Lightchild

PLEASE HELP ME

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I live in London UK.

This is my first time on this blog.

I need your help for advice on what to do.

I want to apply for a holiday visa to the US (B-2 Visa) and I have completed the DS-156 application form online.

I immediately received a PDF copy to print out. How do I know when I can get an interview appointment?

Will I be informed via email?

Sorry I'm new to this and have never been to the USA. However, I'm planning on travelling with my wife (UK Citizen who has been to the US a few times and does not need a visa). Is it possible to get an interview date in time for travel on 18 December 2009?

Most people from the UK don't need a tourist visa to travel to USA so most of us are unfamiliar with the procedures required to obtain one and the time lines involved.

You can contact the Embassy direct (phone number is somewhere on their webpage but be aware it's a very expensive line.) If you want to email them, you'll need a special email code that you need to obtain by phoning the Embassy number (sorry I can't remember them any longer). Put the code they give you in the subject line and explain your dilemma. They'll get back to you within a week.

Although, I have to say 4 months seems to me plenty of time to get the visa.

Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks a lot for that info.

Not very many helpful people on here as I just joined the blog today.

You're an exception I must say. Thanks again.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks a lot for that info.

Not very many helpful people on here as I just joined the blog today.

You're an exception I must say. Thanks again.

There are lots of very helpful people on this forum. You are asking a question about a tourist visa on a site that is for immigration. Most people traveling from the UK to the US use the Visa Wavier Program and do not require a tourist visa, so there will be very few people who will have personal expirence with applying for a tourist visa from the London Embassy.

As other have already said you could contact the London Embassy and ask your question there.

Oh and by the way this is not a Blog it is a Forum..

not a K-1 issue... moving

Fair enough but at least answer the question.

FFS!!

Maybe she didn't know the answer FFS! This is an immigration forum...practice your reading skills. A quick google search of US (B-2 Visa) answers your question...now run along, don't forget to visit the Off Topic blog on your way out. :luv:

Filed: Timeline

FFS!!

Maybe she didn't know the answer FFS! This is an immigration forum...practice your reading skills. A quick google search of US (B-2 Visa) answers your question...now run along, don't forget to visit the Off Topic blog on your way out. :luv:

:jest:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

FFS!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

FFS!!

This person was helping you by moving your question to a section on this site where it'll be read by more people that can answer your question.

Getting arsey with people is just likely to get peoples backs up and have them not want to help you out.

Maybe a newbie error, or maybe you just have a bad attitude, who knows

and this is a 'forum' not a 'blog'

Hopefully now that the 'nice' person has moved your question to the right section you will get an acceptable answer to your query... :thumbs:

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

To the OP....

Do you actually know you need a visa? If you're from the UK and you're staying less than 3 months, you can just use the VWP.... visa waiver program.

You just need to fill in an ESTA form online.... and you can be given a 90 day visa on arrival when you enter the USA.

If you're planning on staying longer than 90 days, you'll need a B2. Fill in the form, and you'll be called for an interview at the US embassy in Grosvenor Square, London.

As your wife is a USC, it would probably be a good idea to show ties to the UK and a return ticket at POE, so they don't think you're planning to emigrate.

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

FFS!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

####### I missed this one, sheez I miss all the good one FFS. :rofl: here your bus

FurniturePix004.jpg

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

hey lightchild , first of all welcome to vj and just wanna mention one thing that it is so confusing if we have one forum section since now we have so many visa type section so it is much faster to get ur answer if it is in the right section, good luck and have a safe flight to usa, abby n sheryl

Edited by AbbynSheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

As your wife is a USC, it would probably be a good idea to show ties to the UK and a return ticket at POE, so they don't think you're planning to emigrate.

Where did you get that his wife is a USC? what I read from his post is that his wife is ok to use the VWP but he is not...so I guess some research has been done already at least.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.