Robina

K-1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My husband is here on a K-1 visa. We dont have any documentation of which vaccinations he has already had. We are confused now about which shots to get or not. There is a long list on the immigration website, but doctors said they usually only give 3 or 4 of them. What do we do? The health department is also saying that he needs a physical exam here in the US, but I didnt read that requirement anywhere. Do we need that or not?

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Robin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
My husband is here on a K-1 visa. We dont have any documentation of which vaccinations he has already had. We are confused now about which shots to get or not. There is a long list on the immigration website, but doctors said they usually only give 3 or 4 of them. What do we do? The health department is also saying that he needs a physical exam here in the US, but I didnt read that requirement anywhere. Do we need that or not?

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Robin

Did your husband already get the required vaccinations in Pakistan and you simply lost or do not have the records for some reason?

As far as the medical exam goes, I called a few civil surgeons near me and they all told me that is was their policy to require the immigrant to receive (and pay for) another medical exam (administered at their office) before they would sign off on the vaccines. Crooks! You don't need another medical exam. Have Dr. Arnold in Texas take care of your vaccination records. If you still need some vaccines, I bet they will tell you what you need to get before you send them the records if you call them first.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

The immunization system in SWAT pakistan is not computerized or organized at all. His parents did not keep the records years ago when he got the shots. Now no one can give verification of them. It's simply not needed in normal life there.

We are in Ky, so I dont think the doctor in TX will help us. We went to the health department here and they gave him the shots a person normally needs for a green card plus Hep A and B. They said some of the other shots are only given to children and some are not available right now.

Do you think it would be a problem to send in the AOS paperwork with what we have and let them tell us to get more shots or the physical exam later if needed?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
We are in Ky, so I dont think the doctor in TX will help us. We went to the health department here and they gave him the shots a person normally needs for a green card plus Hep A and B. They said some of the other shots are only given to children and some are not available right now.

It doesn't matter where you live. You don't have to use civil surgeons in your home state. We used Dr. Arnold from Texas and we live in Wisconsin. This has nothing to do with what state you live in. You must get a civil surgeon to fill out the I-693 vaccination supplement, and Dr. Arnold does that via mail for $20 or $30 (I can't even remember which). We did not get a 2nd medical exam.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

I just knew the big 3 forms were needed-didn't know about 693 until a few days ago. Are there any other forms needed?

It doesn't matter where you live. You don't have to use civil surgeons in your home state. We used Dr. Arnold from Texas and we live in Wisconsin. This has nothing to do with what state you live in. You must get a civil surgeon to fill out the I-693 vaccination supplement, and Dr. Arnold does that via mail for $20 or $30 (I can't even remember which). We did not get a 2nd medical exam.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.