BinhJerome

rebsumission of evidence blue slip

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was wanting to know that if you resubmit earlier than the day that they require will they look at it sooner? I am leaving Vietnam at 6 am on the 10th of august for home. When my fiancee went to the consulate the lady said because we filed early that they would simply call us on the 20th of August or if my fiancee wanted to that she cpould come back on that day. My fiancee is going to go there on the day and be there on time with all of our evidence we have, but I am wanting to know if they will review it early or if they are planning on waiting until the day? Also is there anything we can do about all the blue slips?? They keep requiring things that are not on the lists for k1 visa applications. If they need the timeline why do they not tell people this ahead of time??

Thanks Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I was wanting to know that if you resubmit earlier than the day that they require will they look at it sooner? I am leaving Vietnam at 6 am on the 10th of august for home. When my fiancee went to the consulate the lady said because we filed early that they would simply call us on the 20th of August or if my fiancee wanted to that she cpould come back on that day. My fiancee is going to go there on the day and be there on time with all of our evidence we have, but I am wanting to know if they will review it early or if they are planning on waiting until the day? Also is there anything we can do about all the blue slips?? They keep requiring things that are not on the lists for k1 visa applications. If they need the timeline why do they not tell people this ahead of time??

Thanks Jerome

Submit it asap... they may not look at it on the 20th if you wait until that day... that is just the deadline to submit.... You can submit early and call and email to check on it...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks Jerome

Hey men

you must turn the doc on time the as need no sooner or early my wife ask for it

john

Timeline

Thanks for the advice.

When I made the timeline, it was notorized on the 27th of July and I put in the timeline August 1st. I plan to travel to Vietnam, to personally deliver the requested information on my ex wife and on the timeline on Monday August 3rd

When we showed up on the 3rd of August I was going to go ahead and have the consulate notorize the timeline as well for more proof that I did in fact some back to HCMC but we showed up to late in the day to have them notorize the document so Binh went ahead and submitted the document early as we indicated in the timeline we would. I also made 2 copies of all the documents I brought and had the copies also notorized so that if they "lost" them that on the 20th my fiancee would have notorized copies that she would also bring to the embassy.

Thanks again for the replies.

'Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

I guess i'll be there to turn in our proof too. At least being there with my wife will help her to relax a little. Might do the Notarize there at the Consulate too. Hopefully they get our date straighten out so we stop worrying.

event.png

Timeline
I guess i'll be there to turn in our proof too. At least being there with my wife will help her to relax a little. Might do the Notarize there at the Consulate too. Hopefully they get our date straighten out so we stop worrying.

We wish you the best of luck. It just sucks that I can not be here on the 20th of august for the follow up, but no job no visa. I am sure that things will work out for you.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

We wish you the best of luck. It just sucks that I can not be here on the 20th of august for the follow up, but no job no visa. I am sure that things will work out for you.

Jerome

Thanks for the comfort man. I guess that's the best we can do for each other now. I wish you guys the same.

event.png

You can submit early and maybe even get the pink. My wife went in early to resubmit and they gave her the pink after barely looking at the resubmit documents.

I don't know how your case is different but our case is more complicated. I wish we can just pray and receive. All we can wish for is the documents submission and PINK.

event.png

You can submit early and maybe even get the pink. My wife went in early to resubmit and they gave her the pink after barely looking at the resubmit documents.

I don't know how your case is different but our case is more complicated. I wish we can just pray and receive. All we can wish for is the documents submission and PINK.

All I have to say is good luck to all you guys. submit and get pink.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Timeline

Everyones cases are different. All we can do is hope and pray for one another and give them support. I am sure it will all work out for you, and if you have the same feelings as I do for my fiancee then you will be together no matter what. We have already talked about the visa and if we do not get the pink we will keep trying, but if all fails to get her to america, I have no problems moving to Vietnam. Binh is my life and I know no matter where, we will be together.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If it were not for my son being in public school in the US I would have moved to HaNoi already... If there was another legal way for her to be here married to me and not worry about having to leave, we would have done it already...

