• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

REPLY TIME!!!

Post #2000 (L) (L)

I remember when I had a couple of blue squares and made a comment that I hoped my journey wouldn't take long enough to get many blue squares. :lol:

:dance: (On the heart, not the taking so long part.)

I TALKED TO DJ

His brother went up to the hospital and called me so he could talk to me - He has his phone back - he had given it to someone to charge (who of course, used up the credit) but got it back today - he's feeling better, the doctor says he'll be in there about a week more, then we have to figure it out from there - but I am so relieved to have heard his voice - I swear, I was gonna be on a plane tomorrow!

I'm so glad you finally heard from him & that he's recovering & going home! WHEW! *big sigh*

Here's a lesson for those still processing....make sure you get that police record expunged. My SO had his interview 8-4, it went very well except for the Police record wasn't in hand. he had a letter from victim assistance who petitioned for the expunged record, verifying it's in process...but of course he got blue slipped to return with the final PR. They are ambiguous with him about when it's ready, but he is persistent now. We thought his record of possession from 9 years prior would be disregarded, then after the delay in interview due to his health, he decided to go for the expungement...but didn't realize how bogged down that has become. So Lesson: do it right away! any record is bad.

But YEAH!!! the interview was good! thanks for the good vibes!

Glad the interview was good & I hope this part goes smoothly so they can finally give him that pink slip (that's the good one for us)!

:dance:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, 1LUV!! :dance:

Happy belated B-day! Hope you had a nice day!

afternoon yardies! so we have finally set a date and just wanted to share with you all.....me and richard are planning our wedding for february 9, 2010 in jamaica.....i prolly wont post it on my FB page anywhere for a while as to the exact date caue i dont want fellow co-workers seeing a def date and try and bid vacation that same week.....once vacation bids are in i will announce to FB world LOL.....i am super excited and the ball is rolling and already moving very quickly.....and after a few emails with journee and phone calls we (me and my mom) have decided to have her plan the wedding and help her out with the business by throwing her or business (well richard wanted hi aunt to plan it so he is still adjusting to this change but he understands why i am doing this.....i want his aunt to be able to enjoy the wedding and not have to be running around and doing this and that and theres alot more to it but i am ok with this decision i have made)......she has a lot of great ideas and thank the lord for letting me find her right here on VJ! am looking forward to working with her to plan my big day......

tanya and monika and a few have mentioned being in jamaica at that time (hopefully it works out and some VJ sisters are able to be there!)

we have gone through lots to get to this point and i cannot wait to begin the whole process over and refile as married and have RIchard here with me and the kids and we can be a family TOGEHTER! our CR journey better move as quick as some lately! LOL

CONGRATS! Hope this process moves along quickly for you!

Timeline

Next....

nat! that's so super, what a good suprise!

$ :star:$

hotlegz~ what do you do at the PT place? ya done packing yet?

ells~ much love and light to you on this day!

*goooooooooing to the chapel and we're gonna get married*

mawnin' y'all~

1. ugh, i hate saturdays at work......but the beat goes on

2. i finally made a plane reservation for D, he will be leaving MBJ on august 19!!! soon come!

finally, for once, he was speechless (lololololol) mi man love ta chat and chat and chat :blink:

3. have an enjoyable weekend, im out

Thanks Just & congrats on D coming home to you in less than a week now! :thumbs::yes:

And Nat... Just think you said you would rather stay home. Good thing that already purchased bottle of sangria pushed you to go.

I NEVER want to go anywhere. Yet 90% of the time, I enjoy myself and am glad I went. It's just the initial act of getting ready & driving that I don't like. That's why I look forward to teleportation. Coincidentally, esp since this event was 45 minutes away, I met someone there who lives in my same apartment complex! I never saw her before, but she said she saw me one time going to the gym with a company t-shirt on. Small world.

I didn't tell you all, but yesterday afternoon Steven was complaining of chest pain and he was clearly having shortness of breath. I kept telling him to go to the doctor/emergency room because chest pain isn't something you play with. He kept telling me not to worry. :wacko:

Well, this morning he was still in pain, watching tv. At my pushing, he went to Sav to go to the doctor (hospital?). Turns out that he has a bad reaction to ackee. The doctor told him not to eat that anymore.

Again, another similarity I find we have Nat! I have a hard time getting myself to go to events but usually always am glad when I finally did.

Yep, tell Steven (I'm surprised though if he is unaware) to make sure he eats or is served only RIPE ackee. I have a suspicion he may have gotten some that was just a little too 'green'.

Thompson2B (and other recent visa approval recipients), have you started on the forms for AOS? I was just reading threads in that section and one guy was like "How are we supposed to fill all of this out AND get married??"

I said his case must've been processed too quickly. During my gazillion month wait for NOA2, I had plenty of time to start on those forms already. Some have even changed since then, so after NOA2 I updated them. This way, once we get the marriage license, we won't have to do much scrambling to get all the AOS paperwork together.

