Shad and Dani

Need Help with Question 36 on the DS156 Form!!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

What should we answer for the following question?

"Has anyone ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf? yes or no"

I filed the I-129F for her, but no one else has filed for her in the past. I ask this question because I understand the K1 is a NON-immigrant visa, but we are required to complete form 230I - Application for IMMIGRANT visa and Alien Registration.

It's really confusing :wacko: Is the K1 an Immigrant or Non-Immigrant visa?

Also, what should we answer for the "In what occupation do you intend to work in the United States?" question on the 230I? She might get a job if she gets an EAD during the AOS, but I don't want them to think she is looking for a job right away because the K1 visa doesn't give her the right to work. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer! :)

Hello Everyone,

I filed the I-129F for her, but no one else has filed for her in the past. I ask this question because I understand the K1 is a NON-immigrant visa, but we are required to complete form 230I - Application for IMMIGRANT visa and Alien Registration.

Also, what should we answer for the "In what occupation do you intend to work in the United States?" question on the 230I? She might get a job if she gets an EAD during the AOS, but I don't want them to think she is looking for a job right away because the K1 visa doesn't give her the right to work. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer! :)

"In what occupation do you intend to work in the United States?"

No immediate plans to work!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
Hello Everyone,

Thanks! :thumbs: That clears one question up. Anyone know about the DS156 filing question?

Thanks! :thumbs: That clears one question up. Anyone know about the DS156 filing question?

Just a little confused about what you're asking. (By the way - you're probably referring to the DS-230 not the 230I.)

Have you received your packet and instructions from the Embassy/Consulate?

(K-1 is a Non-Immigrant visa with immigrantion intent.)

Edited by Otto und Karin

Timeline

Just a little confused about what you're asking. (By the way - you're probably referring to the DS-230 not the 230I.)

This is the only time I have ever filed a petition for her, and no one else has ever filed a petition on her behalf. Should she answer "yes" and fill in my name? Or answer "no"? Thanks again for your help :)

OP is talking about the DS 156 visa application form for nonimmigramt visas.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

This is the only time I have ever filed a petition for her, and no one else has ever filed a petition on her behalf. Should she answer "yes" and fill in my name? Or answer "no"? Thanks again for your help :)

Got it.

The answer to the "Has anyone ever filed....." question would be "No" if the only petition ever filed for your fiancé is your current I-129f (which apparently is the case).

:thumbs:

Timeline

Got it.

The answer to the "Has anyone ever filed....." question would be "No" if the only petition ever filed for your fiancé is your current I-129f (which apparently is the case).

:thumbs:

Thanks! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

:wow:

So ur out of AP? that's great :dancing:

K-1 is a non-immigrant visa.

Put "NO" on that question, because before you no one ever filed a petition for Dani (as far as i know). ;)

I spoke to an NVC rep for that same question on DS-230. As I intend to study they said to put "Student", if have not decided yet, put "Undecided".

Best wishes, ttys :) Ani

bulgaria_mwp.gifusa_mwp.gif

CSC USCIS ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-02-19 : I-130 package sent_________________2009-02-20 : I-130 Received in Chicago, IL

2009-02-27 : NOA1 Approved____________________2009-05-04 : NOA2 Approved

NVC ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-05-11 : NVC case # assigned

2009-05-19 : DS-3032/AOS Bill Generated__________2009-05-20 : DS-3032 e-mailed; AOS/I-864 Bill (paid online $70)

2009-05-26 : Sent In Completed I-864

2009-06-04 : e-mailed DS-3032 accepted by NVC____2009-06-04 : IV Fee bill generated, paid online $400

2009-06-08 : DS-230 mailed to NVC

2009-07-10 : Case complete - in 141 days

2009-07-21 : Interview expedite request e-mailed to NVC

2009-07-27 : NVC replied NO to expedite request

2009-07-29 : NVC e-mailed an interview date for Sept.15th

2009-08-07 : Case left NVC

2009-08-10 : DHL shipped file

2009-08-12 : Case received in USEM, Sofia

2009-08-24 : Medical scheduled

2009-08-25 : Interview re-scheduled

2009-08-28 : Visa in hand

2009-09-01 : US entry - Boston, MA

2009-09-15 : Welcome letter sent (21st Sept received)

2009-09-30 : GC production ordered

2009-10-08 : GC received

2010-02-01 : little D was born :)

VSC ~ROC~ Journey

2011-06-03 : mailed ROC package

2011-06-06: ROC NOA1

2011-07-08: Biometrics appointment

2012-02-25: GC Approval

2012-03-....: PGC received

Timeline

BTW, reffering to ur planned visit to BG soon, you might wanna read here:

K-1 is almost impossible now

Thought it'd be a good idea if you were at the interview (F):thumbs:

2009-02-19 : I-130 package sent_________________2009-02-20 : I-130 Received in Chicago, IL

NVC ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-05-19 : DS-3032/AOS Bill Generated__________2009-05-20 : DS-3032 e-mailed; AOS/I-864 Bill (paid online $70)

2009-06-04 : e-mailed DS-3032 accepted by NVC____2009-06-04 : IV Fee bill generated, paid online $400

VSC ~ROC~ Journey

Not sure what the implied value of the above-linked thread is... :huh:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

It is non-immigrant. Unless someone else has filed an immigrant petition for her in the past, the anwer is NO. You did not file an immigrant petition for her

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

Regarding work or school she can answer either "NO" or "YES with DHS authorization" Makes no difference. You can also answer "NA K-1 visa for permanent residency"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I'm implying it will be more helpful if he's really coming over to Bulgaria and going with Dani to the K-1 interview. Not implying at all that Dani will have her visa refused, only that his presence at the time of interview would be great (if what people in the other thread are implying is true) and considering that this is Shad's second time petitioning someone (which might be a red flag).

Hope I was clear this time ;):thumbs:

NVC ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

VSC ~ROC~ Journey

Timeline

I'm implying it will be more helpful if he's really coming over to Bulgaria and going with Dani to the K-1 interview. Not implying at all that Dani will have her visa refused, only that his presence at the time of interview would be great (if what people in the other thread are implying is true) and considering that this is Shad's second time petitioning someone (which might be a red flag).

Hope I was clear this time ;):thumbs:

It rose a red flag for sure! It put us in AP for 3 weeks at the NVC :angry: Oh well. I have been to see her twice, and we have a lot of documented evidence, so we should be all good :) There isn't enough time or money to go back to BG right now. :) I appreciate your concern.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.