Joe and Juliet

Different Packet 3 Instructions for Bangkok Consulate (K1)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all,

I just want to ask those who have done all the paper works for K1 in Bangkok Consulate.

In the Packet 3 checklist that I received it says:

First: Obtain all documents on this list that apply to your case.

Second: As soon as you have obtained ALL the documents required to process your case, you must send them to this office with a completed and signed Form DS 2001.

But in this website : http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/k_visa_packet3.pdf, it says:

Step 1: prepare all documents on this checklist. All documents must be obtained and in your possession before the

interview can be scheduled.

Step 2. Once you have all the documents in your possession, complete and sign this Checklist of Documents and

return it with your DS 230 Part 1, a photocopy of passport photo page for each applicant and two

photographs for each applicants to the embassy by mail..

Step 3. Your interview will be scheduled when we received the items in step 2. You

must bring all of the other items on the checklist with you at the time of your

interview.

In this above mentioned website, I understood it to mean I only need to sign the checklist of documents, and send in two documents; the DS 230 Part 1 and DS 156 so the consulate can schedule the interview.

I have all the papers ready except for the police clearance from Bangkok Police which would be released on August 25, 2009 (3 weeks from application date). I want to send the Packet 3 documents now to get an early interview appointment date rather than wait for August 25.

Is it possible to send only the signed checklist, DS 230 Part I and DS 156 and bring all other documents on the day of the interview? Is there anyone out here who have done this? Please help and thanks in advance for the response.

Our Visa Journey Time line:

I-129F Application*** 2009-01-16

I-229F NOA1******* 2009-02-06 (21 days after initial application)

I-129F NOA2******* 2009-06-30 (144 days after NOA1)

Packet 3 Recd****** 2009-08-01 (31 days from NOA2)

Hi all,

I just want to ask those who have done all the paper works for K1 in Bangkok Consulate.

Second: As soon as you have obtained ALL the documents required to process your case, you must send them to this office with a completed and signed Form DS 2001.

But in this website : http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/k_visa_packet3.pdf, it says:

Step 1: prepare all documents on this checklist. All documents must be obtained and in your possession before the

Step 2. Once you have all the documents in your possession, complete and sign this Checklist of Documents and

return it with your DS 230 Part 1, a photocopy of passport photo page for each applicant and two

Step 3. Your interview will be scheduled when we received the items in step 2. You

interview.

In this above mentioned website, I understood it to mean I only need to sign the checklist of documents, and send in two documents; the DS 230 Part 1 and DS 156 so the consulate can schedule the interview.

I have all the papers ready except for the police clearance from Bangkok Police which would be released on August 25, 2009 (3 weeks from application date). I want to send the Packet 3 documents now to get an early interview appointment date rather than wait for August 25.

Is it possible to send only the signed checklist, DS 230 Part I and DS 156 and bring all other documents on the day of the interview? Is there anyone out here who have done this? Please help and thanks in advance for the response.

Hey Brother Joe,

First of all, I did my Package 3 paperwork a few years ago, but I believe that the process is still 'overall' the same now as it was then.

Back then, I did not wait for my package 3 paperwork to come in the snailmail for my 'now wife'. I followed the internet instruction 100%. I still chat with a lot of Thai couples on VJ and I would speculate that the majority of those folks also follow the website instructions. In fact, I know for fact of several couples who also did not wait on the snailmail Package 3, and did as I did by downloading the forms from the internet and following those instructions from the internet.

In fact, I remember that it was almost a month after downloading the forms from the internet and sending them in, before my 'then fiancee' received the Package 3 in snailmail. I remember we looked at it together, and it really was a sloppy package. Some of the forms were even outdated! However, I kept this Package 3 as a 'souvenier' <haha>

You'll do fine following the instruction and downloading the Package 3 forms from the the BKK consulate website.

Peace to you and your fiancee and congrats on your visa journey thus far! Sounds like it is going well!

MarkNAAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Timeline
Hi all,

interview.

Hey Brother Joe,

First of all, I did my Package 3 paperwork a few years ago, but I believe that the process is still 'overall' the same now as it was then.

Back then, I did not wait for my package 3 paperwork to come in the snailmail for my 'now wife'. I followed the internet instruction 100%. I still chat with a lot of Thai couples on VJ and I would speculate that the majority of those folks also follow the website instructions. In fact, I know for fact of several couples who also did not wait on the snailmail Package 3, and did as I did by downloading the forms from the internet and following those instructions from the internet.

In fact, I remember that it was almost a month after downloading the forms from the internet and sending them in, before my 'then fiancee' received the Package 3 in snailmail. I remember we looked at it together, and it really was a sloppy package. Some of the forms were even outdated! However, I kept this Package 3 as a 'souvenier' <haha>

You'll do fine following the instruction and downloading the Package 3 forms from the the BKK consulate website.

Peace to you and your fiancee and congrats on your visa journey thus far! Sounds like it is going well!

MarkNAAm

Hey Mark, Thanks so much for the response and peace to you too, Brother..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm curious about this also. Our NOA2 was approved so now we're working on filling out the packet 3 documents.

We have not received the packet 3 letter yet though.

The instructions I downloaded (PDF file, I forget where I got it) said to send in almost everything, but the BKK consulate instructions on the web just says have everything ready to go and only return a couple of forms and the photos.

Anybody else do this recently? Are they changing things?

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 7, 2009 and August 22, 2009.

NOA2: July 23, 2009.

Intervew: Sep. 28, 2009 APPROVED

I arrive BKK Oct 29.

Marriage ceremony (non-legal) 6 a.m. Nov 2, 2552 Hua Hin, Thailand.

Arrive PDX Nov 7.

U.S. Marriage: 20-Dec-2009 Salem, OR

AOS filed 06-FEB-2010 (last possible day for valid postmark)

AOS Interview - APPROVED - 06-MAY-2010

Timeline

Hi Alan,

I'm glad you responded. I thought I was the only one who got confused with the different info. It's a pity that very few people responded to this question. Well, I have only a week before I get the police clearance so I have left with no options but to send all required documents.

Thanks again for responding and good luck to you and to us!

Timeline

The instructions on the website are outdated. The instructions listed in the packet are the correct ones. Most everything must be returned with Packet3, with the exception of the relationship evidence and a couple originals of items, but they want copies of those. If you go search the Sawdadee thread it has tons of information about the new packet 3 and what should be sent in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.