What we are all going through is like we are all heading to the same point in the middle of a jungle... we are all leaving from different points and have different baggage to carry along the way... none are on the exact same path, but we share the same goal... recently a new hurdle has been put in between us and the final goal.. "A timeline" .. true its not on the maps that we all have, but we must get past it.. its our duty to help others on the journey...

Now we all know its there; so as Roger said in a discussion last week, lets get some examples of good ones out there so others know what to do before they send in the I-129F... 'Frontloading'

By Law, The CO can only deny a petition based on information the USCIS was not aware of or did not have available to them... That is why they are asking questions trying to show that the beneficiary does not know enough about the petitioner... I have an issue with the fact that we submit proof of relationship in the initial pkg. and then proof of bonafide relationship is requested at the interview... IMO someone looked at the pkg in USCIS as decided that the relationship was in fact valid... if it were not then an RFE would have been sent to the petitioner at that point... It all boils down to the VN consulate overreacting to the fact that they allowed so many fraudulent relationships get visas in the past... put yourself in the CO's shoes an think how you would handle the situation knowing that there has been so much fraud in the past and likely still remains.... They look at everyone as a fraud until we prove otherwise...

I must wonder if there is some legal issue with the fact that petitions from VN are the only ones that require a "notarized detailed timeline of relationshp" I wonder what the ombudsman thinks about the different standards and requirements being applied...

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I resubmitted my timeline along with some other evidence a few days after the blue slip. They asked me if I had anything else I wanted to submit with the timeline, and I handed over some chat logs, recent photos, travel documentation, etc. My fiancee told me they didn't want a lot of our evidence the day of the interview, but I was unclear as to whether the CO took a look at it and maybe made some notes, or if a VN clerk just told her they didn't want it. My attorney also advised me to submit everything I had with the new timeline, including copies of things they kept in case they misplaced it.

I sent them one email about 10 days later and got no response -- nothing happened until the next appointment. Thanh went to the consulate and gave them another timeline -- just a few minor changes from the one I submitted a few days after the interview. I added the middle names of my US travel companions, bolded some additional text that corresponded to things on the blue slip, etc.. They took the newest timeline, then came back 2 hours later and gave her pink. They also returned almost all of the evidence we had submitted except for the timeline and of course the forms we had signed.

I know it's been stated in this forum that if you submit a detailed timeline to USCIS, then the Consulate has to accept it. I really have a hard time agreeing with that premise. First of all, there is a 6 month gap between the documentation submitted to USCIS and the interview. I believe the CO wants a timeline that covers the period from first contact with your fiance/fiancee to a day within a month (approximately) of the interview. Now I suppose you could submit a timeline to USCIS listing the start and end dates, then submit a supplemental timeline to the Consulate with a start date that picks up from the original timeline, but I suspect they would not accept this. OTOH, if you give them a single timeline document, they are not going to compare it to the document you submitted to USCIS and say "gee, they match up to this date, so we can't challenge any of this because USCIS accepted it". Instead they will accept it as brand-new evidence that needs to be scrutinized. Secondly, my attorney told me that the Consulate often doesn't look at any of the evidence submitted to USCIS -- they want new stuff. Third, this is turf war between the State Department and DHS.

I do agree that the VN Consulate should make it clear exactly what need to be provided in the timeline, including a format, and state that it needs to be signed and notarized. It absolutely dumbfounds me that they don't make this clear and instead reject thousands of applications with blue slips over the timeline issue, then make everyone resubmit the documentation. I would also think that it would hinder their interview process somewhat and make it more difficult to make a fair and just decision a month later using a resubmitted timeline. :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Jerome

Just follow their instructions and you will be ok.

JNR

Timeline

I think what everyone on visa journey needs to do is once they get the pink if they recieved the blue requesting a timeline we should write to our senators and congressmen. If enough people all stick together and do this and allow the use pof their names eventually spomething might get done. But if we just do what they say then nothing will get done. I would not reccomend calling or emailing anyone until you get the pink just to make sure there is no retaliation, but we should all pass the word and maybe the co's will take notice if we all stand up against them and complain. I think we should all try this and all do it then something good might come from this to future petitioners!!

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.