marklovetina

to all the filipinas...

84 posts in this topic

i have a question for JOM:.. if the filipina divorced her husband outside our country then how can she get a cenomar at the nso?... coz quite confuse me about this matter.... bcoz i read a post here that the embassy is requiring her a cenomar/cemar....

im not sure if this will answer your question but here is my own experience. my 1st marriage was also annuled in the phils , i secured a Cermar which shows both my 1st marriage and 2nd marriage ( to my USC husband). then i also secured a certificate of marriage showing the "null and void" annotation at the side , this annotation will support my cermar proving that my 1st marriage has already been annuled. if you get a cenomar/cemar from the NSO, it will show your previous marriage and you can always bring your divorce decree to support it ( im not sure if the us embassy will honor it but you can always try).

hehhee ok thank sa info. but i am asking po kung halimbawa nag-undergo ng divorce hindi ng annullment... pero thank u sa post ha para malaman nila ang about jan sa bgay mong info.... :thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walls1010, I see in your timeline that your consulate is Hong Kong. Were you a Hong Kong resident and did you apply for your K1 visa at the US Embassy in Hong Kong? If yes, then that answers the question why you were issued the visa. You played your cards right.

sige lang sis kung yan ang paniniwala mo.... want to remind you na walang record sa nso ang kasal namin ng asawa ko ngayon.

Sis your first marriage is still considered valid in the Philippines because divorce between Filipinos, wherever secured and even if with the consent of both spouses, is not recognized under Philippine laws. In other words, as far as the Philippines is concerned, the second marriage is null and void...

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: Timeline
sige lang sis kung yan ang paniniwala mo.... want to remind you na walang record sa nso ang kasal namin ng asawa ko ngayon.

Sis your first marriage is still considered valid in the Philippines because divorce between Filipinos, wherever secured and even if with the consent of both spouses, is not recognized under Philippine laws. In other words, as far as the Philippines is concerned, the second marriage is null and void...

I am concerned now..... IT IS REALLY DANGEROUS marrying a FILIPINA...in more ways then one .... :devil: :devil: :devil:

TO: JOM,

question lang po kung hindi pedeng kasuhan ng bigamy ano po ung civil damages charges na pedeng magproceed?... ska kung nagdivorce po outside phil ano ang pinapakita nilang clearance sa embassy na cleared sila d2 sa pilipinas..? kc di po ba kahit naman magdivorce sa ibang bansa eh ung kasal nya d2 andon pa rin sa nso?... pano sila nakakapasa kung wlang divorce d2 sa atin...?

I was talking about laws on Human Relations under the Civil Code of the Philippines under the following articles:

Art. 19. Every person must, in the exercise of his rights and in the performance of his duties, act with justice, give everyone his due, and observe honesty and good faith.

Art. 20. Every person who, contrary to law, wilfully or negligently causes damage to another, shall indemnify the latter for the same.

I was talking about MORAL DAMAGES which the second wife can file against the man.

About the divorce issue, just remember it is the US government , NOT the Philippine government who has the discretion to approve or deny any visa entering the US. Since the US government recognizes divorce and if they honor a divorce decree obtained by a non-US citizen for visa process purposes, it is their decision , not the Philippine government. Our government may control our departure from the Philippines, like the CFO requirement but they don't have any say when it comes to approving or denying the K1 visa, or any other kind of visa for that matter to enter another country. If that country of destination approves the visa, our government can't say much about it. A fugitive for instance can be approved going to the US and our government cant do anything about the process, however it can hold hie or her departure.

If the process is reversed, the US government cant also say much if the Philippine government approves a US citizen's application for a visa to enter the Philippines.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

I am concerned now..... IT IS REALLY DANGEROUS marrying a FILIPINA...in more ways then one .... :devil: :devil: :devil:

hahhaha.. yes bcoz its true to many of the filipinas :devil: :devil: :devil:

yes i agree with this.. yes they will honor it in the u.s but not here... it will considered as null and void!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

question lang po kung hindi pedeng kasuhan ng bigamy ano po ung civil damages charges na pedeng magproceed?... ska kung nagdivorce po outside phil ano ang pinapakita nilang clearance sa embassy na cleared sila d2 sa pilipinas..? kc di po ba kahit naman magdivorce sa ibang bansa eh ung kasal nya d2 andon pa rin sa nso?... pano sila nakakapasa kung wlang divorce d2 sa atin...?

I was talking about laws on Human Relations under the Civil Code of the Philippines under the following articles:

Art. 19. Every person must, in the exercise of his rights and in the performance of his duties, act with justice, give everyone his due, and observe honesty and good faith.

Art. 20. Every person who, contrary to law, wilfully or negligently causes damage to another, shall indemnify the latter for the same.

