mandyu1

Need advice before trip to Morocco

104 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Is he buying your ticket? If he wants to use you than let it be on his dime. That is just my personal opinion, you want to see me than you better have some cash for my tickets, cause I am broke, I make sure they know that up front, if you marry me don't think you are living on easy street, you need to move on to someone else. I got screwed once and learned a lesson from that experience. I am lucky to have a husband who can afford the cost of having this kind of relationship, cause if the expensive was on my back nothing would ever happen, I am awful with money. lol I don't want to see your heart break and the man just seems a little shady to me, he told you up front he doesn't want a long term relationship so really find someone else. There are tons of men who are looking for a long term relationship and will treat you right, at least the man is honest with you.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well i definately appreciate everyones comments and sugguestions. I actually posted this about a month ago, and just the other day started getting more replies again lol. But anyway, a lot has happened since I posted this, I have been talking with someone else, but I'm not rushing things with that either. But I still remain friends with this man, and to answer your question he was willing to cover some of my travel expenses. I am still thinking about going, but if I go, I will be looking at it as going to see a friend and nothing more. If he decides he wants more one day and I'm still available I will cross that bridge when I get there, but I'm not putting my life on hold or waiting for him. Some may say that I am wrong because I did not tell him or this new man I am talking with, but the way I look at it, I'm not in a relationship with him. He did say he thinks of me as more than a friend, but doesn't want to commit to anything, so he had his chance. I don't owe him anything, or have to explain to him what I do or who I talk to.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I think you are doing the right thing and you don't have to tell him anything, you don't have a serious relationship with this man. I think talking with other men is a good thing, you might be talking to your future husband. Good luck and have fun while you find your true love. :thumbs:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Timeline

You're coming off as desperate to be honest. You don't build the fantasy of your future with a dude who isn't 100% totally into you. Unless he's paying, don't go to visit "just a friend". What a waste. I mean unless you're totally into Morocco and have always wanted to go and this guy will be a tour guide.

I don't know why he invited me, but regardless if there is no chance of a relationship with him in the future, I still feel we are good friends. I have known him now about 6 months, and he has stated that he considers me to be more than a friend. I do nothing for him, so I know he is not using me, yet he puts for the effort everyday (or practically everyday) to contact me either my phone, email or IM. So to answer your question, I would consider going because I would be able to see a part of the world I may not otherwise see or go to.

I concur. Unless it is a place you have always dreamt of visiting; this sounds like a desperation trip. AND, in the case that he is or could be a scammer... they "smell" desperation.

Up to you, really.

You're coming off as desperate to be honest. You don't build the fantasy of your future with a dude who isn't 100% totally into you. Unless he's paying, don't go to visit "just a friend". What a waste. I mean unless you're totally into Morocco and have always wanted to go and this guy will be a tour guide.

I don't know why he invited me, but regardless if there is no chance of a relationship with him in the future, I still feel we are good friends. I have known him now about 6 months, and he has stated that he considers me to be more than a friend. I do nothing for him, so I know he is not using me, yet he puts for the effort everyday (or practically everyday) to contact me either my phone, email or IM. So to answer your question, I would consider going because I would be able to see a part of the world I may not otherwise see or go to.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:thumbs: I agree with these other girls. I don't even know if I'd trust this man!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Dont be so harsh on Stephanie, I've known her since before her husband got here (he arrived just 2 weeks after mine) and we have stayed in pretty close touch through these years. Although their marriage wasnt perfect (are any of ours???) it certainly wasnt glaring with signs that she was being used. I personally didnt see it coming, right up until the last few months and then he literally became another person. Not everyone who gets duped is a stupid jackass who deserves what she gets for burying her head in the sand.....

i think this has probably been brought up before, but in that case, how does one even know that it's a greencard/immigration issue? marriages dissolve for plenty of other reasons besides that. there can be plenty of using in a marriage that is completely unrelated to any immigration stuff. users suck, but just because the guy's moroccan doesn't necessarily mean it was a "used for a greencard" deal. i don't know, i'm just rambling here.

amirah's tub pic is killer! i (L) it.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sometimes the injured party feels there needs to be some sort of justification, and GC fraud is such an easy answer. So I have to agree. Sometimes marriages just don't make it, even with the best of intentions.

As for Mandy, there is nothing wrong with going to Morocco. It is a great place to visit, packed with amazing history. Make sure if you do go that you have a hotel in a nice part of town. It really isn't acceptable to stay in the same house as a male friend in their culture. If he is just a friend you don't owe him an explanation of the other guy. And if it isn't a relationship with the other guy you don't owe him one either. But make sure to keep any hopes for a relationship out of the picture completely.

