesn't mean your petition isn't being processed. As long as you know they have your petition (which the NOA1 indicates), you can try to relax - there isn't much to see online anyway - the amount of time is a somewhat 'known' thing - so you know it take about X-amount of months. (There's no real reason to drive yourself insane calling repeatedly.. it's hard enough to keep sane in this process.)

If it shows up online one day, you can be pleasantly surprised.. try to relax in the mean time...

Timeline

HI - I mailed our K1 on July 28, 2009, I got our case number from the cashed check (viewable online) and input it into the USCIS system on July 30th and I was able to see our case without problems.

Obviously there is something not right with the number you are using or maybe USCIS has miskeyed something in their system.

I'm sure you have checked 100000 times, but are you sure you have the correct number from the check?

I have verified the number with uscis all three times, so the number is correct. It is such a pain calling them... my friend does not seem to get thesame kind of questions I do when I call but I always seem to get them each time.... I call, just to ask (1) question, and after I ask the question believe it or not this is what I get.... "mm so I see you are NOT calling about (something stupid)., and I see you are NOT calling about (something else stupid)", and the quetsions go on and on about what I am not calling about. Until I interrupt them and say hey, "can you just answer my question that I AM calling about?... And you will not have to read off this list of questions ur supposed to ask me of what Im NOT calling about." :whistle: Its completely ridiculous!

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline

This is the message I get when trying to check my case status..... :-|

Validation Error(s)

You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

Customer Portfolio Insert Failed

Attempting to add a case that does not exist. Check the app receipt number.

To add cases to your portfolio, please enter the application receipt number.

Timeline

I emailed the uscis this past saturday about the issue, and Tuesday I received a response and NOW I am happy to say that I can see my case in the system. I feel a tad more relaxed now!! YIpppppppeeee! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.