sara.....

some of you have asked for update on us

126 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Sara,

There aren't any words to explain how devastated we are for both of you...we too have our qualms about USCIS and this whole immigration system...and sometimes I wonder to myself if I really want to honor my citizenship to the USA because they have made it the hardest for both of us to be together...we are still waiting in the process, and when I read that you and Perviz are still waiting...we honestly feel your pain (F) (F) (F)

There were times when I called DOS to get updates and I was laughed at by DOS reps when asking about updates to our AP/AR status and called stupid for suggesting that congressmen/senators have access to that information...not to mention the demeaning manner of speaking most of those heartless DOS reps have. Moments like this make me wonder what the he** I am doing being a USC when the country I owe allegiance to is up in arms against the most important thing in my life. So I know what you are going through Sara, when USCIS gives you that ####### about your application being in a "special unit"...special unit my foot!

I understand that Perviz was denied a tourist visa and I see that others have given you ideas to close this K-1 process and to file for a K-3 or CR-1. And I also know about your health concerns making it hard for you to go visit India at this time :(

So since you say that Canada is only an 8 hour drive from you, and that a third country is an option you can look into, I would strongly suggest closing your current K-1 process, have Perviz apply for a tourist visa to Canada (much easier to get than the USA and they wont give him b.s. about already being a K-1 applicant, blah blah...) and drive to meet him in Canada and then work it out from there so that you can move to Canada with him and start your long-awaited happily ever after together.

Last but not least,

We pray that Allah grant you the fruit of your patience and diligence very soon and May Allah bless you with sound health and may He join you and Perviz together forever very, very, very soon, Ameen!

Lots of duas for you and Perviz and your families from us! (F) (F) (F)

ETA: If there is anything we can do, please PM me!

Ameen

I just read ur time line wow u have been thru a lot we will be saying dua and prayers for u and our family as well.

thank you very much for the prayers and duas for us.

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sara....

I found a couple of good sites check them out.

So nikah on the phone would be considered as proxy marriage which in most US states is considered as common law marriage, however Montana recognizes it!

So here it goes....check them out and see if it helps and what you may do...you can call the office in the last link and see if you file for immigration, will it work or not?

best of luck again!

Proxy marriage

certificate

montana proxy marriage certificate legally

.png

Timeline

on a few of the other forums i see, although much older posts....telephonic nikah will give you a nikah nama so you probably need to tell that you did a telephone nikah...just get the nikah nama, then get an English translated version, that would simply state you guys are married.

you are good to go, until the interview where they ummm....might ask for pictures of the wedding. But hey, we worry about it then, right!

.png

Timeline
on a few of the other forums i see, although much older posts....telephonic nikah will give you a nikah nama so you probably need to tell that you did a telephone nikah...just get the nikah nama, then get an English translated version, that would simply state you guys are married.

you are good to go, until the interview where they ummm....might ask for pictures of the wedding. But hey, we worry about it then, right!

wellllllllllll here is the answer: you need to consummate the marriage for USCIS to recognize it

sara

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

wellllllllllll here is the answer: you need to consummate the marriage for USCIS to recognize it

sara

yep, thats the thing about proxy marriages when it comes to USCIS. You would still have to see eachother before you filed.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

well that will be only questioned at the interview....and hopefully by then you might be able to travel to india, to meet up with him?

Surely if you can file the I-130 with the certificate and get your approval and things start working out, your health will surely improve and with all prayers you might be able to travel.

.png

Timeline
well that will be only questioned at the interview....and hopefully by then you might be able to travel to india, to meet up with him?

Surely if you can file the I-130 with the certificate and get your approval and things start working out, your health will surely improve and with all prayers you might be able to travel.

i have appointment with an attorney next week to talk about all this not that im very impressed with attorneys right now given what has happened with the last one but this guy seems to be pretty good.

lets see what he says and if there will be any larger problem doing it this way or if it is as good an idea as we think it is, i personally like the idea :)

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sara, I wish there were words I could say, or something I could do to make things better for you. You are in our prayers, and believe you deserve to be happy. We will all definitely celebrate when you and Perviz are finally together. God bless you for your patience, endurance, and encouraging words to so many people. You are the backbone of VJ.

~ K&M ~

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline

thank you i cant even tell you how much your words mean to me, you have been thru a lot yourself with this visa process i have watched your visa journey and i can say for sure your one strong lady you never gave up, i get a lot of my strength from people like you

(F)

sara

Sara, I wish there were words I could say, or something I could do to make things better for you. You are in our prayers, and believe you deserve to be happy. We will all definitely celebrate when you and Perviz are finally together. God bless you for your patience, endurance, and encouraging words to so many people. You are the backbone of VJ.

~ K&M ~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
enraptured - with you on this....but would signatures help? who would we send it to?

the white house? every single state government in the US? i'd be livid if i was sara. seriously. i'm pissed off even reading about this situation....

there seriously has to be a way for this to be resolved. sara....God bless you, seriously. (F)(F)(F)(F) i know my words are just words, but i hope you know that it will all end one day.

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

i guess sara or someone with most of the details of this case can write something out? i just know basically that sara petitioned her fiancee to come here and it's been dragging on for more than 2 years at this point. but would help to get some more specifics to add to the petition's details.

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Timeline
i guess sara or someone with most of the details of this case can write something out? i just know basically that sara petitioned her fiancee to come here and it's been dragging on for more than 2 years at this point. but would help to get some more specifics to add to the petition's details.

what kimandruss found the biggest issue with the last time we tried to this is, is how to keep personal addresses, and things out of it so that someone does not target either me or one of the wonderful vj family? we do get some weird people on there now and again that could damage a lot of us and in some cases at least one that i know of one of the mena girls was stalked

and with out the personal information how can a petition be formed?

sara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.