GD21

Where does he live?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have found the above and "what does he do" seem to be the questions ALWAYS asked in the embassy interview. I asked Diana that tonight to test her and she recited my address to me. It sounded really memorized, kinda weird actually. Should she just say "Dallas"? Then for my job she spouted out my whole title and company also sounded kinda rehearsed. She definitely knows her stuff but should she just keep it simple?

What have you ladies said?

Thanks.

my wife said BODY PIERCER. and CO said u r approved.lol. abby n sheryl

Edited by AbbynSheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

I have found the above and "what does he do" seem to be the questions ALWAYS asked in the embassy interview. I asked Diana that tonight to test her and she recited my address to me. It sounded really memorized, kinda weird actually. Should she just say "Dallas"? Then for my job she spouted out my whole title and company also sounded kinda rehearsed. She definitely knows her stuff but should she just keep it simple?

Thanks.

Yep, keep it simple. Tell her to answer what is being asked. Consul asked the "What does he do" thing and I told him that he is self employed blah, blah blah. He didn't ask where he lives anyway. But just in case, she doesn't need to recite your exact address. :lol:

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: Timeline

My lawyer told me before that if the consul asked you, don't hesitate to add more about what they are asking you. try to say a lot cause that'll make the consul thinks that she really knows everything about you.

Edited by angelsinner

What caught me off guard was the CO's question about my then fiance's favourite food...didn't expect it.

He also asked me if I talked to other men online before I met my husband and I honestly answered yes..when he asked me why I chose my now husband I just said "because he makes me laugh"

Definitely keep it simple.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

What caught me off guard was the CO's question about my then fiance's favourite food...didn't expect it.

He also asked me if I talked to other men online before I met my husband and I honestly answered yes..when he asked me why I chose my now husband I just said "because he makes me laugh"

Mine was "What's his favorite color?" :unsure: I was like, seriously? Then I realized, he asked about it because he was looking through David's emails to me and the font's colors he used to write them were red, pink, green, blue, purple, yellow... very colorful... I guess the CO found it amusing that a guy like David who's a retired Army likes colors. LOL! I think the highlight of my interview was when he asked me "How did you know that you will be the last wife?" So with all my heart, I told him how David and I feel about our relationship and our future life together. He was impressed, I could tell. But he didn't say I was approved too. He just said everything looks good and that I wait till they call your name again. Of course it didn't take long for them to call me again since I was second to the last person that they interviewed and by the time I had my interview, the embassy was already closing and cleaning up. BTW, I was there for 7am interview and got done around 4:30pm. Long day!

To the OP, tell your fiancee to make eye contacts with the CO whenever he's asking her questions and whenever she answers them. Look straight in the eye... that would mean a lot to them that you can answer the questions and confident about it. Keeping the answers simple is good too, not unless you really need to elaborate. Tell her to be herself and don't look like everything's been rehearsed. COs could tell that... they're trained for that.

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello, few weeks before my scheduled interview , a relative from the US came to visit us and she gave me this advice, answer only what is asked, never volunteer information , so if it is a yes or no question, then answer , no more no less ;

if asked in the vernacular , answer the same ; what is important is that , you should always be prepared , it may seem that there are general questions and there might be questions that you never expected to be asked ;

good luck . God Bless.

hello, few weeks before my scheduled interview , a relative from the US came to visit us and she gave me this advice, answer only what is asked, never volunteer information , so if it is a yes or no question, then answer, no more no less ;

So true. During my interview, I overheard a consul telling a girl he was interviewing, "just answer what is being asked". The pre-screeners and consul seem annoyed when ladies give more info than what is being asked. If they want the girls to expound more, they just ask.

I agree with all of this. Be confident and straight forward. Be Honest!!

I scheduled my beloved's interview to be on my birthday and I honestly think the one question that locked in her visa was: When is his birthday?

And she answered: Today!!

Shirr told me the CO instantly smiled and that was that, You are approved!

Phil and Shirr

Mine was "What's his favorite color?" :unsure: I was like, seriously? Then I realized, he asked about it because he was looking through David's emails to me and the font's colors he used to write them were red, pink, green, blue, purple, yellow... very colorful... I guess the CO found it amusing that a guy like David who's a retired Army likes colors. LOL! I think the highlight of my interview was when he asked me "How did you know that you will be the last wife?" So with all my heart, I told him how David and I feel about our relationship and our future life together. He was impressed, I could tell. But he didn't say I was approved too. He just said everything looks good and that I wait till they call your name again. Of course it didn't take long for them to call me again since I was second to the last person that they interviewed and by the time I had my interview, the embassy was already closing and cleaning up. BTW, I was there for 7am interview and got done around 4:30pm. Long day!

To the OP, tell your fiancee to make eye contacts with the CO whenever he's asking her questions and whenever she answers them. Look straight in the eye... that would mean a lot to them that you can answer the questions and confident about it. Keeping the answers simple is good too, not unless you really need to elaborate. Tell her to be herself and don't look like everything's been rehearsed. COs could tell that... they're trained for that.

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Timeline

I know, my fiance has not gone through the interview process yet,...so I can not refer to her experience...but I have much experience in asking questions and getting information...and that is what the interview is about...gathering information (documents/questioning) that can be evaluated and then a decision rendered...approved or denied.

Most time if a person just answers the question simply, and not expanding, then there is less a chance of raising a red flag. Sometimes a person can say some thing, they think is innocent, but it creates problems, and what I have read here, USCIS and the entire process is not really interested in explanations, just brief facts.

just my opinion, good luck

LOVE of a LIFETIME

My lawyer told me before that if the consul asked you, don't hesitate to add more about what they are asking you. try to say a lot cause that'll make the consul thinks that she really knows everything about you.

This "can" actually create follow-up questions... Like I said, if the CO wants to know more, questions will be popped so you may want to save your answers or you'll end up repeating some things.

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

I like the 'more is better' approach myself :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

She knows all about me. We've been talking about everything for almost a year now, we've spent 2 weeks together in Manila. I'm sure she'll be fine. I just worry there'll be something that'll make the embassy not believe her. I'm probably just paranoid. Thank you for all your insights. I hope it goes smoothly.

Thanks.

Yep, keep it simple. Tell her to answer what is being asked. Consul asked the "What does he do" thing and I told him that he is self employed blah, blah blah. He didn't ask where he lives anyway. But just in case, she doesn't need to recite your exact address. :lol:

Yes simple!

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.