roughsweet

co-sponsor answers on I-134

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I posted this question in the UK forum, since we'll be using the London embassy, but I didn't get a response from anyone who had been there/ done this, soooooo...I'm hoping someone speaking from experience can help me.

On the I-134, here are questions 10 and 11...

10. I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following person(s). If none, state "none"

11. I __ intend __ do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3.

Okay. So, I know there is some debate over whether to answer "yes" or "N/A" for question 11, depending on the particular embassy. Which is why I originally posted in the UK forum. And I need to know if the answers are different for the USC and the co-sponsor, since the co-sponsor didn't submit a petition. It would be FANTASTIC if I could get an answer from someone who has been approved through the London Embassy.

I need to know what I should answer for each of these questions (I am the USC). And what my co-sponsor should answer for each of these questions.

Again, I'd love to hear the answers of someone who got approved through the London embassy using a co-sponsor.

Thanks so much for any help. I've read so many differing takes on this, so many cooks chiming in, that my head is swimming, two little questions causing so much grief! But I don't want to get "approved pending the correct answers" or worse.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I posted this question in the UK forum, since we'll be using the London embassy, but I didn't get a response from anyone who had been there/ done this, soooooo...I'm hoping someone speaking from experience can help me.

10. I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following person(s). If none, state "none"

11. I __ intend __ do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3.

Okay. So, I know there is some debate over whether to answer "yes" or "N/A" for question 11, depending on the particular embassy. Which is why I originally posted in the UK forum. And I need to know if the answers are different for the USC and the co-sponsor, since the co-sponsor didn't submit a petition. It would be FANTASTIC if I could get an answer from someone who has been approved through the London Embassy.

I need to know what I should answer for each of these questions (I am the USC). And what my co-sponsor should answer for each of these questions.

Again, I'd love to hear the answers of someone who got approved through the London embassy using a co-sponsor.

Thanks so much for any help. I've read so many differing takes on this, so many cooks chiming in, that my head is swimming, two little questions causing so much grief! But I don't want to get "approved pending the correct answers" or worse.

I am just a "cook" so do what you want with the info.

The questions on the form arent specific to London so neither are the answers. The right answer is a truthful answer.

Yes you filed a petition. The 129.

The other question is asking people if they intend to only supply a specific amount of support. This could apply to your co- sponsor for example. As for your answer we have to assume you will provide all support required for her support, so the answer is " do not.

What you do need is a specific answer about a co-sponsored 134. Some embassies will allow them & some will not. Some will not allow a co-sponsor that isnt a direct relative for example.

Dont worry about " approved pending the correct answers" . They wont ask you to give a second responce. The case will be determined by the information you supply.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

The questions on the form arent specific to London so neither are the answers. The right answer is a truthful answer.

The other question is asking people if they intend to only supply a specific amount of support. This could apply to your co- sponsor for example. As for your answer we have to assume you will provide all support required for her support, so the answer is " do not.

What you do need is a specific answer about a co-sponsored 134. Some embassies will allow them & some will not. Some will not allow a co-sponsor that isnt a direct relative for example.

Dont worry about " approved pending the correct answers" . They wont ask you to give a second responce. The case will be determined by the information you supply.

Thanks for responding. :) And I know the questions are not specific to London, but some of the answers are. For example I've read on different threads that London wants you to answer to number 11, "N/A: I-129F visa process". But I've also read that there is one interviewer in London who denies you if the answer isn't "yes." As far as number 10 goes, I know I filed a petition, I was wondering more what my sister (our co-sponsor) should say for that one, since she did not file a petition.

I of course will provide support for HIM (my fiance, I'm the USC and a girl :) ) until he gets his EAD. I'm not trying to just say what they want to hear, but I do want to provide them with the answers to get us approved, of course. That's why I said "so many cooks." I don't mean anything bad by that, everyone here is so helpful for answering...just that on this particular topic, I can't seem to get the same answer twice. And I thought there must be someone out there who has been approved through London with a co-sponsor who could tell me what was written on their I-134 and what was written on their co-sponsor's, that resulted in an approval.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks for responding. :) And I know the questions are not specific to London, but some of the answers are. For example I've read on different threads that London wants you to answer to number 11, "N/A: I-129F visa process". But I've also read that there is one interviewer in London who denies you if the answer isn't "yes." As far as number 10 goes, I know I filed a petition, I was wondering more what my sister (our co-sponsor) should say for that one, since she did not file a petition.

I of course will provide support for HIM (my fiance, I'm the USC and a girl :) ) until he gets his EAD. I'm not trying to just say what they want to hear, but I do want to provide them with the answers to get us approved, of course. That's why I said "so many cooks." I don't mean anything bad by that, everyone here is so helpful for answering...just that on this particular topic, I can't seem to get the same answer twice. And I thought there must be someone out there who has been approved through London with a co-sponsor who could tell me what was written on their I-134 and what was written on their co-sponsor's, that resulted in an approval.

The cook was trying to be funny. I know what you mean. We all want you to succeed.

I would think either answer is ok but " yes " should be better. The officers are trained & have a criteria to follow themselves.

Your sister would answer just as you said. They will understand the responce.

Your case will be decided on its own merits. I may not understand the problem correctly but I think what you need to focus on is the fact that between you & your sister you can support him until he goes to work. That is what they want to see. Evidence that shows he wont need tax payer based support. In your case the 134 s will indicate how he will be supported & it should be good enough.

I would hope that they would allow some simple explanation of a given answer if they dont understand the intent. In my case the officer did exactly that.

Hopefully someone with London experiance will provide the specific info you need if you think its going to help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Follow what is shown in the EXAMPLE FORM here on VJ for both petitioner and co-sponsor. If the co-sponsor is a family member then they can put "future XXX in law", etc. If a friend put friend.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

10. List your fiancee (for your I-134) The co-sponsor would state "none"

11. NA K-1 visa for permanent residency. There is no debate. The question is not applicable to a permanent residency visa. The form is used for many visas.

The answers are identical for any consulate.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.