:yes::yes: That's pretty much what I've done too. Will have a couple forms to complete but almost everything is ready to go as soon as I'm ready to send it...and of course as soon as we get our certified copies of the marriage certificate in the mail.

Question: Has anyone rented a car out of the MBJ airport? If so, which company did you go with? I want to make sure the company I rent from is located at the airport and not some distance away.

Nat, I've never rented direct out of the airport but twice out of places across the road from there. One was a good experience (Chalis) & the other was bad (Genesis). I've used this site to compare prices & it has helped me find decent rates with the local companies. And as Sus said, many companies will pick you up from the airport & arrange to have someone meet you there as well when it's time to drop off so you don't have to worry about that part. Here's the link I've used:

http://www.carrentalexpress.com/

Timeline

Still more....see what happens when I miss even 5 days????

Hey everyone! I added some pictures to my profile from my last trip down to Jamaica if you are interested in taking a look!

You & your family are BEAUTIFUL!!

MI always wid deh pickney problems LOL but it's getting easier

I am so ready for a vacation i just saw 198.00 RT to Kingston I am searching for flights now. I have to use a week at my Timeshsare before the end of September or I will need to extend it but I have no clue what I am gonna do just yet.

I am going to a wedding in February in JA and we are also renewing our vows on our 2 year wedding anniversary on that trip as well.

Yeah where is Ells? Honeymooning I suppose she is M.I.A. on FB as well

Sorry that kid of yours is still driving you crazy Philly! You should punish him by making HIM bathe cats! LOL!

That's so sweet you'll be renewing your vows in February! :luv:

I was supposed to be back to work on Tuesday but I came down with what I swore was going to be a rip-roaring cold on Monday night & got no sleep since I couldn't breathe through my nose. I called in sick that morning & by noon I was feeling almost completely back to normal except for a woozy/groggy head. It was so weird! I was certain I'd be sick for a couple weeks the way that came on. So I came back Wednesday & spent all day catching up on here so didn't get to post.

thats precious dillon..

wow

i can't think of talking to ANYONE that much LOL.. i am the WORST relative let alone DIL..

mi nuh like di phone!!! LOL

I wave off Lehi all the time when he wants me to talk to a friend or relative. I just don't feel like it....maybe it's cause I don't really have anything or know what to say. :unsure:

Timeline

PART 4!

You didn't read back any pages, did you?

Guilty...

guilty-puppy1.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That was too cute!

The whole process at the embassy was smooth. Just don't look scare, like so many of the people who where there did. It will be okay...

This is so true I feel Roxcie! We seemed to breeze through & I don't know how others fared since we were the first in & out but everyone around us seemed so stiff & unnatural. No one spoke to eachother or the couples that were there didn't show any affection like even holding hands or anything. If I was an officer there, I'd definitely be questioning some of those couples based on that....we did everything we could (keeping it family-friendly of course...LOL!) to show our relationship was legitimate & loving. We held hands, joked with eachother & giggled, talked & I even nagged (nicely) a time or two. I was nervous that mister might not be able to answer all the questions correctly (even now he isn't real good with my birth date) but I just tucked that nervousness away & tried to keep things light so we didn't freak out over how serious it could end up feeling.

:lol:

yay-free-puppy.jpg

LOVE IT! :lol::lol:

My dream has come true today! :blush:

Let me guess. It is no longer illegal to drink at work! :rofl:

:rofl: DOH! I know my job would be a million times better if I could drink at work! :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

lmao ells is gonna use the next three pages to reply

gotta love her

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
D is arriving downstate on the 19th in the p.m., and my parents are driving him up to the island the following day. :D

are you still planning on getting married on 9-09-09? that's still the plan here.

Congrats again & I love the date of 9/9/09! I would've picked that date too except that's the day mister's visa expired. So I picked 8/8 instead. Too bad it wasn't still 2008!

Kimmy, meeda BEX nuh bloocleet tuh.....FRIG taking a WHOLE dyaam suticase when she neva have di MANNAS fi even CALL him and ACKS him fi cyaryy nutting!!

Mek him lef him OWNA rass clothes if him a guh cyarry dat.

Or mek she pay fi a EXTRA piece.

enlgihs a chu yuh no know..like the girls here say mi hot like fish grease!!!!! mi not even talk to him bout it yet..mmi asleep when him come and him a sleep when mi a lef..and no mi neva feel like saying to bye...she too phocking out of order....not even fi him bday she calll and den a pack big rass overwieght suitcase

I'd be HOT too! I'd have left behind anything that was too many bags or overweight & later said, "SORRY!"

Bunz, Finesse just for you!

I will hit you with another Jermaine in the interim , Jermaine Stewart that is! LOL I know yall remember this song! This was some feel good music!