I was talking about MORAL DAMAGES which the second wife can file against the man.

About the divorce issue, just remember it is the US government , NOT the Philippine government who has the discretion to approve or deny any visa entering the US. Since the US government recognizes divorce and if they honor a divorce decree obtained by a non-US citizen for visa process purposes, it is their decision , not the Philippine government. Our government may control our departure from the Philippines, like the CFO requirement but they don't have any say when it comes to approving or denying the K1 visa, or any other kind of visa for that matter to enter another country. If that country of destination approves the visa, our government can't say much about it. A fugitive for instance can be approved going to the US and our government cant do anything about the process, however it can hold hie or her departure.

If the process is reversed, the US government cant also say much if the Philippine government approves a US citizen's application for a visa to enter the Philippines.

tita ang gusto ko pong malaman kung ay ano ang pedeng maging moral damages ng isang babaeng nagdivorced outside the country kc eh di lumalabas na kawawa namn pla ung mga tunay na asawa d2 sa pilipinas at lumalabas din na talgang madaming pinay na gumagawa nito at nakakalusot sila sa u.s embassy.... kc as i read the guide from the u.s embassy hindi daw sila natanggap ng divorce decree dhil nga wala d2 sa ating divorce kung di annulment lang... ska ung tnaong ko pong pano sila nakakapasa sa us embassy kung d2 sa atin mag-mumula ano ang mga pinapkit anilang mga docs. kung divorce... sila...?

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

hello to all my fellow filipinas member of this site... i am very curious about this matter.. there is a post here or quiry that i read.. its about marriage and divorce.... she was married here in the phil long time ago.. she went to other countries and now she is divorced to his 1st husband and now she have a bf and they filed a k1.... in k1 there is a req. of cenomar... right?... and there is no divorce here in our country right?.... what i know if she get a cenomar it will appear on that doc. she is still married here right?... then how this decree will help her...?

Facts (based on your post):

1. Your friend got married in the Philippines.

2. Your friend went abroad.

3. While abroad, she divorced her husband left in Pinas.

4. She found a foreigner boyfriend, she's probably back now in the Philippines, as the boyfriend is about to file K1 right?

For sure, you'll get something from this:

Edited by chizkeyk

February 2006 - File Petition, Approved

May 2006 - Medical, Interview, VISA on hand

September 2006 - Set foot prints in the chilly icy JFK, NYC

December 2006 - Civil Wedding

March 2007 - File AOS

June 29, 2007 - Temporary Green Card

I-751

May 30, 2009 - Priority Mail with Confirmation Receipt I-751 Packet

June 1, 2009 - Packed Received by USCIS around 4PM (per USPS Confirmation Delivery Receipt) - now, what's next?

June 2, 2009 - I-797C Receipt Date (Time 21:07....are they operating 24 hours???)

June 3, 2009 - Cashed Check/Bank Cleared

June 4, 2009 - USCIS Postage Date

June 5, 2009 - Local Post Office Receipt date (so, its been sitting on our mail box in house #2 for 5 days...)

June 11, 2009 - Got it! 1 year extension notice......

June 18, 2009 - Received Biometrics schedule

July 10, 2009 - Biometrics Day (cancelled/re-sched)

July 23, 2009 - Biometrics day

November 2, 2009 - Approved

November 5, 2009 - Received via Mail "Approval Notice"

Waiting for actual GC

----NO RFE!!!-----------

rmdlw2.png

tita ang gusto ko pong malaman kung ay ano ang pedeng maging moral damages ng isang babaeng nagdivorced outside the country kc eh di lumalabas na kawawa namn pla ung mga tunay na asawa d2 sa pilipinas at lumalabas din na talgang madaming pinay na gumagawa nito at nakakalusot sila sa u.s embassy.... kc as i read the guide from the u.s embassy hindi daw sila natanggap ng divorce decree dhil nga wala d2 sa ating divorce kung di annulment lang... ska ung tnaong ko pong pano sila nakakapasa sa us embassy kung d2 sa atin mag-mumula ano ang mga pinapkit anilang mga docs. kung divorce... sila...?

meron din po kc akong nabasa d2 sa site na to na divorced sya tapos d2 sa us embassy d2 sa phil nag-aply eh tinanong sila ng screener bakit un ang pinapakita eh wla namn d2 sa ating divorce....

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Article 26 of the Family Code provides, to wit,

All marriages solemnized outside the Philippines in accordance with the laws in force in the country where they were solemnized, and valid there as such, shall also be valid in this country, except those prohibited under Articles 35(1), (4), (5) and (6), 36, 37 and 38.

Where a marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner is validly celebrated and a divorce is thereafter validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall have capacity to remarry under Philippine law.

