Brian&Naty

Naty is in the air and on her way

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The flightview says Naty is between Guam and Honolulu. The roaming is not working on her cellphone but her fellow K-1 friend is on the same flight with her. I am getting messages relayed via the boyfriend here. Thank God for teamwork.

24 hours left. I have not kissed or held my sweetheart in over 2 years. I feel "surreal" at the moment. I decided to go get Naty alone. She will be tired and I am sure she will want to rest. My friends want to be there to lend support and I would like a photo of that first Embrace.

What do you think out there in VJ land? Or, what has been your experience. Input welcomed.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-26

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

NVC Left : 2009-02-09

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-07-16

Visa Received : 2009-07-22

US Entry : 2009-08-11

Marriage : 2009-08-21

Comments : She recived the first notice from Manila on Valentines day. Perfect timing.

The first setback came during the medical. Naty had to do the 3 day sputum and then we waited 2 months for the results. YESSSS>came back negative

Went for her interview on July 16th and received her Pink Slip......Finally. Paid the AIR21 and I expect her here August 10th, 2009. Marriage will be August 21st, exactly 4 years to the day that we first met.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband's family members and friends were there to meet us at the airport. It's actually a different situation from you since he was with me on the flight.

But for a personal opinion, you can take a few friends with you to meet her. That should perhaps make her feel welcomed having other people aside from you. And yeah, you need someone to take pictures of those precious moments. Friends can do it for you. Also, your friends can go home after welcoming and chatting with her "for a few minutes" because indeed she needs a rest after a very long, tiring flight. You and her can spend more time with friends later.

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
The flightview says Naty is between Guam and Honolulu. The roaming is not working on her cellphone but her fellow K-1 friend is on the same flight with her. I am getting messages relayed via the boyfriend here. Thank God for teamwork.

24 hours left. I have not kissed or held my sweetheart in over 2 years. I feel "surreal" at the moment. I decided to go get Naty alone. She will be tired and I am sure she will want to rest. My friends want to be there to lend support and I would like a photo of that first Embrace.

What do you think out there in VJ land? Or, what has been your experience. Input welcomed.

I think its best you go alone. She will be tired and meeting other people will be stressful and more so when dead tired. chances are she will not sleep on her flight here. Plenty of time to meet others later, let her get comfortable with you and new suroundings.....

xl91yv7f.png

In my own opinion, going alone is better if she's the shy kind, it will make her comfortable ( you've been away from each other for so long and you don't want her not to be able to show you how she misses you because she's uncomfortable) but if she's the outgoing type then going with your close friends or family is good.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

when its time for me to fly, i would prefer my husband to meet me alone. i can always meet friends the next day.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If she's anything like my wife (then fiancee) was, she'll be very tired after such a long flight and all she's going to want to do is spend time with you, eat some decent food, and get some rest.

I went alone, but I made the mistake of taking my then fiancee to a family New Year's party two days after she got here. I felt so bad for her because my parents, aunts, uncles and cousins kept grilling her about everything because they wanted to get to know her a bit, and all she wanted to do was sleep. It didn't help that the heat in my aunt and uncle's house went out during the visit.

My advice... Go alone. Save introducing your friends to her for a time when she's gotten over her jetlag a bit. That way, she won't have to deal with overcoming any shyness along with jellagged at the same time.

You'll have plenty of time for photos of the two of you once she feels human again.

Edited by jsnearline

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

i dont think you need to ask this questions in the forum...you should have asked your fiancee that because shes the one who will meet all your friends not us...heller...hehehhehhe

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

i dont think you need to ask this questions in the forum...you should have asked your fiancee that because shes the one who will meet all your friends not us...heller...hehehhehhe

:rofl: i agree :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.