Lenie7

Has ANYONE received a September appointment for Montreal?

42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

One query I have though? I wonder why it is that consulates like Manila and such that have HUGE numbers of marriage-based immigration visas to process give out interviews like candy at a santa claus parade?

Whereas here in Canada, we don't have a ton but t hey have us waiting for months?

Just a curiosity that I have been wondering about...

Thanks guys...

LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
LGG, I could be proven wrong, but my best guess is that your interview will be October. Hopefully.

My wife's case was completed at the NVC on June 4th. We really hoped for an August interview, but it's going to be September, hopefully. We're still waiting to hear on an interview date. Based on the IR1/CR1 Montreal timeline posted elsewhere here I'm thinking it might be tomorrow that we hear, or next Tuesday (looks like everyone who had August interviews heard on July 23rd). All we can do is wait. *SIGH*.

Hi Steve,

Hopefully you will hear soon. I thought I had waited a long time and yours was completed a couple of weeks before mine! You're right, though, all we can do is wait, unfortunately.

Timeline
One query I have though? I wonder why it is that consulates like Manila and such that have HUGE numbers of marriage-based immigration visas to process give out interviews like candy at a santa claus parade?

Whereas here in Canada, we don't have a ton but t hey have us waiting for months?

Thanks guys...

LGG

I have no idea! It's interesting though - some consulates do hand out interviews left right and center - some, like Montreal, with a relatively low number to process - take months.

There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to this - well there probably is and we just don't know about it!

I have been, several times, to the consulate in Calgary. It closes to the public at 1:00 every day and is not particularly busy when it is open. Now granted, they no doubt do a lot of work behind the scenes - but why they couldn't throw a few interviews in there - who knows. They used to and discontinued it 10 years ago.

It seems to me that they just really don't give a damn. Obviously no one is putting any particular political pressure on the U.S. to provide decent service to Canadians. The interview wait times, the medical only available in 4 places, the huge trip to Montreal (for a lot of people) - says - we just don't care :lol:

I just did a quick search on the Canadian immigration website, there are 2 'panel' physicians in Alabama for applicants immigrating to Canada - just doing a brief sampling - there is also one in Alaska, one in Conneticut - I mean they probably have one or two in each State - 10 in California, including 4 in L.A. alone.

Timeline

Awww...

mebbe they just don't want us to leave???

Well... regardless... it is what it is but I sort of wondered as it's an easy interview for most of us -- it'd be nice to get it rolling...

Thanks for your in depth response, TM...

:)

Thanks guys...

LGG

I have no idea! It's interesting though - some consulates do hand out interviews left right and center - some, like Montreal, with a relatively low number to process - take months.

There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to this - well there probably is and we just don't know about it!

I have been, several times, to the consulate in Calgary. It closes to the public at 1:00 every day and is not particularly busy when it is open. Now granted, they no doubt do a lot of work behind the scenes - but why they couldn't throw a few interviews in there - who knows. They used to and discontinued it 10 years ago.

It seems to me that they just really don't give a damn. Obviously no one is putting any particular political pressure on the U.S. to provide decent service to Canadians. The interview wait times, the medical only available in 4 places, the huge trip to Montreal (for a lot of people) - says - we just don't care :lol:

I just did a quick search on the Canadian immigration website, there are 2 'panel' physicians in Alabama for applicants immigrating to Canada - just doing a brief sampling - there is also one in Alaska, one in Conneticut - I mean they probably have one or two in each State - 10 in California, including 4 in L.A. alone.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Another frustrating thing for me is that I know a couple of people who overstayed their visas in the U.S. and were living there illegally for a couple of years. When they married U.S. citizens, they were able to finish the adjustment of status process within 4 months and were given work authorization within 6 weeks. I am trying to do immigration correctly and legally and it is taking more than double that time. I guess the NVC probably has greater volume, but it still doesn't seem right. If we went over the border and adjusted status, we would have been done a long time ago....

Timeline
Another frustrating thing for me is that I know a couple of people who overstayed their visas in the U.S. and were living there illegally for a couple of years. When they married U.S. citizens, they were able to finish the adjustment of status process within 4 months and were given work authorization within 6 weeks. I am trying to do immigration correctly and legally and it is taking more than double that time. I guess the NVC probably has greater volume, but it still doesn't seem right. If we went over the border and adjusted status, we would have been done a long time ago....

True. I mean they have a loophole in their system for those people and many people use it - right or wrong.

It's hard to say if it's right or wrong - that loophole is there for a reason I suppose. I guess it's the old honesty system thing - I don't have any resentment towards those that do move to the U.S. and adjust status, personally. If it doesn't bother their conscience - so be it.

Timeline

True. I mean they have a loophole in their system for those people and many people use it - right or wrong.