Remedy ng friend mo in order for her to obtain her capacity to remarry, ay pa-annul nya yong kasal nya IF sya ang nag-initiate ng divorce.

Better yet, speak to a lawyer na lang in order for you to get a legitimate and sound legal advise.

Goodluck to your friend.

March 2007 - File AOS

I-751

June 1, 2009 - Packed Received by USCIS around 4PM (per USPS Confirmation Delivery Receipt) - now, what's next?

June 2, 2009 - I-797C Receipt Date (Time 21:07....are they operating 24 hours???)

June 5, 2009 - Local Post Office Receipt date (so, its been sitting on our mail box in house #2 for 5 days...)

Waiting for actual GC

----NO RFE!!!-----------

rmdlw2.png

"joms" information seems to be the most accurate... so walls1010, curious lang ako sa batas natin, you had your first marriage in the philippines, tapos you got married to a non-filipino a 2nd time in hongkong, which you did not report to the NSO. na-annul ba yung first marriage mo dun sa pinoy bago ka humingi ng divorce decree?

(ang pinsan ko kasi in the same situation so hindi pa sya makapag decide kung ano ang gagawin)

Just a simple analysis, no offense meant to walls1010:

If walls1010 previous husband is a filipino and they got married in the philippines then her 1st marriage is still valid. In case her previous husband get hold of her present marriage certificate (2nd marriage), he could file a case of bigamy to her since she is still legally married to her husband in the phillipines. Though a divorce had been filed in hongkong, it is not recognized in our country.

Technically, she is committing bigamy under the philippines law.

I'm no lawyer and i could be wrong...

No, the filipino husband can't file a bigamy case against her because she got married to the USC here in the US. Criminal cases are territorial, if the act is not committed in the Philippines, our criminal courts have no jurisdiction over it.

hahahaha Correct ka dyan kabayan! Kasama to sa BAR question na nainkwentro ko last year!!! Ang sarap ng Law no!

I am enjoying this thread.... :dance:

March 2007 - File AOS

I-751

Waiting for actual GC

----NO RFE!!!-----------

rmdlw2.png

hello to all my fellow filipinas member of this site... i am very curious about this matter.. there is a post here or quiry that i read.. its about marriage and divorce.... she was married here in the phil long time ago.. she went to other countries and now she is divorced to his 1st husband and now she have a bf and they filed a k1.... in k1 there is a req. of cenomar... right?... and there is no divorce here in our country right?.... what i know if she get a cenomar it will appear on that doc. she is still married here right?... then how this decree will help her...?

4. She found a foreigner boyfriend, she's probably back now in the Philippines, as the boyfriend is about to file K1 right?

Happyme,

Me remedy pa naman yong friend mo para maka-pag-file sya ng K1. Pa-annul nya yong kasal nya dun sa Pinoy. Para makapag-provide sya ng documents required sa pagpa-file ng K1. Kasi kung K1 sila, your friend must prove na me kapasidad syang mag-asawa ulit. Capacity to get married.

chizzy

March 2007 - File AOS

I-751

Waiting for actual GC

----NO RFE!!!-----------

rmdlw2.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Lane and daisy,

I am very confused now regarding CENOMAR, my lawyer told me to prepare Birth cert, NBI and Cenomar for my interview..I dont know if i can get CENOMAR since i am annulled.I have here my annotated marriage contract already. I will go to NSO office on monday ...

lyn

If you're annuled,you dont need cenomar,just bring ur annulment papers and ur annotated MC.i got my cenomar from NSO but the CO didnt ask for it,she just got my annulment docs and the annotated MC.

good luck on ur interview :star:

Happyme,

Me remedy pa naman yong friend mo para maka-pag-file sya ng K1. Pa-annul nya yong kasal nya dun sa Pinoy. Para makapag-provide sya ng documents required sa pagpa-file ng K1. Kasi kung K1 sila, your friend must prove na me kapasidad syang mag-asawa ulit. Capacity to get married.

chizzy

thank's po sa mga post nyo.. pero tita di ko sya friend nabasa ko lang d2 hehhe... at ska un nga po ang ipinagtataka ko kung pano...? kc k1 sya un ang aply nya ????....

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Hi Lane and daisy,

I am very confused now regarding CENOMAR, my lawyer told me to prepare Birth cert, NBI and Cenomar for my interview..I dont know if i can get CENOMAR since i am annulled.I have here my annotated marriage contract already. I will go to NSO office on monday ...

lyn

If you're annuled,you dont need cenomar,just bring ur annulment papers and ur annotated MC.i got my cenomar from NSO but the CO didnt ask for it,she just got my annulment docs and the annotated MC.

good luck on ur interview :star:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.