oregon30

Cover letter review

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi here is my cover letter could you check I f I m missing something, so I can type it.

Thanks in advance

Jo.

I-129F Cover Letter

Name/Address Petitioner

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

California Service Center

P.O. BOX 10130

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0130

8/31/2009

Nature of the submission: I-129F ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-129F, Petition for K-1 Fiancee Visa for Svetlana Akimova Aleksandrovna, and supporting documents.

Contents include:

- Payment in the amount of $455.00

- I-129F

- G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)

- G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)

- Birth certificate/US Passport (Petitioner)

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- Proof of having met in person in the past two years

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Yours truly,

Print Name ( Petitioner )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hi here is my cover letter could you check I f I m missing something, so I can type it.

Thanks in advance

Jo.

I-129F Cover Letter

Name/Address Petitioner

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

California Service Center

P.O. BOX 10130

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0130

8/31/2009

Nature of the submission: I-129F ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-129F, Petition for K-1 Fiancee Visa for Svetlana Akimova Aleksandrovna, and supporting documents.

Contents include:

- Payment in the amount of $455.00

- I-129F

- G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)

- G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)

- Birth certificate/US Passport (Petitioner)

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- Proof of having met in person in the past two years

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Yours truly,

Here are the instructions/format I used:

Date

[Enter appropriate USCIS Service Center Address here. *If you plan to send your petition via express delivery or private courier make sure you use the overnight delivery address.]

Re: I-129F PETITION FOR FIANCE VISA

PETITIONER: [Enter your last name in caps, then first name. (E.g. SMITH, Earl.)

BENEFICIARY: [Enter your fiancé’s last name in caps, then first name. (*e.g. JONES, Brenda.)

FIRST SUBMISSION

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am a U.S. Citizen applying for a fiancé visa for my foreign national fiancé referenced above. I have enclosed with this letter the following items in support of this petition:

1. Check made payable to the USCIS in the amount of $455.

2. Form I-129F

3. Form G-325A for Petitioner

4. Form G-325A for Beneficiary

5. Form I-134

6. Letters of Intent to Marry

7. Proof of my U.S. Citizenship

8. Passport-style photographs of me and my fiancé.

9. Proof that my fiancé and I have met in person in the last two years.

10. Proof of termination of prior marriages. [*Delete if not applicable.]

11. Information about Criminal Record [*Delete if not applicable.]

If you require any additional information please feel free to contact me. I appreciate your time and consideration of this petition and respectfully request favorable adjudication of this petition.

Sincerely,

[TYPE YOUR NAME HERE and sign directly below.]

Enclosures

What you have is fine, just remember to put all those things in the package.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Here are the instructions/format I used:

Date

[Enter appropriate USCIS Service Center Address here. *If you plan to send your petition via express delivery or private courier make sure you use the overnight delivery address.]

Re: I-129F PETITION FOR FIANCE VISA

PETITIONER: [Enter your last name in caps, then first name. (E.g. SMITH, Earl.)

BENEFICIARY: [Enter your fiancé’s last name in caps, then first name. (*e.g. JONES, Brenda.)

FIRST SUBMISSION

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am a U.S. Citizen applying for a fiancé visa for my foreign national fiancé referenced above. I have enclosed with this letter the following items in support of this petition:

1. Check made payable to the USCIS in the amount of $455.

2. Form I-129F

3. Form G-325A for Petitioner

4. Form G-325A for Beneficiary

5. Form I-134Definitely not needed at this stage will more than likely just be thrown away

6. Letters of Intent to Marry

7. Proof of my U.S. Citizenship

8. Passport-style photographs of me and my fiancé.

9. Proof that my fiancé and I have met in person in the last two years.

10. Proof of termination of prior marriages. [*Delete if not applicable.]

11. Information about Criminal Record [*Delete if not applicable.]

If you require any additional information please feel free to contact me. I appreciate your time and consideration of this petition and respectfully request favorable adjudication of this petition.

Sincerely,

[TYPE YOUR NAME HERE and sign directly below.]

Enclosures

Basically just a rehash of the same letter with 2 things thrown in that are just space fillers...and one #5 that is definitely a waste of your time and effort...while #10 is probably used a good percentage of the time #11 is in probably 5% or less of the cases.

Nowhere during the petition approval do they care about your finances, you are doing nothing except getting the petition to ALLOW your fiance to apply for a visa. When you get to the consulate stage and seeking a VISA then it will be important.