As for the other guy paying your ticket, I am actually against that. He might figure that you do "owe" him something if ya now what I mean. :whistle:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
AUGUST 28,2009: DIVORCE FINAL. ABDESLAM CHAHIR GOT WHAT HE WANTED, A FRIGGIN GREEN CARD! ME,NOTHING BUT HEARTACHE. I PRAY THAT SOMETIME BEFORE I DIE, THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO FORGIVE THE A$$HOLE AND HIS WHOLE FU**ING FAMILY, BUT NOT SURE IF THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN. HIS FAMILY(ESPECIALLY, MY IN-LAWS THAT I NEVER EVEN MET) SHOULD BE ASHAMED AND SO SHOULD HE! THE PAIN HE BROUGHT TO MY FAMILY,TO MY DAUGHTER WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED. FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DO NOT BELIEVE MY STORY, I AM SORRY. I TELL THE TRUTH.

I hope this doesn't sound rude, but where did that comment from stephanie come from anyways?? Here I am reading about a woman who wants advice on her situation, and there is this random post, that has nothing to do with the topic...Am I making sense, or did I miss something??? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
Hi Mandy. If I can, I would like to offer input, although my husband is not a MENA man. With that being said, I don't think this is a MENA man issue so much as it is a MAN issue...Even so, there are several things in your post that have me concerned about the validity of his feelings for you...and clearly, you might be feeling the same way, or there would be no need for this post. One of the biggest red flags that I see is the excuses your SO has seemed to come up w/ as to why you can't be together. I can understand that he does not want to move here to the states and would possibly like to live in Europe or his home country, but what man, that truly loves you and adores you and your family, would turn down the opportunity for you to join him whereever he is? I know that if I told my husband that I would be willing to move to Jamaica tomorrow he would be grinning like a cheshire cat! And the fact that he is telling you that it's "ok" if you find another man in the states--really? He's virtually giving you permission to do what you want to do? Now I come in the MENA forum from time to time to look around, and I can tell you that this certainly doesn't sound like a man who truly loves you and who is truly committed to you. Hell, any man who says it's ok for his wife or SO to go be with another man is obviously doing his own thing so it doesn't matter to him what you do, and there is no real substance to this relationship. IAnd the fact that noone that he cares about and loves knows about you says to me that he is hiding you from them for whatever reason. IMO, I don't think that he sees this relationship going anywhere. While he may like you, you said so yourself, he has not admitted to loving you--and there is no way your relationship can progress any further if you two are not on the same page. I could be wrong, and I pray to God that I am, so if you do go to Morrocco I think that you two need to have MANY SERIOUS conversations about his true feelings and intent...and where he sees this whole thing going. I would hate for you to put any more time, energy, and emotion into someone who is not willing to do the same for you. You deserve better than that. I am sorry if I sound harsh. I just want you to be careful. (L)

Well, we shouldn't lump all MENA men or even all men together, as each one is different, but my experience was that two weeks after my husband and I met online he was already telling me not to see other men. I told him he was crazy, but I was very flattered. In my experience with men in general, if they are really crazy about you, they will not want to share you with other men, that's for sure.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Why on earth would you even consider uprooting those three precous gifts from God to a country that is foreign to you and them for a man who doesn't even seem remotely enthusiastic about being with you? I'm sorry I swore I wouldn't post in these types of threads anymore but all I can think of is the children. I was and am very much in love with my husband and the feeling is mutual between us and still I wouldn't dream of bringing them there to live whether or not I got the ok from the ex. It's just not fair to them, period. It sounds like you have a big crush on the guy and that's cool but why not take the $ and spend it on a trip to Disney since he doesn't have that same crush on you?

Bridget, kindly refrain from lying all over this board. Everything you said about your greedy, ignorant, dumb husband shows that he wasn't remotely interested in being with you... just your cash. He called you fat and told you that you laugh like a nasty #######. Get some self esteem.

Me thinks if you don't have the balls to own up to your own comments (i.e., creating a noob user), then you probably shouldn't be saying it in the first place.

:thumbs: I am sure that he/she/it is banned by now. :bonk:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Why on earth would you even consider uprooting those three precous gifts from God to a country that is foreign to you and them for a man who doesn't even seem remotely enthusiastic about being with you? I'm sorry I swore I wouldn't post in these types of threads anymore but all I can think of is the children. I was and am very much in love with my husband and the feeling is mutual between us and still I wouldn't dream of bringing them there to live whether or not I got the ok from the ex. It's just not fair to them, period. It sounds like you have a big crush on the guy and that's cool but why not take the $ and spend it on a trip to Disney since he doesn't have that same crush on you?

Bridget, kindly refrain from lying all over this board. Everything you said about your greedy, ignorant, dumb husband shows that he wasn't remotely interested in being with you... just your cash. He called you fat and told you that you laugh like a nasty #######. Get some self esteem.

Me thinks if you don't have the balls to own up to your own comments (i.e., creating a noob user), then you probably shouldn't be saying it in the first place.

Fixxxored

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i normally dont say anything when i see this kind of fighting but i had to pick my jaw back up off the floor when i first seen that post...........looked and at first glance even the name looked like one of our mods.........i was thinking wow she is really have a tuff day today, and in fact had to look a second time to see that it was a new person all i can say is

wow

sara

Edited by estadia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.