AFQuaid

Medical Questionaire - Hospitalizions

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am a bit confused about one of the questions on the London Medical Questionaire that came with Pk3 months ago. My medical is on August 9th.

It says "Have you ever been hospitalised?" I said yes so it says at the bottom to give additional details.

So my dad interfering as he does constantly with any paperwork had me write just when I've been hospitalised for 3 surgeries. But I have been hospitalised other times such as for tests and minor illnesses. IMHO I would of listed them if he wasn't over my shoulder at the time dictating to me. I do not want to appear dishonest with the medical people as my medical case is complex by missing out other times I have been in hospital. But my father is in the mindset to just put the "major" things and don't mention the tests which lead to diagnosises etc. I think I'm going to rewrite the whole added sheet of paper while he's at work because he is REALLY stressing me out and getting in my face a bit too much. Bless him he's trying to help but it's like he's taking over completely. He even wrote my list of medications on the overside of the questionaire which I've had to cross out the dose because he's put them all WRONG. He apparently wrote it off an old prescription paper. He didn't even have to write the dose, it just says to list the meds. Plus he did it without telling me.

As you see currently having massive control issues with this visa and dad. Dad has never delt with my care, knows my routine, meds or keeps track of when I was last in hospital.

Do you think it's important to list EVERY hospitalisation including tests (that lead to diagnosises) and minor illnesses ASWELL as surgeries? Or is it ME thats going overboard? I just don't want them to find out something I have not mentioned.

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I would only list major things. That's what we did. I guess They want to make sure you don't have a mental illness or a major disease of somesort

05/25/05 Mailed I-129F to TSC

06/08/05 CSC Recv's I-129F per USCIS website (Day14)

06/13/05 Recvd' NOA1 from CSC (Day19)

06/22/05 Petition Approved, NOA2 by email! (Day28)

06/25/05 Peter posts Police Cert Request (Day 31)

06/27/05 Recv'd NOA2 snail mail (Day 33)

06/30/05 NVC Recv'd Petition from CSC (Day 36)

07/06/05 NVC Forwards petition to London (Day 42)

07/09/05 Snail mail from NVC stating they recv'd petition/being forwarded to London (Day 45)

07/15/05 Peter recv's Police Report (Day 51)

07/18/05 Peter recv's packet 3 and schedules medical (Day 54)

07/25/05 Mail Packet 3!!! (Day 61)

08/04/05 Medical in Endinburgh (Day 71)

08/06/05 Received Packet 4 (Day 73)

08/10/05 Received medical in post (Day 77)

08/15/05 INTERVIEW IN LONDON APPROVED!!!!! (DAY 82)

11/08/05 He's Home

11/18/05 Wedding Day

D.O.R.A. Time Line

01/05/06 AOS Appointment

02/10/06 Bio metrics letter #1

02/14/06 Boimetrics letter #2

07/03/06 Email Update - Welcome letter is on it's way (5 months and 29 days)

07/05/06 Email Update - GC is ordered and on its way

07/10/06 Email Update - Case was aproved on July 10

07/11/06 2 Greencards arrived in post!!!

02/07/07 Final Greencard arrives...England here we come!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry, but I agree with your Dad. I would only put down the hospitalizations that are for surgeries or illnesses that involved overnight stays.

I would not inclue tests or emergency room visits or things like that.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Anything that involved an overnight stay is probably deemed a 'hospitalised' stay. So outpatient stuff is probably not needed. Minor illnesses are probaboly not worth listing either.

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Just talked with Andrew, he agrees with you guys and my dad. So guess it's me just over-reacting lol.I wish their questions weren't so broad.

Edited by AFQuaid

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

OK don't worry - this is what we did:

Prior to the medical (which we had yesterday) I asked at our local medical centre for a printout of our medical history - just a brief one. We took this along with us and discussed it with the doctor who - incidentally was extremely nice - then he made all the necessary notes. IMO this is the simplest way and he just noted the things they need to know at the embassy. This is definitely the best way - it saves any unnecessary details and is official too :yes:

I think DAD might agree with this too - then everyone's happy :thumbs:

For detailed timeline - click on my name - then read our story

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.