Man that brings me WAAAAAYYYY back! The 80s were certainly something! :dance::dance:

action on di block!!!

hubby a call me to tell me fire trucks and we energies (gas/light company) trucks all ova di place on our block

come to find out, someone smelled gas and called the gas company....gas company came and knocked on door of house where the gas smell was coming.....nobody home so they broke in the door...

it wasn't no gas smell......di ooman have over 50 cats in the house and the whole house full of piss and shyt

is either philly or ells dat

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Oh lawd I about fell over when I read this! :lol: In my defense though, I'd never own that many! Can ya'll believe I have NO pets right now?? I'd like a cat but life is too mobile right now for me to have one. I still want to travel & not have to worry about poor kitty at home.

Timeline
I'm gonna head home now, even though it just started storming (same time it stormed yesterday!), JUST cause I want to see what Ms Nelly posted.

Nat they are posted on facebook also

I saw that too late. I already came home. :D

I would've never guessed that she's your daughter. Congratulations to you & her. Is this your first grandchild?

Ells, glad you're back. I can't wait to read your reply to everything. That might even be more entertaining than Wheel of Fortune.

JaP, if I can remember your name on FB, I'll watch the video.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Timeline
I'm gonna head home now, even though it just started storming (same time it stormed yesterday!), JUST cause I want to see what Ms Nelly posted.

Nat they are posted on facebook also

I saw that too late. I already came home. :D

I would've never guessed that she's your daughter. Congratulations to you & her. Is this your first grandchild?

Ells, glad you're back. I can't wait to read your reply to everything. That might even be more entertaining than Wheel of Fortune.

JaP, if I can remember your name on FB, I'll watch the video.

Yes Nat this is the first and thanks

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline
She sent me this:

So glad I finally found you after looking all these years not knowing if you were dead or alive. Glad that you are healthy and happy. And glad that you are accepting of all this. I want to thank your adopted parents for loving you and taking care of you. I never want to come between you. Even though I haven’t known you all these years I can’t help but love you.

This is the poem I wrote:

So many years ago

When I was still so young

I went through an experience

Not easy for anyone

The choice was made for me

Being a child, I had no say

And so a child gave birth

Then watched her daughter be taken away

As time passed by I realized

The extent of what I lost

And so I vowed to search for you

To find you at any cost

I’m so thankful to have found you

And see you’ve grown up well

I must give thanks to your family

They’ve raised you good, I can tell

To know you have your health

And that you’ve found happiness

Fills me with such joy

I cannot fully express

I realize it must be hard

Like I came out of the blue

I thank you for accepting me

I have long searched for you

I would never want to come

Between you and your mother

Yet I hope you can be thankful

That you Kim, have another

My little girl of long ago

Is a woman now today

And I can’t help but love you

No matter how long I’ve been away

So please accept my offer

Of love where love is due

So long ago I let you go

But I never stopped loving you

That is beautiful Princess! You are so poetic!

Hey Bunzarelli, we got our visia back in 3 days. So Sunday is on...

Roxcie and Joel

CONGRATS Roxcie! That is so cool!

smiley-love064.gif heartsmile.gif smiley-love064.gif

WOOO HOOO!!!

smiley-love064.gif heartsmile.gif smiley-love064.gif

LOL! Finally!

i am trying to hang in there. i haven't spoken to her tonight and she knows to stay away. i have been crying a lot tonightg and have just been in my room thinking about what i can do to change her behavior.

Aww Dillon, I'm sorry you're going through this. I know the others have given great advice & I wish you the best during this tough transition period. You've raised a good kid, she'll come through eventually.

Dang. I just realized that if I had got the Continental MasterCard before I booked these last 8 trips to Jamaica on my Southwest Visa, I'd have an extra 8000 miles or so with Continental.

I'm disappointed that Continental charges so much for a one-way from MBJ to Houston. It comes to $461 with taxes & fees! It's $507 roundtrip.

The best one-way deal is flying American Airlines. It comes to $295 one-way, $433 roundtrip.

AA (layover in Miami): $728 total

Continental (direct flight): $968 total

Wow. That's a $240 difference if we rather take less desirable flights with a layovers, instead of a direct flight. Hmm...

I agree with JG, the Miami layover is not that bad (most of the time). They have good restaurants (Bacardi restaurant...YAY!, Cuban restaurant & a Caribbean-inspired one) & usually I can catch a quick nap there before the next leg of the flight. I always use cheaptickets.com to check fares & then book directly with the airline when I find the cheapest for what I want to fly.

Timeline

Okay Yardies, I pilfered my friend's album & posted it as my own so I can share it. Hope it works this time!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9536...mp;l=686be84424

how do you know though when someone is using someone just by what they post?

i assume more intimate details are shared under the quiet

i haven't seen anyone post here who i believe in my gut is being led into a relationship for the wrong reason

I have and do....but tried once to give advice to them about a small thing and they ignored it, so I'm done....But then again, who am I to be able to say anything definitively?? Maybe they want to take the chance for themselves...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.