It's hard to say if it's right or wrong - that loophole is there for a reason I suppose. I guess it's the old honesty system thing - I don't have any resentment towards those that do move to the U.S. and adjust status, personally. If it doesn't bother their conscience - so be it.

I agree with you. I'm not mad that they adjusted status based on a valid marriage - not at all. I guess it just seems like the out of country process is way less efficient, especially for Canadians! Oh well, no use worrying about it since I can't do too much about it. I'll have to wait like everyone else.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks guys...

LGG

Oh my god, I completely asked myself this too. Im Filipino/Canadian resident and I guess I could have get my K1 application processed in either country. Naturally I was getting my paperwork processed in Montreal because I live in Toronto but I was joking with my boyfriend last night that if I just had everything sent in Manila, we'd be married now... :P

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

Just tried calling the NVC because, well, it's hard to resist. Anyway, they said there was nothing on the file as yet, which I sure hope does NOT mean that we've been bumped over to October. I'm guessing it will be next week that we hear anything, if at all. *Sigh*.

Timeline
Just tried calling the NVC because, well, it's hard to resist. Anyway, they said there was nothing on the file as yet, which I sure hope does NOT mean that we've been bumped over to October. I'm guessing it will be next week that we hear anything, if at all. *Sigh*.

Yeah, I think you're right, unfortunately. I wonder if Montreal has restricted appointments (or no appointments) in September for CR1/IR1 visas. I think that's what happened in July when looking back through old threads. I hope not, but one never knows.

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, I think you're right, unfortunately. I wonder if Montreal has restricted appointments (or no appointments) in September for CR1/IR1 visas. I think that's what happened in July when looking back through old threads. I hope not, but one never knows.

Our CR-1 case was completed June 25/09 at NVC and we have not received an interview either. It is extremely frustrating because:

1) There is a total lack of information. The folks at NVC have very little information if at all, other than the obvious.

2) There is conflicting information. A) NVC does not send out interviews just in the first two weeks as evidenced by other members on this site contrary to what they say! B) We have e-mailed the Montreal Consulate and they do not even have a record of our case, it is NVC that does EVERYTHING! So, for some reason, NVC is assigning Montreal interviews way slower! C) The AVR System says 'allow 8 weeks to for further intsructions, well if they assign interviews only in the first two weeks, then they will be over their 8 weeks in September!

3) People in Manila, India, Pakistan, the UK, and tens and tens of other countries are getting interviews like their going out of style within two weeks, but for some reason, I agree with Trailmix Canadians do not have the same service standard. I joke with my wife that she married the wrong nationality! If anything being close neighbours sharing the largest undefended border they would at least allow for the same time frame! I think this is also a fairness issue for U.S Citizens to sort out.

4) Inconsistency in the time frame from individual to individual. Some Canadians get interviews and proceessed quicker than others, some have to wait an agonizing time frame. This is quite perplexing.

At the end of this all, it comes back to the same thing, all we can do is wait! I wish everyone the p

P.S it might be easier to take up residence in another country and then apply from there, the way things are going for Canadians!

Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit. Napoleon Hill

Timeline

What utter nonsense! I exchanged e-mails with the consulate today and they didn't have our case number as a pending case and said it must still be with the NVC. The consulate did indicated that they were done scheduling for the month of September, SO, I called the NVC and asked if I could speak with a supevisor. The person I spoke to said, "Why, the supervisor doesn't do the interview." Yeah, no kidding. After going round and round, it was back to the old, call back sometime between the 15th and 16th of September because the scheduling is done in the second week of the month.....this is a recording, please call back again, thank you....

How frustrating. Why don't they implement an online system? Wouldn't that make it SO much easier? Oh that's right, that would be giving us too much information.

Timeline
What utter nonsense! I exchanged e-mails with the consulate today and they didn't have our case number as a pending case and said it must still be with the NVC. The consulate did indicated that they were done scheduling for the month of September, SO, I called the NVC and asked if I could speak with a supevisor. The person I spoke to said, "Why, the supervisor doesn't do the interview." Yeah, no kidding. After going round and round, it was back to the old, call back sometime between the 15th and 16th of September because the scheduling is done in the second week of the month.....this is a recording, please call back again, thank you....

How frustrating. Why don't they implement an online system? Wouldn't that make it SO much easier? Oh that's right, that would be giving us too much information.

How annoying!

After all that - did you actually get to speak with a supervisor?

Timeline

It is frustrating. The guy I spoke to at the NVC on Monday was really unmotivated (mumbling) and kind of rude. Earlier in the process, a "supervisor" told me they would call me back with a clarification about an item on the RFE, but she never did, so I had to guess at what they wanted (I had already sent the info they requested). It would make me feel better if they seemed like they cared at all.

I am just a few weeks after you, so I am sure that we will most likely be scheduled in October. Plus, we both have really early priority dates (mine is November '08) which I assume they take into account. Of course, assuming may not be the smartest thing to do considering the circumstances.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.