Edited by thepizzadude

VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides

thepizzadude, while it's true that the I-134 is not necessary for the I-129F initial submission, it will most definitely not be thrown away. They don't throw away any documents you submit. The entire packet, including any additional documents you submitted, will go to the consulate via NVC upon USCIS approval. So the consulate will see everything that was submitted in the initial package.

TBoneTX can tell you from painful experience how important it can be to front-load the initial submission for certain difficult consulates, as they won't accept evidence brought to the interview.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

thepizzadude, while it's true that the I-134 is not necessary for the I-129F initial submission, it will most definitely not be thrown away. They don't throw away any documents you submit. The entire packet, including any additional documents you submitted, will go to the consulate via NVC upon USCIS approval. So the consulate will see everything that was submitted in the initial package.

TBoneTX can tell you from painful experience how important it can be to front-load the initial submission for certain difficult consulates, as they won't accept evidence brought to the interview.

I fully understand front loading information pertaining to how you met and bonafide relationship documents, but putting income information will have no influence at all when it comes to approving the petition.

While some consulates may not accept any further information pertaining to relationship documentation they have to take and consider your I-134 at the consulate stage of the process, and if they are gonna give a problem with documentation evidence, job and income information that is 3-6 months old will definitely be a starting point.

Yes it will not be thrown away per say but it will have no effect at all at this point in the process.

Edited by thepizzadude

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

True, they do not throw things away. The I-134 would have to be re-done as it would not be current and would not be acceptable to the consulate as sent to them by the USCIS. The OP is dealing with Kiev, NOT Ecuador...HUGE DIFFERENCE, and not front loading an I-134 is not what caused TboneTX's problems anyway. Front loading an I-134 is a waste of time that will only need to be repeated. If someone wants to frontload evidence of relationship, that is fine, but not needed for Kiev and would not necessarily be a waste of time. An I-134 would definitely be a waste of time at the petition stage. I promise you, even though Kiev is one of the easiest consulates in the world, if his fiancee walks in and says "I-134? Oh my fiancee sent it with the petition, just there, look" Her visa will be held until he provides a new one...PROMISE! when they ask for the financial support document you better hand them something through that window! And it better be fairly recent.

The OPs list of items looks fine. His petition should get approved and given the proper documents in Kiev, should have no trouble with his visa.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

True, they do not throw things away. The I-134 would have to be re-done as it would not be current and would not be acceptable to the consulate as sent to them by the USCIS.

I am aware of cases where the I-134 was sent with the initial I-129F submission and the consulate did not request/require the submission of an updated I-134. So, as with all things, your mileage may vary.

The OP is dealing with Kiev, NOT Ecuador...HUGE DIFFERENCE, and not front loading an I-134 is not what caused TboneTX's problems anyway.

I'll let you take that up with TBoneTX; I suspect he would disagree with you.

Front loading an I-134 is a waste of time that will only need to be repeated. If someone wants to frontload evidence of relationship, that is fine, but not needed for Kiev and would not necessarily be a waste of time. An I-134 would definitely be a waste of time at the petition stage. I promise you, even though Kiev is one of the easiest consulates in the world, if his fiancee walks in and says "I-134? Oh my fiancee sent it with the petition, just there, look" Her visa will be held until he provides a new one...PROMISE! when they ask for the financial support document you better hand them something through that window! And it better be fairly recent.

And just how do you know this? How many times have you been through the K-1 interview process in Kiev? Did you submit an I-134 in your I-129F package, only to have it rejected by Kiev? Did you work in the IV section at the Kiev consulate? I'm all for relating your experience, but your experience is just that: your experience. One experience does not an expert make. Don't universalize the particular.

The OPs list of items looks fine. His petition should get approved and given the proper documents in Kiev, should have no trouble with his visa.

Agreed. For the record, I'm with you on the I-134—there's no reason to put it in the I-129F package. Send it with your SO when he/she goes to the consulate for the interview.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

And just how do you know this? How many times have you been through the K-1 interview process in Kiev? Did you submit an I-134 in your I-129F package, only to have it rejected by Kiev? Did you work in the IV section at the Kiev consulate? I'm all for relating your experience, but your experience is just that: your experience. One experience does not an expert make. Don't universalize the particular.

Exactly so why are you generalizing their Kiev experience(s). How many other couples have they helped with this process in Ukraine?

How many have you done in Ukraine?

I'd be more inclined to trust their judgement than someone who has no experience in Ukraine.

The I-134 is NOT required with the initial petition. Period.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.