louisthani

Passport Photo and Length of I-129F missing data?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I sent my packet out today for the I-129F for my fiancee, and oops I noticed something about the passport photo that she had sent me (she has long black hair and her ears are hidden)

Well her ears are even hidden on her countries passport too... :P

But do you think the I-129F process is picky on the passport photo of her as opposed to the 2 passport photos that she must get again for the packet 3, which I can obviously correct the mistake.

I am curious if when something in the I-129F was not adequate, does it double the wait for the I-129F? sending you off some letter saying they need new photo.

I think I am overreacting about it.

I sure hope my I-129F was adequate and will make it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I sent my packet out today for the I-129F for my fiancee, and oops I noticed something about the passport photo that she had sent me (she has long black hair and her ears are hidden)

But do you think the I-129F process is picky on the passport photo of her as opposed to the 2 passport photos that she must get again for the packet 3, which I can obviously correct the mistake.

I am curious if when something in the I-129F was not adequate, does it double the wait for the I-129F? sending you off some letter saying they need new photo.

I do not know if there will be a problem with the photos. They are not in "compliance" though they may overlook it. Iw will depend on the adjudicator that handles your case.

I doubt an RFE "doubles" the amount of time to process an I-129f, though it could, depends on what the RFE is for. I doubt an RFE fpr photos would delay the process for more than a few weeks. The mail time alone (for them) will add at least a week, then when you respond (how long will it take you to get the photos?) it will be another week or two before you get back in the "system".

I do not know if there will be a problem with the photos. They are not in "compliance" though they may overlook it. Iw will depend on the adjudicator that handles your case.

I doubt an RFE "doubles" the amount of time to process an I-129f, though it could, depends on what the RFE is for. I doubt an RFE fpr photos would delay the process for more than a few weeks. The mail time alone (for them) will add at least a week, then when you respond (how long will it take you to get the photos?) it will be another week or two before you get back in the "system".

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just a little advice. Before this process is over, you will need LOTS of passport photos, like 12-15 (depending how many the medical clinic wants and the forms you file with AOS) so you may as well get some done now, correctly, and have them if you get an RFE. When we started this process we made about 15 or so photos (I forget exactly) and used the same ones from the petition to the AOS. There was ONE left when we got done.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Well yes, oh speaking of medical, the thailand medical is totally different than passport by using 3 photos that are 1x1.5" I found it in the packet 4 instructions for the US embassy for Thailand.

Well I overlooked the ears part because the I-129F instructions wasnt detailed on that part, only the packet 3 instructions were.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just a little advice. Before this process is over, you will need LOTS of passport photos, like 12-15 (depending how many the medical clinic wants and the forms you file with AOS) so you may as well get some done now, correctly, and have them if you get an RFE. When we started this process we made about 15 or so photos (I forget exactly) and used the same ones from the petition to the AOS. There was ONE left when we got done.

Agreed, no one can guess if you will or won't get an RFE but it won't hurt to have a few passport pictures already in your possesion in case you do.

Best of luck. :thumbs:

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

We have a lot of extra photos that we could use for AOS but the forms say the pics must have been taken within 30 days of the filing. What are the chances that they would know (or care) that the pics are the same as submitted previously with either the I-129F of the visa application??

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Timeline
We have a lot of extra photos that we could use for AOS but the forms say the pics must have been taken within 30 days of the filing. What are the chances that they would know (or care) that the pics are the same as submitted previously with either the I-129F of the visa application??

I have no idea, but is AOS office same as those who saw the I-129F originally? if its seperate place maybe its okay to use the older photos.

Well my first I-129F that I filed toward a K3 to the Vermont Service center for my ex-wife in 2002 only took 2 weeks! for an NOA2. I miss those timeframes. and I did not include any photos with that, probably not necessary cause it was for K3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I'm a little confused...is the issue the fact that her ears were hidden?

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ears hidden was not a problem on the original 129 F application.

When we got to the interview at the Rio consulate it was a problem, had new fotos taken with ears showing.

Foto shop was within a block of the consulate.

Better to have numerous fotos with ears showing to be safe.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.