Ju_Dan

Translate Brazilian Address on I129F?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello,

Do I need to translate a Brazilian address on my form I-129F?

E.g., should I translate "Rua Sao Paulo 2100" to "Sao Paulo Street 2100?"

"Avenida do Contorno" to "Contorno Avenue?"

The consulate/embassy will use the address to send documents to my fiance, correct? Just don't want to mess this up...

Also, it's normal in Brazil for the street number to be placed after the street name. Should I leave it like that, or switch the order to number first as in the U.S.?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hello,

The consulate/embassy will use the address to send documents to my fiance, correct? Just don't want to mess this up...

Also, it's normal in Brazil for the street number to be placed after the street name. Should I leave it like that, or switch the order to number first as in the U.S.?

Thanks in advance.

I wrote the addresses in Portuguese exactly as they appear when I send a letter or package to my fiance. I didn't have any problem, and we already have our interview date. Since the mail is being delivered likely by someone who only speaks Portuguese, it is best to write the addresses the way they appear on the street signs etc. in Brasil. Good luck on your journey!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

I would. I did for our petition. There is a place to write the name and address in the native language/alphabet, for other uses, translate it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I actually wouldn't. It's not like the address is in the Cyrillic alphabet. Street names are proper nouns, so there's no real translation available. It's very easy for me to imagine a postal employee being messed up by reading a "translated" address. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if a package to "Plaza San Diego" got lost by a Spanish-speaking mail man if it was addressed to "St. James Square."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

I don't recall there having been a spot for adress in native alphabet only their name in the native alphabet. If there is a spot for adress in native alphabet I would do as you are suggesting (translate the adress).

However if there isn't I would not. Any records that the immigration people might be trying to get off of an adress would not be searchable by their english spelling, I would think.

If you are concerned you can always attach it on a seperate sheet and let the adjuticator decide which on to use.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Just type the address as it is, keep the "Rua or Av. or Praça" in front of the street name as keep the street number after street name. As mention before, the Brazilian address needs to be understood for Brazilian Mail system ;)

A few examples for you about Brazilian street address:

Rua Sao Paulo, 2100 --- this one usualy goes for houses

Rua Sao Paulo, 2100 apto 102 --- this one goes for apartments

Rua Sao Paulo, 2100 apto 102 Bl.C --- this one goes for apartments, like condos with more than 2 buildings on same address

Hope it helps, and feel free to ask if you have any other question

Beinha

My life is perfect now, I'm here with my love and everything is great! I feel blessed, thank you God for all your plans, they are way better than I could have ever asked for.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.