rockhouse

Calling the USEM...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now that we are waiting for the NVC to forward our case to USEM, is it best to just wait for them to contact my fiancee, or go ahead and call them to check and see if they have received it already?

Do they charge the $18.00 if i want to call and inquire if they have received our case from the NVC, or do they just charge for the call that sets up the interview? The reason i ask, (in case you didn't see my earlier threads), is that my fiancee wants to knock-out the medical ASAP.

Also, how do they charge the $18.00? I use a cell phone for all my calls, i don't have a land-line at all....how do they charge the fee?

Thanks.

Edited by rockhouse
29ngqhd.jpg

u might want to check this link

good luck

abby n sheryl

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhniv1.html#Step3

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Timeline

Hey rockhouse. I don't think you will be charged for calling to inquire whether they have received your case yet but once they do they will give you a pin number and you can make two calls for 18 dollars, regardless of what you are calling for then you have to pay again if you need to make further inquiries and get a new pin number. They charge your credit/debit card. I know, It's a freakn joke..18 dollars to ask a question. Gimme a break. Good luck and remember to ask them everything you can think of while you have them on the phone the first time you call and definately the second time if necessary. Take care man. Were pullin for you guys. Mike

Edited by MikenKyhen

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Now that we are waiting for the NVC to forward our case to USEM, is it best to just wait for them to contact my fiancee, or go ahead and call them to check and see if they have received it already?

Do they charge the $18.00 if i want to call and inquire if they have received our case from the NVC, or do they just charge for the call that sets up the interview? The reason i ask, (in case you didn't see my earlier threads), is that my fiancee wants to knock-out the medical ASAP.

Also, how do they charge the $18.00? I use a cell phone for all my calls, i don't have a land-line at all....how do they charge the fee?

Thanks.

Just so you know many people have used the code they give you to make many, many and even many more than the 3 they say you get for $18.00, or 2 if they changed it since I got mine.

And yes, it is a charged call to make the call. I'm not sure but I don't see why you would need a landline, you could use the code on you cell phone.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

After NVC forwarded your case to USEM wait a week or two before you call them because it will take awhile before the USEM will included your case in the system. To answer your question, for me its better to call them and schedule your interview in your convenient date and if incase there is a problem with your fiancee's medical, you can always call again USEM and have the schedule appointment move to a later date.

Calling from US they will charge you with that amount through your credit card. Once you dial the designated number they will need a pin number and you can only have it when you buy over phone.

Thanks.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Timeline
Hey rockhouse. I don't think you will be charged for calling to inquire whether they have received your case yet but once they do they will give you a pin number and you can make two calls for 18 dollars, regardless of what you are calling for then you have to pay again if you need to make further inquiries and get a new pin number. They charge your credit/debit card. I know, It's a freakn joke..18 dollars to ask a question. Gimme a break. Good luck and remember to ask them everything you can think of while you have them on the phone the first time you call and definately the second time if necessary. Take care man. Were pullin for you guys. Mike

I was diggin around in that link AbbynSheryl provided and i think that ALL calls, regardless for what, are charged the $18.

What a racket! It seems like you could atleast inquire whether they have received your case without paying them!

29ngqhd.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I was diggin around in that link AbbynSheryl provided and i think that ALL calls, regardless for what, are charged the $18.

What a racket! It seems like you could atleast inquire whether they have received your case without paying them!

No you are not charged for every call...

I used my PIN many times (more then 3) already and usually the PIN is valid for many many months...you will see the PIN expiration date on email sent to fiance after call to setup first interview...

The $18 charge is a one time charge to you credit card.....and you will be able to use multiple times...I have done it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.