Inky

MTL visa package

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Im curious, talking to a friend her visa package was different and it was from vancouver. Mine is from MTL.

Has anyone else gotten 2 large 8x11 manila(brown yellow) type envelopes labled 1/2 and 2/2 along with their visa and a paper saying do not open do not pack, carry with you and give to home land security on entry?

Side note - canada post left it sitting on my door step half ripped open, wide enough that the passport could have fallen out or been seen and stolen. Im very appauled at this!! no one knocked or called or anything!! and it has a giant sticker saying signature required on delivery.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Im curious, talking to a friend her visa package was different and it was from vancouver. Mine is from MTL.

Has anyone else gotten 2 large 8x11 manila(brown yellow) type envelopes labled 1/2 and 2/2 along with their visa and a paper saying do not open do not pack, carry with you and give to home land security on entry?

Side note - canada post left it sitting on my door step half ripped open, wide enough that the passport could have fallen out or been seen and stolen. Im very appauled at this!! no one knocked or called or anything!! and it has a giant sticker saying signature required on delivery.

I think ours was 2 envelopes - but yes, every single person here who got a visa gets those, you give them to the person at your POE, it is your paperwork for them to enter in to the system.

You should call Canada post and report what happened.

Timeline

mh okay cus she got only one envelope in hers haha i wanna look inside them, prolly just generic paper work tho.

Also my A# is only 8 numbers and the red number on my visa is only 8 numbers too, she said that all her numbers are 9 numbers long?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

Yah - I remember Canada post stuffed mine into my tiny little cubby in my apartment - freaked me out because it had my passport for pete's sake.

I wouldn't worry about the length of the numbers....mine starts with a zeroon my GC - so technically it's 8 with a zero in front

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
mh okay cus she got only one envelope in hers haha i wanna look inside them, prolly just generic paper work tho.

Also my A# is only 8 numbers and the red number on my visa is only 8 numbers too, she said that all her numbers are 9 numbers long?

You add a 0 to the front of your A# - Mine was only 8 numbers too and then when I went through the POE the guard added a zero to my I-94.

The envelope has your initial petition in it, your medical results and the forms you are giving them at the interview. If you sent them a lot of pictures or stuff and paperwork then that's probably why you have two envelopes, maybe it all couldn't fit into one.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

we did have quite a bit of paper cus of his divorce papers, thats prly why its 2 packets then. Thanks for the clarification!! im so glad nothing was stolen out of the packet shesh!!

You add a 0 to the front of your A# - Mine was only 8 numbers too and then when I went through the POE the guard added a zero to my I-94.

The envelope has your initial petition in it, your medical results and the forms you are giving them at the interview. If you sent them a lot of pictures or stuff and paperwork then that's probably why you have two envelopes, maybe it all couldn't fit into one.

Timeline

thank youuu :star:

They left my expresspost envelope in my mailbox. I took it down to the post office to say "HEY I PAID FOR SIGNATURE" and rip a strip off them for just leaving it, considering what was inside. I got a shrudge and a "well you got it didn't you" I said I want my $2 bucks back that I paid for a signature request. She said, that's alot of paperwork to fill out for $2. bucks, ...I said you better get started then. I was ticked! Mine was just one brown envelope with the big notice not to open on it with an elastic around it and my passport under the elastic, with a letter. :whistle:

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Timeline

no elastic here or letter!

They left my expresspost envelope in my mailbox. I took it down to the post office to say "HEY I PAID FOR SIGNATURE" and rip a strip off them for just leaving it, considering what was inside. I got a shrudge and a "well you got it didn't you" I said I want my $2 bucks back that I paid for a signature request. She said, that's alot of paperwork to fill out for $2. bucks, ...I said you better get started then. I was ticked! Mine was just one brown envelope with the big notice not to open on it with an elastic around it and my passport under the elastic, with a letter. :whistle:

:lol: Good for you! Hope you got your $2.00 back!

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.