Lenie7

Has ANYONE received a September appointment for Montreal?

42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been meaning to ask... what IS this priority date that I've heard people speak of and what, if anything, does it mean? I saw on our NOA2 we have a date of March 17 2009 and I wondered what that was as we weren't even entered until March 25 or something?

Anyway, I'm trying hard not to get too stressed about the interview stuff -- I read the whole damn CR1 thread today just to see if I could come up with some sort of scheme that they follow but there's a really vague on at best...

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
What utter nonsense! I exchanged e-mails with the consulate today and they didn't have our case number as a pending case and said it must still be with the NVC. The consulate did indicated that they were done scheduling for the month of September, SO, I called the NVC and asked if I could speak with a supevisor. The person I spoke to said, "Why, the supervisor doesn't do the interview." Yeah, no kidding. After going round and round, it was back to the old, call back sometime between the 15th and 16th of September because the scheduling is done in the second week of the month.....this is a recording, please call back again, thank you....

How frustrating. Why don't they implement an online system? Wouldn't that make it SO much easier? Oh that's right, that would be giving us too much information.

How annoying!

After all that - did you actually get to speak with a supervisor?

Nope. The response was "why? The supervisor doesn't do the interviews!" So I dropped it. You get tired of beating your head up against a brick wall.

My wife did get an email from her lawyer (we thought we'd get all the information we could from all sources) and she said that this long of a wait in the summer months is not unusual. It can easily take four months to hear anything. She did offer to try to intervene if we get to mid-September with nothing (that would be 3.5 months), but I'm not sure the $$$$ will be worth it (I mean, they will come up with a date EVENTUALLY), and paying for two places to live for an extra month or two is likely cheaper than her fees for a probably fruitless intervention.

I suppose that I'm reassured in that NOBODY here has had September interviews. At least we're not being overlooked.

Timeline

So, on average, it can take 2-3 months to get an interview date after NVC finish? Wow, Montreal is slow...they should make another consulate issue CR-1's. Like Calgary, or Vancouver...>_< Thats kind of disgusting. LOL

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

Bern??? Geez, I was confuzzled there for a bit (confuzzled trademarked to Mal)

But yeah, I know, eh? it's a HUGE bummer. But I gotta be honest, I wouldn't mind the 2 or 3 months to interview from Case complete if i knew ASAP the date of the interview. This way, I can pack, send, organize and all that fun, fun, FUN stuff and have a really good idea of my time deadline. This way? It's too much like I'm at the mercy of someone else again .

I know. I have control issues... SO?

How're you doing with all your stuff?

So, on average, it can take 2-3 months to get an interview date after NVC finish? Wow, Montreal is slow...they should make another consulate issue CR-1's. Like Calgary, or Vancouver...>_< Thats kind of disgusting. LOL

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Timeline
I've been meaning to ask... what IS this priority date that I've heard people speak of and what, if anything, does it mean? I saw on our NOA2 we have a date of March 17 2009 and I wondered what that was as we weren't even entered until March 25 or something?

Anyway, I'm trying hard not to get too stressed about the interview stuff -- I read the whole damn CR1 thread today just to see if I could come up with some sort of scheme that they follow but there's a really vague on at best...

Steve,

Your lawyer wasn't really accurate in saying things are slow in summer. If you look back to last year, one case that was complete at NVC end of June had their interview end of August, and were done in 66 days or so.

It is really crazy how their is a total lack of consistency case to case, month to month, consulate to consulate! Also, why does only one consulate in Canada process interviews? Most countries have multiple locations, like Canada has multiple consulates that process Canadian Immigration of U.S Citizens in the U.S! Not Ottawa, Not Toronto, but Montreal?? The average NVC agent has as much information as a Tim Hortons Drive Thru employee.

Timeline

These days, it's 2-3 months if you are lucky. I think most are around 3 months, but I will be pushed out until October, which will make it 3 1/2 to 4 months, depending on the date. Of course, that's assuming I get a date in October. You're right that they should have at least one location in western Canada, because going to Montreal is inconvenient for many. Plus, it seems like Montreal is having a difficult time keeping up with the load. I think they used to process immigrant visas in Vancouver, but not any longer. Too bad...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah...my case was completed just now so when I called the NVC today, the operator recited the whole NVC folklore "done scheduling for Sept call back 3rd week of next month for possible appointment in Oct"...and I was like "really? in Oct in MTL? they have no clue about the workload of particular consular posts. So I guess anyone completed in Aug. is looking at Nov-Dec interview...

Timeline

Congrats Mikey78! Good to see you on the CR1 waiting for interview team !

Oh and here's my sadface at having to wait 'til December for an interview....

:(

Yeah...my case was completed just now so when I called the NVC today, the operator recited the whole NVC folklore "done scheduling for Sept call back 3rd week of next month for possible appointment in Oct"...and I was like "really? in Oct in MTL? they have no clue about the workload of particular consular posts. So I guess anyone completed in Aug. is looking at Nov-Dec interview...

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

So in looking this morning I see that there are 2 K1 visas scheduled for September.

One in Montreal and one in Vancouver.

The numbers are small, since it's only VJ people of course, however this kind of supports the whole, K1 visa interviews one month, IR1 the next.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profil...l=&id=38713

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profil...l=&id=62651

Timeline

Thanks Trailmix...

I know that VJ might make up only about 5% of the number of visas and stuff, but it strikes me that there are a very small number of us, really?

Just sayin'...

Thanks a lot for passing on what you found - anything is helpful...

:)

So in looking this morning I see that there are 2 K1 visas scheduled for September.

One in Montreal and one in Vancouver.

The numbers are small, since it's only VJ people of course, however this kind of supports the whole, K1 visa interviews one month, IR1 the next.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profil...l=&id=38713

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profil...l=&id=62651

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.